Konami distribution rep: MGS4 is coming to 360 in 2009.

You seriously need to wake up from this "Sony and Sony fanboys are the worst" thing you've been dreaming up for the better part of last year.

But...:dry:

broadwayxo1.jpg

This is pretty hard to believe, but I think it's becoming blatantly obvious that the days of exclusives are coming to an end.

all i have to say is...

:woot: :up:

I'm down to see MGS4 come to the 360, but i dont think this is any more solid proof than anything wev seen before. I mean look, i can do it too:

Ok guys i just got off the phone from a rep at Konami AND at Microsoft, now because what they told me is TOP secret, i cant give you their names but i got some GREAT news for ya. It is now confirmed, that the next Metal Gear Solid game WILL head to the 360 shortly after the game releases on the PS3. Here is what they told me:

"Yes, it is true that MGS4 will head to the 360 after its release on the PS3. It will not release on the 360 at the same time as the PS3 but shortly after."

So there ya have it guys, the 360 WILL get MGS4

See that? I just did what they guy over at Xboxfamily did.

I'm not surprised at all; I actually believe this rumor. If you just have a 360, I still don't think it's worth it. 12 months is too long for one game. I think it's a fair trade considering as how Gears of War 3 and the next Mass Effect are most likely going multiplat. Now, if it was a simultaneous release or maybe even say...6 months afterwards, then I'd kinda be pissed if I just owned a ps3. But we all knew this would happen. I'm more shocked that Mass Effect might end up on Sony's console.

Edit: Attempt#1 at debunk.

http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/story-342-Rumor-Killer-No-MGS4-on-360-says-Konami.html

Epic and Microsoft are in a three-game deal. Gears of War 2 and 3 will only be on the 360.

Same goes for Mass Effect. Unless post-purchase EA gave MS a load of money for the publishing rights.

Hmmm. Given the financial expectations that EA in particular has for the series, it only seems logical to make it go multiplat. How long has Mass Effect been out? A month and some change? It's at around 1 mill now. For probably the greatest RPG I've ever played, I expected more....considering as how COD4 is almost at 3 for the 360.

I didn't know they secured exclusivity for parts 2 and 3 though. With Gears of War...I knew they secured 1 and 2 but not 3. My bad.

Devil May go back into his hole before I develop an aneurysm. :(

:D

:confused:

Good to see you 2. Don't worry, school resumes next week, so I probably won't be able to post much. I think this is the first post by you (that I've seen) that actually contained substance. :o

Hmmm. Given the financial expectations that EA in particular has for the series, it only seems logical to make it go multiplat. How long has Mass Effect been out? A month and some change? It's at around 1 mill now. For probably the greatest RPG I've ever played, I expected more....considering as how COD4 is almost at 3 for the 360.

I didn't know they secured exclusivity for parts 2 and 3 though. With Gears of War...I knew they secured 1 and 2 but not 3. My bad.
It's not for EA to decide on their own. Microsoft and Bioware have a contract that EA's buyout still needs to respect. Of course, Microsoft can just sell EA the publishing rights they have for the next two games.

Considering how it's been performing, Microsoft's likely to keep the deal going.

Seems so. Mass wouldn't feel right on the PS3 for some reason but I do think a lot of PS3 owners would be interested in having it. Besides, I'm not sure Bioware could make it look as good as a 360 version. It would be another Madden unless Sony helped out big time (like Unreal).

Seems so. Mass wouldn't feel right on the PS3 for some reason but I do think a lot of PS3 owners would be interested in having it. Besides, I'm not sure Bioware could make it look as good as a 360 version. It would be another Madden unless Sony helped out big time (like Unreal).

I don't think so. Unlike the majority of EA's teams like Tiburon, Bioware isn't filled with hack developers.

If they made a multiplatform game, I think that they're talented enough to deliver both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 an equal experience like what Infinity Ward did for Call of Duty 4.

Let's just hope that Bioware doesn't have their own version of Gabe Newell.

We'll probably never know, as the Mass Effect trilogy will probably release just in time to end the 360's life.

Mass Effect 4 could be on the PS4 and Xbox 3 though. And will then be an annual release series.

Posted this in the otehr MGS4/360 rumor thread:

Once again, Konami denies the rumors. Im sure thll have to again next month when someone makes up some claim

TheGameReviews.com had the opportunity to speak with Konami’s PR about this latest rumor, and unsurprisingly, Konami is baffled by claims that Metal Gear Solid 4 is going multiplatform. In a rush to get the word out, it seems that those who broke the story talked to everyone except Konami, who made this statement "For the record, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a PlayStation 3 exclusive and there are no plans to develop an Xbox 360 version of the game." Nuff said..

http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/story-342-Rumor-Killer-No-MGS4-on-360-says-Konami.html

We'll probably never know, as the Mass Effect trilogy will probably release just in time to end the 360's life.

Mass Effect 4 could be on the PS4 and Xbox 3 though. And will then be an annual release series.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mass Effect 2 ended up on the Playstation 3. Simply because EA now owns the IP.

The first Mass Effect is never going to go on the Playstation 3 because Microsoft has the publishing rights to that game (which we all know), but who knows if EA is going to keep up with the deal that Bioware had with Microsoft when it was part of Elevation Partners.

Posted this in the otehr MGS4/360 rumor thread:

Once again, Konami denies the rumors. Im sure thll have to again next month when someone makes up some claim

It's interesting that they said "there are no plans" instead of "there are no plans at this time" or "There are no known plans at this time" or "We don't comment on rumors". Usually when something blatantly will be ported, PR usually phrases their denial in such a way that doesn't actually say no to the port further down the line. I'm not saying it isn't coming, or what not. It could hit the 360 at a later date, but it's interesting that they used such clear wording for a change.

Granted, there's still "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots will be a PS3 exclusive... we didn't say anything about Metal gear Solid 4: Subsistanence!"

If EA has to devote their resources to making Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 exclusive they might just dump the franchise and have Bioware do something new, while MS hands ME to another developer. EA is all about squeezing that last dime of profit out of a hip new game, so I doubt they'd want involvement in ME2 if they couldn't put it on whatever system they darned well think it should be on. I mean, Orange Box got ported to PS3 even though that fatty at Valve said that PS3 is a piece of garbage and should be discontinued, and refused to program for it in-house. Oh well, if Bioware can't make ME2, maybe they'll make another Star Wars game. Or better yet, that freaking Lord of the Rings RPG that EA has been teasing about for the last 5 years! I think I'd wet myself over that.

Well when mass Effect has proved popular enough on the 360 exclusively, I don't see that there would be an issue. Bioware has more than 1 studio, and if EA really wanted to they could probably get some money out of Microsoft for exclusivity. Dragon Age will probably end up with a PS3 and 360 edition now, but I can't see EA basically telling Bioware to kill off a property that they've already put a lot of forward thinking into.

Well when mass Effect has proved popular enough on the 360 exclusively, I don't see that there would be an issue. Bioware has more than 1 studio, and if EA really wanted to they could probably get some money out of Microsoft for exclusivity. Dragon Age will probably end up with a PS3 and 360 edition now, but I can't see EA basically telling Bioware to kill off a property that they've already put a lot of forward thinking into.

EA could double their money if Mass Effect 2 was also released on PS3 and PC. Why would they want to make it as an Xbox 360 exclusive when they could devote those resources towards a multi platform release (like say, the LOTR RPG? ;))? I don't think that anyone at EA wants Bioware to have to drop their latest brain baby on the head, but hopefully that means that they'll negotiate with Microsoft to get the multiplatform rights released, instead of selling the IP to MS and working on something else, or, for whatever reason, have Bioware make it as a 360 exclusive (highly unlikely given that EA is a multiplat publisher).

This is one of those things where it will take time to see how it gets sorted out (but hopefully it ends with me being able to play ME2. :) Or an LOTR game from Bioware. :D).

I wouldn't be surprised if Mass Effect 2 ended up on the Playstation 3. Simply because EA now owns the IP.

The first Mass Effect is never going to go on the Playstation 3 because Microsoft has the publishing rights to that game (which we all know), but who knows if EA is going to keep up with the deal that Bioware had with Microsoft when it was part of Elevation Partners.
Both partners would have to terminate the deal. It's highly unlikely with Mass Effect's popularity that Microsoft will chose to let it go after the first game.

So Microsoft pays EA to make Mass Effect 2 multiplatform? Are you stupid?

EA could double their money if Mass Effect 2 was also released on PS3 and PC. Why would they want to make it as an Xbox 360 exclusive when they could devote those resources towards a multi platform release (like say, the LOTR RPG? ;))? I don't think that anyone at EA wants Bioware to have to drop their latest brain baby on the head, but hopefully that means that they'll negotiate with Microsoft to get the multiplatform rights released, instead of selling the IP to MS and working on something else, or, for whatever reason, have Bioware make it as a 360 exclusive (highly unlikely given that EA is a multiplat publisher).

This is one of those things where it will take time to see how it gets sorted out (but hopefully it ends with me being able to play ME2. :) Or an LOTR game from Bioware. :D).
You clearly have no idea how any of this works, as you let show when you suggested Microsoft have another developer make Mass Effect 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"