47 Ronin Sequel in the Works | Netflix

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
’47 Ronin’ Sequel Sets ‘Mulan’s Ron Yuan As Director – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Mulan actor Ron Yuan will sit in the director’s chair for the upcoming untitled 47 Ronin sequel. The action fantasy pic will be produced by Universal 1440 while Netflix will distribute. Production is slated to begin in the first quarter of 2021.

The sequel to the 2013 pic will be set 300 years into the future in an exotic cyberpunk world. The film will be a fresh, re-imagined take on the original feature and will incorporate horror along with modern samurai and ninja elements. John Orlando, Share Stallings and Tim Kwok will serve as producers. Universal 1440 Entertainment is a production entity of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.

“I’m incredibly excited to be working with Universal and the producing team on this genre-blending, martial arts, action, horror and cyber-punk film,” said Yuan. “This will be a fun, intense, supercharged thrill ride for viewers globally.”

Remember falling asleep during the first one, lol. Pretty much sucked!

I saw most of a Taiga drama on the 47 Ronin and bailed when I saw the trailer for the movie.

Well it's just going to be a low budget bargain bin sequel. It will barely even be a blip on the radar.

It's going to show up on your Netflix queue "Since you watched this, you might enjoy..."

The sequel to the 2013 pic will be set 300 years into the future in an exotic cyberpunk world. The film will be a fresh, re-imagined take on the original feature and will incorporate horror along with modern samurai and ninja elements.
So a sci-fi take on the story of the 47 ronin? I mean on it’s own that’s not a terrible idea even if it’s kinda unoriginal but why the connection to the Keanu movie? Seems completely unnecessary especially considering barely anyone even remembers that movie.

So will this be set in 2300's? I'm so lost and confused :funny:
b9bj1pl.gif

’47 Ronin’ Sequel Sets ‘Mulan’s Ron Yuan As Director – Deadline

Remember falling asleep during the first one, lol. Pretty much sucked!

I liked the first one despite its flaws. But I don't understand this. Just make a new IP. Why piggyback on the 47 Ronin brand? Its not like it has much or any draw.

I'll bet $10 Universal wanted to make an actual Cyberpunk 77 film with Keanu and CDPR shot their pitch down so Universal said "**** it, let's dust off the 47 Ronin brand".

I liked the first one despite its flaws. But I don't understand this. Just make a new IP. Why piggyback on the 47 Ronin brand? Its not like it has much or any draw.

I'll bet $10 Universal wanted to make an actual Cyberpunk 77 film with Keanu and CDPR shot their pitch down so Universal said "**** it, let's dust off the 47 Ronin brand".

That wouldn’t surprise me!

Sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"