Justice League Justice League's Source Material, Issues 183-185

Of course they cld just go with a shared universe but theyd better have the universe properly mapped out

It doesn't look like WB have that much mapped out. More like, hey we don't have the solo movies figured out yet, so let's set the JL movie far, far away from Earth.

It doesn't look like WB have that much mapped out. More like, hey we don't have the solo movies figured out yet, so let's set the JL movie far, far away from Earth.

:hehe: sounds pretty much right.
But still they do have to make a big decison when making the film-are they going with a Multiverse or a Universe?Most likely a universe though.which is boring imo

EDIT:It goes without saying but this story as awesome as it is needs major modification,compression, and plain cutting.We can already guess that the hero lineup will be different from the story-Probably only be the Superman,Batman,Wonderwoman,Flash,Gl,(no JSA or Firestorm).Also introducing the injustice league is not wise especially without solos.Id replace them with Appelexians/Hyperclan.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll start out with a Multiverse and in order to defeat Darkseid, the Multiverse would need to be destroyed, leaving a single universe (Earth 1) in the wake? Each solo movie would be their origin story on Earth 1 and then JLA2 could also be set on Earth 1. Not sure I like the idea but I guess they could go that way...

Basically you are saying the audience wont care about the story as long as it has Btaman and superman in it.
Thats not true-Batman and Robin as well as Superman returns proves this.
Just having Bats and supes is not enough

What I'm saying is that it's enough to get people to care. The movie certainly has to stand on it's own, but if both movies are equally good, I'd give the edge to Superman/Batman.

I certainly agree that Marvel has the better strategy and recent history, but if DC makes a Justice League movie that's on par with how Man of Steel looks and The Dark Knight trilogy, I think DC could win the summer.

I don't think this is the case, but there is also the possibility of the GA being worn out on the Avengers team in 2015. If they lose steam that could hurt both franchises.

I also don't expect Avengers 2 to bring in the same amount as Avengers 1. Kind of bold, right? I feel like the first invited more of the GA because it was an event. The deeper that these go, I believe the nostalgia will begin to wear off.

This is all obviously just my opinion, so who knows.

So there's no Aquaman or Martian Manhunter in there anyway?

Who knows maybe this rumor is false.

you're taking it as a 100% transfer from comic to screen. when has wb ever done that?

they'll probably use the big 5 and maybe aquaman and mm/cyborg.

do you really see firestorm and powergirl being in this movie?

if this is true then maybe all the rumors are.
jgl is batman
he'll have a cameo in MOS
darkseid is the villain

i kinda hope snyder directs. he's good with ensemble casts, and i really don't see anyone else doing it justice. no pun intended.

Deal breakers. ;)

I admit, I would be a little disappointed if our favorite Martian didn't get in.

No Flash either. The line-up will definitely be different. That story's League was Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Firestorm. They teamed up with Earth-2 Justice Society members Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Huntress, and Dr. Fate. They met Orion, Metron, Mr. Miracle, Oberon, and Big Barda along the way.

you're taking it as a 100% transfer from comic to screen. when has wb ever done that?

they'll probably use the big 5 and maybe aquaman and mm/cyborg.

do you really see firestorm and powergirl being in this movie?

if this is true then maybe all the rumors are.
jgl is batman
he'll have a cameo in MOS
darkseid is the villain

i kinda hope snyder directs. he's good with ensemble casts, and i really don't see anyone else doing it justice. no pun intended.

I must have missed this one. The only time I heard that mentioned was in Shauner111's post yesterday.

I must have missed this one. The only time I heard that mentioned was in Shauner111's post yesterday.

JGL being in negotiations for something before Justice League was in the same story that originally broke about Blake being Justice League's Batman. The natural assumption is Man of Steel.

Oh ok. Well i personally dont want Martian Manhunter or Aquaman in the first movie, and even before this rumor hit, it doesnt seem like they were planned for the movie anyway.

But ya obviously it'll be the main 5 including Flash as the lineup.

If they use this story it's the perfect way to introduce the Multiverse, having different Batmen running around and such, we can also include different earths and have golden age heroes be around all the while having our singular earth prime.

JGL being in negotiations for something before Justice League was in the same story that originally broke about Blake being Justice League's Batman. The natural assumption is Man of Steel.

I see what you're saying. To be honest, I don't think I made the connection because it seems outlandish to me.

The more that I've thought about it, I can understand why it would happen, and don't think it would be a game-breaker, but it wouldn't be my personal preference.

I can care less what fans think or how much this movie makes. As long as it's made and it's good then great. Itll make a lot of money anyway. There will always be a Marvel crowd in this who are saying THEYRE RIPPING IT OFF or regular folks who feel the same...all you have to do is tell them Justice League happened in the comics first and so did Darkseid so screw off.

Exactly.

I just hope most of the Justice Society stuff is cut from the screenplay if Beall is indeed basing his JL movie script off of this JLA story from the 80's.

I am curious as to how big and complex WB would be willing to go.

And curious how Latino Review seem to be getting a lot of info. now for this (unless they're being led astray of course.)

WB would want the JL movies to all be large scale. And the solo movies would be pretty large scale as well, so why not go all out for a JLA movie right away, to set the standard for a teamup movie compared with a solo movie.

But if they would want to use a Crisis storyline they would have to have a shared universe onscreen. I mean, these superheroes would have to deal with each other on (our) Earth as well.

Latino could be being led off the real trail like how they were led off the trail for Star Trek sequel movie info.

I do think Darkseid will most definitely be the baddie though.

Mybe WB is leaking it for buzz....or it cld just be WB leaking flase info to lead Marvel and fans astray

Yep. Leaking it for buzz and initial fan reaction or leading websites, Marvel and fans off the real story trail.

I would actually prefer the movie be based on the New 52 Justice League I just re read the first few issues and i think it would be a great way to do a JL movie.

Just got this whacky idea...
This is from a November interview. It's a bit of a contradiction no? Just like Nolans summer response to JL and now his coy answer to a MOS post credit scene with one of his Batmen.

“I don’t know how ‘Justice League’ is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t,” Snyder says. “But ‘The Man of Steel’ exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”

When asked whether he had conversations with the studio about integrating “Man of Steel” into a larger superhero universe, Snyder treads carefully.
“Um, how can I answer that?” he wonders. “I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.”
Wildly speculating, it sounds entirely possible that “Man of Steel” will mention another costumed crime-fighter — maybe in a post-credits sequence — that leads into another superhero film. Universe launched.

Now i say whacky cuz i DO believe Snyder is talking about a press release involving his name as the producer. And Nolans answers could mean anything. But what if Justice League is indeed 'in the works' through Bealls script. Something they're taking their sweet ass time with.....BUT Snyder/Nolan are doing a World's Finest with Cavill and Bale??

Thats alot of characters for 1 film. 1 teams big but geez JLA-JSA and New Gods.

But what if Justice League is indeed 'in the works' through Bealls script. Something they're taking their sweet ass time with.....BUT Snyder/Nolan are doing a World's Finest with Cavill and Bale??

That could be possible. Jeff Robinov wants a Worlds Finest film with those actors, and if he succeeds Barry Meyer as CEO and Chairman next year... I expect him to go full-throttle with a WF/JL film.

Anything's possible at this juncture.

Thats alot of characters for 1 film. 1 teams big but geez JLA-JSA and New Gods.

I'm sure it will be the Justice League and maybe Orion and Metron at the most.

Right, the basic setup is really just a team of superheroes going up against Darkseid on Apokolips. And maybe splitting up into smaller teams along the way to go on smaller missions to free prisoners. So they'll choose who they want to make up the team.

It does look like it would be effects/greenscreen heavy, in the portrayal of Apokolips and maybe New Genesis.

I just hope it has some substance to it, instead of just being thrown into this story with all these heroes on a mission.

Just got this whacky idea...
This is from a November interview. It's a bit of a contradiction no? Just like Nolans summer response to JL and now his coy answer to a MOS post credit scene with one of his Batmen.

Now i say whacky cuz i DO believe Snyder is talking about a press release involving his name as the producer. And Nolans answers could mean anything. But what if Justice League is indeed 'in the works' through Bealls script. Something they're taking their sweet ass time with.....BUT Snyder/Nolan are doing a World's Finest with Cavill and Bale??

I hate how you're making me like your ideas and speculations way too much. :cmad: :woot:

I'm still preparing for my worst case scenario: JGL is the Batman of JL. :o

What I'm saying is that it's enough to get people to care. The movie certainly has to stand on it's own, but if both movies are equally good, I'd give the edge to Superman/Batman.

I certainly agree that Marvel has the better strategy and recent history, but if DC makes a Justice League movie that's on par with how Man of Steel looks and The Dark Knight trilogy, I think DC could win the summer.

I don't think this is the case, but there is also the possibility of the GA being worn out on the Avengers team in 2015. If they lose steam that could hurt both franchises.

I also don't expect Avengers 2 to bring in the same amount as Avengers 1. Kind of bold, right? I feel like the first invited more of the GA because it was an event. The deeper that these go, I believe the nostalgia will begin to wear off.

This is all obviously just my opinion, so who knows.
1.Batman and Superman is enouh to get the public interested in it-I know that.
BUT
overt similarities in Plot and Villain to the avengers is enough to damper the auidence enjoyment of the film,which will lead to bad word of mouth which will turn off others from seeing the movie.That the movie has Bats and Supes does not give it a free pass to be a "ripoff" storywise and Villain wise.

2.How on earth can the Public be worn out on the Avengers team by the time of 2015?Theres no other avengers fim going to be released before then.Avengers 2 is a sequel to a billion dollar franchise and is further hyped by solo movies.Its gonna be huge success lets not kid ourselves on that.

I peronally prefer it.The smaller the team,the better.The Avengers had 6 members 4 of which where built up via solos.Yet Hawkeye got shafted.The Justice league with 7 members and no solos is a huge challenge,so i agree they shld go with 5 members.

Exactly.

I just hope most of the Justice Society stuff is cut from the screenplay if Beall is indeed basing his JL movie script off of this JLA story from the 80's.

JSA will be cut out.It goes without saying.Also introducing the injustice league is not wise especially without solos.Id replace them with Appelexians/Hyperclan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"