Batman Forever Kevin Smith has the extended cut of Batman Forever

Galactus123

Sidekick
Reaction score
Kevin Smith has it and talks about it here. More on June 19th:

I hope Warner releases it. The movie is very underrated. I really want to see the giant bat scene in HD. The fan edited version with music on Youtube is very good.

IMG_6054.gif

Listen, Batman Forever introduced a sidekick, two main villains and explored the hero’s backstory all without feeling overstuffed.

It basically did what The Amazing Spider-Man 2 thought it did.

The Schumacher movies are so important to me. They’re the reason I’m on the SHH boards. Those movies and BTAS started my love for Batman and DC. I have to see this movie!

Robin is my all time favorite character, so Batman Forever kind of just persists as one of my favorite CBMs

I'd be curious in seeing it. I still have issues with Batman Forever, but think it has interesting ideas, and I blame some of the choices more on WB than Schumacher.

really hope this leaks some day because idk if WB would ever officially release it

The one epic scene in that film worth keeping,

7agvd6.gif

7aguss.gif

Also hadn't realized but the scene retroactively reintroduced Zorro into the cinematic continuity...
giphy.gif

I guess he thought he had chosen the movie, and blamed himself?
Though being the last thing he saw as an innocent, he actually uses it as a means to reinvent himself; Instead of a black Fox as a Bat!

Last edited:
I'm always curious to see this, but has it really been confirmed as Schumacher's preferred cut? Or just one of his first cuts. People mix that up a lot sometimes.

I'm always curious to see this, but has it really been confirmed as Schumacher's preferred cut? Or just one of his first cuts. People mix that up a lot sometimes.
It could be the assembly cut.

Presumably an assembly cut, yeah. Joel wasn't unhappy with the theatrical cut--I think his POV was that since WB paid for it, his real job was to please the studio. Joel was always very no-nonsense.

It would be lovely to even at-least get a standalone release of the remaining deleted scenes. Fans have already made an extended cut that puts the additional material back into the film, and as nice as it is, we're still missing some of the best stuff.

I’ve softened up on Forever quite a bit in recent years. A cut that improves on what’s already there? I’d definitely watch.

There is a new video on Kevin Smith's Youtube channel. They talk about The Flash and this. Some things they say:

-This version is around 2 hours and 30 minutes
-We don't see Batman in the first 15 minutes
-Tommy Lee Jones' performance is very different. They over dubbed many of his lines for the final movie
-Jon Favreau has lines
-No Dick Grayson laundry scene
-Has the theme but mostly its music from the Burton movies.The score wasn't done yet.
-Its a better version of the movie

There is a new video on Kevin Smith's Youtube channel. They talk about The Flash and this. Some things they say:

-This version is around 2 hours and 30 minutes
-We don't see Batman in the first 15 minutes
-Tommy Lee Jones' performance is very different. They over dubbed many of his lines for the final movie
-Jon Favreau has lines
-No Dick Grayson laundry scene
-Has the theme but mostly its music from the Burton movies.The score wasn't done yet.
-Its a better version of the movie

So no drive-thru, then?

LivelyBoringHeron-size_restricted.gif

So no drive-thru, then?

If that joke is in this earlier cut, it just happens later.

In the script and earlier edits, the first act is in a very different order. Two-Face escapes Arkham, Bruce visits Wayne Enterprises and meets Nygma, and goes to the Batcave and then to the bank to deal with Harvey.

...yeah, the novelization or the cards show the original cut.

The comic adaption was more aligned with the film.

dang, i wanna see this legendary schumacher cut.

there is already a solid batman movie somewhere inside the original theatrical cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"