Eternals KIT HARRINGTON is Dane Whitman aka BLACK KNIGHT

Im really curious if my Problem with KIT was the screenplan in GOT or if I really not a fan of his acting aka looking broodling.

giphy.gif

Anyone else hope we see the Black Knight in his full traditional costume?

Embarrassing to admit... I'm struggling remembering the deal with the Ebony Blade and its blood lust affect.

Does the blade have any connections to vampires or Dracula in Marvel Comics? Am I getting my wires crossed?

I think there was a storyline with the original Black Knight in Wundagore connected to Chton

I think the Ebony Blade's curse has been repeatedly retconned, but I don't recall it ever being connected to vampires. Also, the curse is not always bloodlust. Sometimes it transforms you into a giant monster ( especially if the wrong person tries to use it ), sometimes it makes you a 'living blade' wherein anything that touches you is cut. It varies, the only consistent thing being "Killing a human with the Ebony Blade is bad juju".

I wonder if they have a plan for him to headline a D+ series. A solo movie seems too ambitious right now.

I think the Ebony Blade's curse has been repeatedly retconned, but I don't recall it ever being connected to vampires. Also, the curse is not always bloodlust. Sometimes it transforms you into a giant monster ( especially if the wrong person tries to use it ), sometimes it makes you a 'living blade' wherein anything that touches you is cut. It varies, the only consistent thing being "Killing a human with the Ebony Blade is bad juju".
At one time, the curse was basically the sin of all the killing done by it in the crusades, but I think the blade itself is the problem these days.

So should we eXpect a solo movie or a streaming series? I don't want him to just appear in Eternals.

I feel like a Black Knight movie would be different especially if it is set in Europe. I don't know a lot about the ip,but from the covers I've seen, it could be a medieval-ish kind of superhero film.

In the comics Dane Whitman is actually American. He's British in the movie.

In the comics Dane Whitman is actually American. He's British in the movie.
While true, there's been at least some weird inconsistencies with this. I think it was most inconsistent right after he traveled through time (so some of the stories where he was inhabiting his ancestor and the black and white British Black Knight/Captain Britain stories), so I chalked it up to him having absorbed the accent around him while back in time, but I've seen some other times that people seem to have forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"