• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League: Who's in charge?

Superman is the leader because....Superman is the leader. There's nothing left to say.

Although I do agree with you to some extent, Question.

I am going to say that it should be sort of a mixture of the whole group working together.

I would like to see the story start in space with Manhunter interracting with this grave threat and seeing he is not powerful enough and finding out it is heading for earth and him operate behind the scenes seeing to it the greatest of earths heros are all informed of the coming threat. They all come together and are beaten, superman manages to get them out and Manhunter seeing they are unable to function as a team comes out of the shadows and tells them he was the one that brought them together hoping they could stop the threat. Their being unsuccesful leads to them spending as little time as possible working on their basic teamwork. (if this movie is set separate away from the other films) they could hint that batman has some past experience with teamwork maybe hint at him having worked with superman on one previous occasion. The eventually would work out the problem and defeat the threat and see that for occasions such as this it will be essential to have a team capable of beating back world threats.

Batman is my favorite superhero of all time and a DC Icon but Supes is the franchise. Supes will always be the leader in the JL. Batman and the rest come as distant seconds. Bottom line is you can't have the JLA without the DC Trinity- Supes, Bat, WW; even though the core team might not be everyone's favorite choice.

When they're out fighting enemies, has Superman ever given orders? Usually I've seen Bats or GL giving field commands, while Superman just goes all out on whoever is giving them the most trouble.

Superman. Aquaman being experienced is a good point...but Aquaman can't always be there.

Batman may be end up being th founder but I see Superman always being the teams natural leader. Its like when Captain America joined the team in a latter issue (after the team was formed) he became their natural leader.
I see Batman having imput and respect and maybe even seen as "A" leader of the team but I see Superman being the team's natural leader. Batman is the stratagist. I also see each team member having equal imput or at least seen as equals (no one better than the other) because each are veterans in the superhero world.

It's apparent that most people favor Superman as the 'leader', while Batman and Wonder Woman are seen as the XO's.........and I'm certainly not going to argue with that....

But in terms of how it should be really viewed? Think of it like a 'Knights of the Round Table' configuration......each is equal and brings their own strengths to the team as a whole........

IMO ;)

It's true that Aquaman has the most experience, but lately he's been portrayed as more of a sometime ally than a core member of the League. And since he's looked upon as being silly by the general public (not me, I love the guy), they might not make him the leader. I could see him and Martian Manhunter as joint 'leaders', with Bats, Supes, and WW being right below them (but more up-front in the action).

What about Captain Marvel? I doubt he'd be in the movie, but I've always seen him as being something of an old man... don't know why, but he has an air of seniority about him, IMO.

It's apparent that most people favor Superman as the 'leader', while Batman and Wonder Woman are seen as the XO's.........and I'm certainly not going to argue with that....

But in terms of how it should be really viewed? Think of it like a 'Knights of the Round Table' configuration......each is equal and brings their own strengths to the team as a whole........

IMO ;)

I agree with that, but I tyhink that Superman should make the final decision. Kind of like Optimus Prime, Jazz and Prowl, if you know Transformers that is.

I agree with that, but I tyhink that Superman should make the final decision. Kind of like Optimus Prime, Jazz and Prowl, if you know Transformers that is.

He can be the spokesperson, but it shouldn't be whatever Superman says, goes. If they disagree with his stance, they should debate it. There are plenty of people stronger than me, but if they do or say something screwed up, they'll hear about it.

^ Yeah. I guess the League doesn't really need a leader. They all know what they're doing.

Every team needs a leader.

And out of tradition alone, I'd say Superman. Batman may be more popular, but him being the vocal leader would kind of go against the popular characterization of him within the League.

martian manhunter should be the leader the other three are the money people! He should be the oldest and wisest of the group

I've always felt that the the "big guns" in the League (Superman, Batman, WW, GL, Aquaman, J'onn, Flash) had a sort of democratic system where everyone gets a say. In a crisis, though, I'd say that most people look to Superman, and no one can really argue that.

Actually, I think Superman is the only person Batman would take orders from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"