47 Ronin Sequel in the Works | Netflix

So a sci-fi take on the story of the 47 ronin? I mean on it’s own that’s not a terrible idea even if it’s kinda unoriginal but why the connection to the Keanu movie? Seems completely unnecessary especially considering barely anyone even remembers that movie.
I guess the thought is that outside of Japan the only remembrance of the 47 Ronin story is the Keanu movie. And you always connect, even to failure, rather than try something new.

What in the actual ****?

I bet that guy who torpedoed his career directing the last 47 Ronin movie is ripping his hair out right now.

What in the actual ****?

I bet that guy who torpedoed his career directing the last 47 Ronin movie is ripping his hair out right now.

Why? They are going to make a no-budgeted bargain bin sequel.

I mean I watched some of Doom Annihilation. It looks like the sets were made out of cardboard and they used bicycle helmets.

Why? They are going to make a no-budgeted bargain bin sequel.

I mean I watched some of Doom Annihilation. It looks like the sets were made out of cardboard and they used bicycle helmets.

LOL, true. It’s just kind of insane. I mean, at least Doom has somewhat of a following. So I can see the reasoning for making a cheap, cash grab sequel. But while the revenge of the 47 Ronin is a known incident, I don’t think there’s a fanbase out there to market this to, especially not one set in the future. It just seems kinda pointless to do at all.

Heh, yeah I forgot about that dude. I could never decide whether I liked that movie.

The first movie wasn’t as bad made out but this sequel that’s not really a sequel just sounds a bit pointless.

Reeves was the only draw for me about the first movie but aside from that it wasn't particularly good. Interesting ideas that were squandered.

I kinda enjoyed the movie; I think I lowered my expectations to the point where anything that wasn’t absolutely horrid would have been a pleasant surprise. I liked Keanu and Rinko at least. But it wasn’t a good movie and it was no surprise that it bombed hard.

iu

So Aimee Garcia wrote this......after seeing this movie on Netflix and her own upcoming Netflix movie: which is a Christmas movie that follows the trope of "young woman from big city who is a celebrity who goes to a small city (to meet one of her biggest fans) and she falls for a local man (Freddie Prinze Jr.) in that small town" it's not surprising she wrote a bad movie.

Yeah, this movie is real bad. I mean, the budget pretty much dooms it from the go. I dare anyone to take seriously their faceless enemies, "ninjas" in sweat suits. Attempted to be played seriously. And it has been a while, but good ol' Eastern Europe fore cheap filming comes back. Lets just say, eastern asian themed sword fights look a tad off in Budapest. Also pretty certain this film is pretty racist.

The ladies are pretty though. Dacastos and Dan Southworth try, but are underutilized.

There is a certain "bad in an entertaining way" that I found to the movie.

So a sequel to a terrible, notorious flop is itself terrible. Not surprised. **** Universal and their pointless STV sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"