Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

Discussion in 'Wonder Woman 1984' started by Iceman, Feb 28, 2018.

1. The Guard Registered

I like the sort of "mythic monster" take on the design.

2. jmc away for a while

My gut is starting to tell me the majority of Wonder Woman v Cheetah is going to be a CGI fest shot in the dark to purposely hide the effects. The overall character design I'm not fond of either, but I could live with it if the imagery was clearer.

psylockolussus likes this.
  3. Aurakles Registered

I'm glad it seems they are keeping the full transformation to the end, gives Wiig a bit more freedom to act.

4. powerman33 Registered

I suspect that she’ll be the initial villain and then she’ll face off with Max Lord, that’ll cost her Steve. I just hope in WW3 they’ll go full God of War with her and her rogues gallery. Maybe even introduce a protege in Donna Troy

5. Micromind New World New Rules

Looks like Kristen Wiig's Barbara Minerva is based on DC- Rebirth comics

[​IMG]

6. SiegePerilous Registered

Feeling slighted by Wonder Woman and lashing out at her due to her own insecurities has been at the core of the Cheetah's motivations since she debuted in the 40s and has been re-worked into her motivation in the modern comics as well. The film seems to be going for a composite character between Priscilla Rich and Barbara Minerva. In spirit, this is true to the character whereas it was just out of nowhere for the Riddler and Electro.

Feeling slighted or threatened by Wonder Woman's perceived superiority and seeking to tear her down seems present, but that's a good thing since it's the problem she's always represented. Judging by the leaks, "ignored' doesn't seem to be an issue though.

7. Micromind New World New Rules

I like the fact that the film is about wanting more... and man's never ending need to acquire something, at what point does one think he's (/she's) got enough and stops ?