Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

As Veronica Cale:
DXKymc7XkAEU9oM.jpg

I think that she will make a fine Cheetah.
Remember, we don't know which version of Cheetah she is playing.

As Veronica Cale:
DXKymc7XkAEU9oM.jpg

That was my first thought, that Cheetah is just rumor mill talk and she's really playing Cale.

I'm willing to be surprised, but I'm just not seeing it right now.

I'm not feeling it but we'll see.

Not sure how I feel about this. I trust Patty but man am I indifferent towards this casting.

Who would have been better ?

Emma Stone ?

She's a good actress and she hysterical as well. She's got my support.

Why? She can do dramatic roles rather well.

She can, but she's an understated actress, a quality that seems at odds with this role. i don't think she has the right screen presence.

She's definitely someone who I would never ever have considered, but as soon as I heard about it, I was immediately like, "huh, that's pretty perfect casting".

She's definitely someone who I would never ever have considered, but as soon as I heard about it, I was immediately like, "huh, that's pretty perfect casting".

What makes Wiig the perfect fit for Cheetah?

I just can't see her as Cheetah. But ya'll gotta trust in Jenkins now tho. lol

Goodbye curvy woman in cheetah paint. Tis' was just a dream.

What if Patty had selected Kate McKinnon ?

I think Kristen Wiig may turn out to be a great choice for Cheetah. I had never thought of her in the role before, but the more I think about it, the more potential I see. I've always liked Wiig a lot as an actress. She's highly expressive in her acting and highly versatile in the roles she can take on, so I can see her potentially giving Cheetah a lot of emotional depth as a character. She's got my support if she truly is taking the role.

Last edited:
Interesting. It's not the worst decision. I would have loved to see her play Circe more than cheetah though

David Thewlis wasn't someone you would of expected to play Ares but he was fine. I'm sure Wiig will be fine as Cheetah

That was my first thought, that Cheetah is just rumor mill talk and she's really playing Cale.

I'm willing to be surprised, but I'm just not seeing it right now.

She might also be another version of Cheetah, not Minerva. Maybe Priscila Rich version? I do like the idea of her playing Cale. You could also maybe introduce Cheetah into that too like in the recent comic run those two kind worked together. Maybe even Cheetah could be born in this, maybe Diana meets Barbara Ann through work at the museum and somewhere along the way in the film she becomes Cheetah, blames Diana and then in the next WW she's the villain?

David Thewlis wasn't someone you would of expected to play Ares but he was fine. I'm sure Wiig will be fine as Cheetah

Then I look forward to seeing Kristen's head superimposed onto a younger athlete's body.

I'm starting to wonder if Deadline jumped the gun on the actual villain. If the recent rumour of Emma Stone passing on the role is legit it would seem odd the next choice would be Wiig. The two actresses are nothing alike in terms of age and film roles. I can see Wiig as Veronica Cale but as Cheetah I just can't see it, unless she's going to be doing mocap for a CG version of the character which would mean Wiig would only be seen as Minerva prior to becoming Cheetah.

Can she do bad-ass? I've only really seen her as wacky or frail types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"