Kevin Smiths Comic Book Men on AMC

Last night's episode "Bucket List" featured more key comics than any other show, including an Action Comics #1. :hubba

Don't think that was a real one from the 1938, reason? He wasn't wearing gloves while holding the book, oil from the hands can damage the book/pages and that's not how you suppose to open it either, a book that old I would place on a table and then open it

I just roll my eyes at either the naivete or stupidity of the so called "customers" that walk in trying to sell their items. I mean just in yesterdays premier that one guy was trying to sell several Marvel comics that had key character first appearances but right from the outset all those comics looked like dollar bin fodder and the dude was asking for $1,500.00.

Clearly this guy wasn't knowledgable, some of them had spine creases, pen writing, and scotch tape that was yellowing more than Walt's teeth.

You be surprised how many times while I was at my comic book store and a person with a very bad condition comic wants top dollar amount because he looked it up in the price guild book :whatever:

Don't think that was a real one from the 1938, reason? He wasn't wearing gloves while holding the book, oil from the hands can damage the book/pages and that's not how you suppose to open it either, a book that old I would place on a table and then open it
I know, right? and even the way he opened by folding it as you would a regular magazine when browsing at a grocery store had me cringe. :huh: dude you don't treat a 78 year old comic that way.

I know, right? and even the way he opened by folding it as you would a regular magazine when browsing at a grocery store had me cringe. :huh: dude you don't treat a 78 year old comic that way.

My guess is that the one in the case was authentic and the one that Walt sniffed was a reprint. Anyone with knowledge of comics knows the hazards of handling and opening golden age books, so I highly doubt the one that was close to Walt was legit.

You be surprised how many times while I was at my comic book store and a person with a very bad condition comic wants top dollar amount because he looked it up in the price guild book :whatever:

I snicker when I'm in a shop and someone brings in comics while under the impression that age = value. 2 years ago, I watched a guy look shocked when a shop manager told him that his poorly-kept ALF comics weren't the equivalent of gold bars.

I snicker when I'm in a shop and someone brings in comics while under the impression that age = value. 2 years ago, I watched a guy look shocked when a shop manager told him that his poorly-kept ALF comics weren't the equivalent of gold bars.
LOL! ALF? seriously? poor guy must have gotten so bummed out that he went home to torch his NFL SuperPro comics.

New season starts tonight but not at midnight but at 1 am

This show is still going? Guess it's so low-budget that it doesn't really hurt to keep it going for late night time slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"