• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Kicking and Screening vs. normal release

Takmai

Civilian
Reaction score
I tried to look around to see if this was mentioned anywhere. My friends and I saw both the Kicking and Screening show on Tuesday and the midnight one. What we noticed was that the midnight show was DEFENETLY missing scenes that we saw during Kicking and Screening.

I'm assuming that this means those who went on Tuesday were shown an extended cut of the movie.

Woah edit wooooah: so it seems like it might have been a different reason than the Kicking and Screening show was longer... but I know that whatever we saw last night was NOT the same. I'm sure because once I noticed a scene missing, I started looking really hard for other differences. I guess I'm going to call the theatre later and ask them about it.

Things we noticed:
1. Alfred discusses buying the plane (that picks Bruce up from the boat) with Bruce.

2. The Joker hijacks the TVs and states that Batman must reveal his identity or he will kill people every day. This gives new meaning to the scene later on in the movie when the Joker talks about how Batman let people die.

3. In the chase scene with Harvey Dent, batman runs over and demolishes a cop car with the tumbler. I remember this especially because I turned to my friend and we both went, "DID BATMAN JUST KILL THOSE COPS?" Later on it is shown that the cops survived.

So, did anyone else notice these differences? Did you notice anything else that I missed? And many apologies if people have already talked about this.

Also, I liked the extended cut much better. That extra Joker scene made the movie so different!

you are mistaken sir. :huh: i saw both screenings and there were no differences.

I am completely positive that there were differences. The only other reasons I could think of are... the IMAX version is different than the theatrical. Or, the theatre I went to at midnight showed something different.

I was with three friends, and they all noticed missing scenes.

Uhm, maybe your memory is sketchy. It is a long movie and a lot to soak in.
All those scenes were in my kicking and screening and midnight showing.

with the advanced screening I saw which was before the kicking and screening, it was on the 14th when The Joker dropped at the end, they show him laughing manically as he falls directly to the camera, in the cinema releases when it came out on the 16th they cut out that little bit

I would think I just went crazy, except for the people I was with noticed it too.

Is is plausable that the theatre I was at for the midnight showing somehow got a different cut of the movie?

And did you both see the movie in IMAX only? Because the one with the missing scenes was not on IMAX.

Wow, our showing last night definitely still had those scenes. At least I think they did, maybe I'll double-check this weekend. ;)

I saw IMAX and normal. I could understand 1 and 3 somehow not being in the movie if there was a different cut. The second one seems to important to be missing in the prints.

I'm not doubting you but it seems weird that there would be different cuts giving out to theaters

It sounds strange to me. I really thought it was that Tuesday was a different thing. Now I'm thinking it was a weird accident that my theatre was given the wrong cut. Although if that's the case, it would explain a lot, because we couln't figure out why they would leave out the second scene I listed.

#2 was in my midnight showing

I can't remember if the others were

I'll def keep an eye out tonight-

I think I might have missed something from trying to take everything in, but I could have sworn a scene from the prologue was a bit different in the midnight showing.

It's the scene of the goon opening the vault... I didn't get the "funny... he told me something similar..." We just got a clip of the guy touching the vault and being shocked or something.

I think I might have missed something from trying to take everything in, but I could have sworn a scene from the prologue was a bit different in the midnight showing.

It's the scene of the goon opening the vault... I didn't get the "funny... he told me something similar..." We just got a clip of the guy touching the vault and being shocked or something.

That scene was in there too. After the shock scene.

I saw both and they were both the same.
The only difference was the IMAX screen is soooooooo big. I was in awe seeing it in a little theatre.

I tried to look around to see if this was mentioned anywhere. My friends and I saw both the Kicking and Screening show on Tuesday and the midnight one. What we noticed was that the midnight show was DEFENETLY missing scenes that we saw during Kicking and Screening.

I'm assuming that this means those who went on Tuesday were shown an extended cut of the movie.

Woah edit wooooah: so it seems like it might have been a different reason than the Kicking and Screening show was longer... but I know that whatever we saw last night was NOT the same. I'm sure because once I noticed a scene missing, I started looking really hard for other differences. I guess I'm going to call the theatre later and ask them about it.

Things we noticed:
1. Alfred discusses buying the plane (that picks Bruce up from the boat) with Bruce.

2. The Joker hijacks the TVs and states that Batman must reveal his identity or he will kill people every day. This gives new meaning to the scene later on in the movie when the Joker talks about how Batman let people die.

3. In the chase scene with Harvey Dent, batman runs over and demolishes a cop car with the tumbler. I remember this especially because I turned to my friend and we both went, "DID BATMAN JUST KILL THOSE COPS?" Later on it is shown that the cops survived.

So, did anyone else notice these differences? Did you notice anything else that I missed? And many apologies if people have already talked about this.

Also, I liked the extended cut much better. That extra Joker scene made the movie so different!

I don't remember Batman demolishing a cop car (there was a lot going on in the movie, I may have just missed it), but the rest of the scenes you describe were in my regular midnight showing.

It sounds strange to me. I really thought it was that Tuesday was a different thing. Now I'm thinking it was a weird accident that my theatre was given the wrong cut. Although if that's the case, it would explain a lot, because we couln't figure out why they would leave out the second scene I listed.

There is no wrong cut...all theaters have the same cut. There's a lot going on in the movie, people probably just don't remember everything they saw.

I saw it in IMAX last night...and joker falling and laughing was definitely there...but a couple of my friends got stuck in the regular theater so I'll have to ask them to know for sure.
But I doubt there were different cuts. It would have been too expensive for WB to distribute different reels for kicking and screening...Imax vs. regular screening theres certainly a possibility we did get something extra...but none of that is actually confirmed.

I saw the kicking and screening in NY Tuesday and then upstate NY last night in a regular theatre and there were no differences at all...

Except with the audience, regular people compared to batfans are totally not enthusiastic, kind of sucked, me and my g/f still enjoyed it as much as the tuesday showing

I am completely positive that there were differences. The only other reasons I could think of are... the IMAX version is different than the theatrical. Or, the theatre I went to at midnight showed something different.

I was with three friends, and they all noticed missing scenes.

I JUST got back from seeing it, and I saw it Tuesday. Those scenes are most assuredly in the other showings too. I saw it in a non-IMAX theater today no less, so it's not like it's an IMAX/non-IMAX difference. They were the same movie.

Your memory is just spotty, as is your friends. It's very easy to convince people of something if you yourself are very sure of it. i.e. "I didn't see these scenes this time! Did you guys?!" "Uh...now that you mention it, I don't remember them..." doesn't mean they weren't in the movie. It just means you guys forgot and all convinced each other it simply wasn't in the movie because you couldn't recall it.

Like someone said, it's a lot of movie to take in, it wouldn't be hard to forget some scenes.

Saw both screenings. On Opening day AND Kicking and screening. It seemed like the same to me. lol

I couldn't catch the number AGAIN. I know it was 17 something.

Also, sitting in front of the IMAX makes a HUGE difference from sitting in the back. Essentially its the same, but I can actually see everything without having to look back and forth. lol Thats an obvious one, but just make sure if your seeing it on IMAX, SIT IN THE BACK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"