Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

To be fair, comic book movies have also tried to tell us that Jim Carrey, Guy Pearce and Jamie Foxx are homely, lonely losers.

Fair. But it's getting tiresome in general. Especially when, in Cheetah's case, there's multiple versions and origins that they could've gone with instead.

I thought she was pretty good in the role actually, and Barbara's transformation arc, as cheesy as it was, was fairly effective and made for a sympathetic supporting villain.

So, apparently the Razzies nominated Wiig for "Worst Supporting Actress"...

I had no idea they'd sunk that far. That's, like, some Globes-level nominating someone just to get clicks/views nonsense. She did great in the role, no matter how you feel about the trope. They also nominated Glenn Close, so... :whatever:

Did anyone actually think it was bad outside of some neckbeards online?

To be fair, comic book movies have also tried to tell us that Jim Carrey, Guy Pearce and Jamie Foxx are homely, lonely losers.
I feel like they made a bit more effort to convince us that those guys were less attractive. Comb overs, long greasy hair, bad fake teeth and more oddball/eccentric type behavior. It wasn't just wear some glasses, less glamourous clothing and act slightly socially awkward or timid.

Did anyone actually think it was bad outside of some neckbeards online?
WWE Wrestler Charlotte Flair said she loved the first film but found the sequel boring. She had high expectations and felt WW1984 didn't live up to them.

Wiig's performance wasn't good IMO, but I think that was mainly due to the poor dialogue she was having to recite. I mean, I'm not sure there are many actors who could make "I want to be a predator. An apex predator" sound good.

Did Pascal get a nomination? I don't think either one deserves one, but I'd probably lean closer to him than her.

Overall I liked Wiig a lot in the role even if I didn't like everything the plot did with her. That at least puts her way above Leto and Eisenberg, who are just awful overall.

Last edited:
Watched the movie for the first time last night. I thought Wiig did fine in the role. My only complaint with her part was he CGI of her at the end. I thought it was too dark and muddy. Had trouble seeing her. With the amount of time the movie was delayed from it's original release date, they should of done a better job on her.

I thought Cheetah design could have been better, it was not bad, but looked too human at times.

After watching the movie again last night Wiig should be nowhere near a Razzie nomination.

Big disappointment. She could have been awesome. Should have expected it though after how lame Ares was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"