Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

Wiig clearly as the range in her acting skills to pull off a role like Cheetah, and she's also clearly in good physical shape and can move around physically with a natural grace and poise. That's definitely what we need for Cheetah, and Wiig will also obviously be training for the role if she takes it. I'm very interested in what she might bring to the character.

The last Wiig movie for me was Mother! And she was distracting in a bad way in that for me.

I love Kristen Wiig from head to toe. I really have a thing for her and think she's hilarious and a mega-watchable actress. It'll be... challenging. To see her in a role while not wanting her to be too funny. But there's always the promo interviews to look forward to.

I honestly don't know what to think know about this at all. I mean... She can do dramatic work,but n terms of how I and I think others envision this character I think more along the lines of a Chastain or Theron.

That said... There has to be a reason they are looking at her. I hope Patty sees something I don't right now that makes her think it's a slam dunk.

Would you honestly believe Wiig doing the action sequences in Atomic Blonde? I sure as hell can't. No matter how much training she did. I'm hoping she will come through with the acting part and all, but the action bits is going to be a wait and see. I'm hoping it doesn't come off as a joke or cheesy.

Honestly this is an issue for me. The very vibe of the physical presence of both, and no I am not talking about physical beauty, is night and day.

I've found that with alot of these outside the box castings which pit fanboys against filmmakers, that most of the time, the version of the character in the script is why they've chosen a particular actor or actress as opposed to the version from comic books, cartoons, previous iterations , or in fans heads.

If Wiig doesn't get the role, you can be sure its going to be an actress who's in the vein of Wiig or Stone. Those names alone should tell you that aren't focusing on the physical presence as far the casting of the actress goes.

So, if you're hoping they'll cast someone who's super ripped and physical like in the comics , you're gonna be disappointed. That's clearly not the type of actress WB or Jenkins are going for for the part.

Now the actress who ends up in the part will probably end up being that way after a trainer and stunt coordinator. Whether that's to the extent fanboys want for the part is another thing.

They're obviously looking at someone who may be kinda mousy for lack of a better term, kind of a little sneaky in regards to how she obtains her artifacts, etc. Then suddenly she transforms into this....thing.

We have to stop pretending that every outside the box casting decision has worked out like Ledger's Joker.

:barf:
88a0fc210799940646e414fab6469b94a045ad2e.jpg

We have to also stop pretending like it's automatically a bad choice when we know nothing about what they're doing with the character. Also fans are kind of hypocritical at times when it comes to this area.

It makes me kinda wonder what the tone of the movie might be. The only thing Stone and Wiig have in common is they're both good at comedy, so maybe WW2 is going to have a lighter tone to it? Clutching at straws right now I know, just trying to see how you go from Emma Stone to Kristen Wiig.

I would imagine WW2 has a lighter tone since it's the 2nd movie out of the snyderverse (at least had a full production post BvS)

Kirsten Wiig is perfect for the role as far as I'm concerned, this is where it really pays off to have a woman at the helm. Snyder would've gone after Sofia Boutella like the fans wanted, and then we would have another Silk Spectre on our hands

Snyder would've gone after Sofia Boutella like the fans wanted, and then we would have another Silk Spectre on our hands

Your comment makes no sense. Snyder's casting in the DCEU has always been outside the box and initially hated by fans.

Ben Affleck
Gal Gadot
Jason Momoa
Amber Heard
Jesse Eisenberg

Your comment makes no sense. Snyder's casting in the DCEU has always been outside the box and initially hated by fans.

Ben Affleck
Gal Gadot
Jason Momoa
Amber Heard
Jesse Eisenberg

I'm not saying he would've cast Sofia Boutella to please the fandom, only that his criteria is as shallow as the fans'

Not counting Cavill cause y'all wanted that for yeeeeearrs.

We have to also stop pretending like it's automatically a bad choice when we know nothing about what they're doing with the character. Also fans are kind of hypocritical at times when it comes to this area.

Which is why I really don't take fanboy outrage over casting choices that seriously. I find it pretty ironic given all the hate Gal Gadot got when she was cast, and how many fanboys who love her now, thought she wasn't qualified for the part then.

I can understand someone being unable to envision an actor in a part. That's different from claiming the actor is gonna suck in the part or can't do the role justice.

It happens with the MCU and DCEU fans all the time , and more often then not, they end up worshiping the choice after they've seen the actor perform part as written.

Sure, not every outside the box choice ends up working. Then again not every conventional casting choice ends up working either. That's show biz.

It makes me kinda wonder what the tone of the movie might be. The only thing Stone and Wiig have in common is they're both good at comedy, so maybe WW2 is going to have a lighter tone to it? Clutching at straws right now I know, just trying to see how you go from Emma Stone to Kristen Wiig.

The studio wanted Stone. Patty then chose Wiig. This is according to the scoop.

I'm not saying he would've cast Sofia Boutella to please the fandom, only that his criteria is as shallow as the fans'

What?

Jefferey Dean Morgan as Comedian, Amy Adams as Lois, Gal Gadot as Diana (remember the breasts too small claims?), Russel Crowe, Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Jeremy Irons, JK Simmons....

I think either the trades got half right - this role is actually for an Etta Candy type, or it's for Cheetah but they're looking for someone with serious acting chops but with charisma/comedy skills as well.

I only saw Kristen as a cartoon character, but Emma Stone can play serious or warm roles as well.

We have to stop pretending that every outside the box casting decision has worked out like Ledger's Joker.

:barf:
88a0fc210799940646e414fab6469b94a045ad2e.jpg

Exactly. Some of the outside the box casting decisions are just dreadful and don't deserve automatic optimism.

Could the casting be for Veronica Cale?
Or did the TV version mean it would not be considered?

Exactly. Some of the outside the box casting decisions are just dreadful and don't deserve automatic optimism.
No, not every unorthodox casting decision is a Heath Ledger or Michael Keaton-level stroke of brilliance. That's certainly true. But that's not the point people are trying to make in bringing those examples up, however.

The point is that there is precedent for unorthodox casting decisions to pay off in spectacular fashion, so people shouldn't immediately write an actor off without so much as a glimpse of their performance. That's why those examples are constantly brought up. To counter those people who outright dismiss this piece of casting and are simply unwilling to give it a chance. I mean you've got goons on Reddit already calling this movie a "comedy" for goodness sake. It's **** like that.

Fans like to think they know better, but the fact of the matter is Patty Jenkins is closer to this situation than anybody. She knows what this movie is, and she knows what this character is. Taking everything that she knows into account, she decided on Kristen Wiig. I'd say her input is more valuable than those armchair casting directors'.

Could this casting backfire and blow up in their faces? Of course it could. Could Wiig absolutely knock it out of the park? Certainly. Could she just end up serviceable in the role and nothing particularly special? Possible. The point is jumping to extremes right off the bat ("This is going to be a disaster." / "This is going to be Heath Ledger-level brilliance.") is premature, and fans should simply know better by now.

People,
Patty can turn Charlize to a serial killer in Monster.
She transformed her in a way and you no longer see traces of beautiful Charlize.

Patty is a very able director.
She can turn this comedic Wiig into completely different character.
I have no doubt on Patty handling actors as Snyder on visuals.

Lets just worry about the story and writing.

I can totally see this and I honestly think it's a potentially brilliant casting choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"