Sequels Kraven - What to change and what to keep the same?

The main problem with Kraven for the producers (not me, he's one of my favourites) is that he doesn't provide any spectacular special effects or visuals.
Which is exactly what's needed, since we have The Lizard for the big special effect visuals. They don't need every villain with the need of heavy special effects (CGI), I think the audience would welcome a villain like Kraven into the franchise. I know I would.

They could introduce Kraven by showing him in Africa hunting some big animal. Then he gets the news about this big, dinosaur-like Lizard (the only thing that's missing in his collection since dinosaurs are extinct) in the sewers of New York. So he makes his way to nyc and ancounters the another "animal" that's missing in his collection: the human spider! :)

That's exactly why I DON'T want Kraven. His story is too...weird.

You can say that this is a comic book movie and that reality is stretched to its limits, but his character seems too far fetched, even when compared to an alien goo or human lizard.

I dunno why, I just don't like the idea of Kraven in a Spider-Man film.

Have you read any comics with kraven as the lead villain? KLH perhaps? Hell, there were some great stories that involved kraven's son going up against spidey...
I get that for the movies, Kraven being the single villain won't come off too well but that's why the 2 villain deal would work best. Kraven and the lizard. Its a perfect and fitting story to tell.

But don't be surprised if they use Electro instead.

Too bad. It was a good read and a clever update for the character. Brian Michael Bendis does some good work. You may want to give it a chance.
Are you serious?! LOLOLOLOLOL I read Ultimate way back when it started! HA!:woot: I liked it but for a movie....no way man...no F***ing way!:cmad:

Basically have Kraven come to NYC to hunt the Lizard creature that's been popping up, then when Spidey intervenes because he knows it's Doc Connors, Kraven decides to add Spidey to his quarry.

But don't be surprised if they use Electro instead.

I won't be. I'd say that it's probably going to be either Lizard and Kraven, Lizard and Electro, or Lizard and Vulture, though I think they should avoid animal combinations, and combinations that are awkward to say together (i.e. Electro and Mysterio, since they both end in the "oh" sound). I could live with any of those three combinations, but Lizard and Kraven just makes the most sense. They fit together like a lock and key, and Vulture and Electro could easily be used elsewhere, when Kraven doesn't really make sense paired up with any other villain.

Electro is the sort of guy who has cliche and played out powers. I dont want to see him for a long time if not ever.

Electro is the sort of guy who has cliche and played out powers. I dont want to see him for a long time if not ever.

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that we will see Electo at some point. There's only a few remaining upper-eschelon classic Spider-Man villains left, and he's one of them.

Electro is a little bit different from your standard lightning-firing villain, too.
Trust the Raimi. You'll see more than just Spidey and other things getting zapped.

Kraven brings that whole jungle theme with him, and I just don't like it. I don't even really have any comics with him in them (though I do have the Scarlet Spider vs. Kaine vs. Grim Hunter storyline. Do that, but with Kraven and I'll wet myself).
This would require the Clone Saga, but hey. Do it.

-Vaportrail

I doubt the black suit will reappear and to be honest, I don't see why. It serves nothing other than paying homage to klh.
it'd highlight to at least mj that something is up with peter and that he is missing since he may mention to her that he will never wear anything like that again since it scares her.

people associate that suit with a harder hitting spidey, it may reflect kraven's attitude towards being and beating the spider if he took down the lizard wearing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"