Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

New featurette on Doomsday!

Going to be cool to see the origin! I also think it’s awesome he was created through a mix of puppetry and CGI!

So glad there doing this. I'm assuming it saves some money, and it also adds a touch of realism in the non action scenes. I wish more shows and movies still did this.
Men in black did this. 2:24 They go from a puppet to CGI.

lol at the comments.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. When is fandom ever happy with anything? :oldrazz:

To be fair it must have been a shock to fans who are used to a deep voiced WWE meat head and not a lean Irish guy.

I'm calling it now though. This version of Lobo is going to be beloved by fans by the end of the season. Similar to Hugh Jackman's tenure as Wolverine. Especially if he commits to the gym.

lol at the comments.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. When is fandom ever happy with anything? :oldrazz:

To be fair it must have been a shock to fans who are used to a deep voiced WWE meat head and not a lean Irish guy.

I'm calling it now though. This version of Lobo is going to be beloved by fans by the end of the season. Similar to Hugh Jackman's tenure as Wolverine. Especially if he commits to the gym.

Some of the fans were shocked that Lobo had a Irish accent :D. I'm sure he will win the fans over if he gives a great performance, similiar to what happened to Heath Ledger and Hugh Jackman as as fans at the time didn't think that they will be great in their respective roles of Joker/Wolverine when they were intially cast.

Some of the fans were shocked that Lobo had a Irish accent :D. I'm sure he will win the fans over if he gives a great performance, similiar to what happened to Heath Ledger and Hugh Jackman as as fans at the time didn't think that they will be great in their respective roles of Joker/Wolverine when they were intially cast.
I'd bet money that fans will love Lobo by the end of the season once there expectations get adjusted.

I remember fans hating Ashoka for a few seasons of Clone Wars. Now they love her. There was also a little fuss with Bradly Cooper playing Rocket because the first voiced incarnation of Rocket was an British/Australian-ish voice actor. There was a small campaign to get Jason Statham to voice Rocket lol.

Sometimes fans should just trust creative team.

I also love what we’ve seen of Lobo!

Yea looks great. Although I'm curious as to his current power level in this trailer. Seems to have human level strength. I'm not mad, just curious to see how there going to tackle this version of Lobo.

Love how Lobo acts as if he's in pain then laughs as he reveals he can control his severed arm!

3 Page Digital Comic for the lead up to Season 2:

Krypton_comic_page_color1_page.webp

Krypton_comic_page_color2_page.webp

Krypton_comic_page_color3_page.webp

Krypton: Tales from the Phantom Zone

Yeah the writing for Lobo is spot on, that arm gag was great.

The voice is going to take some getting use to, for sure. I just have Superman TAS voice in my head for Lobo. But maybe it'll grow on me.

Krypton's Blake Ritson Says More Big-Name DC Characters Are Coming

Before season one began, producers had said that Adam Strange was not going to be the only modern-day hero to travel back to old Krypton. Rather, Hawkwoman was supposed to play a role as well. The character vanished without mention by the time the official season synopsis was released, and after the season wrapped up, showrunner Cameron Welsh said that they felt there was just too much going on in the first season, and did not want to give Hawkwoman a short shrift. Of course, it sounds like the show might have to get a third season to actually see whoever shows up, since Ritson told us that they are simply "teased" in season 2's back half.

Besides joking (we assume) that he wants to bring back Brainiac's pet from the comics, Koko the space monkey, Ritson teased, “I can’t say who, but there are some other big names from the DC Universe which are teased at the end of this season, so there are some big characters arriving and it will be quite thrilling to interact with them when they arrive.”

We’re in a show with a very strong, iconic, mythical universe. I think everything we do that fleshes that out and expands on that is exciting territory,” Ritson told ComicBook.com. “One of the great, exciting things is that we’ve now established that we’re in a divergent timeline. I think in the beginning there was this worry that if this is a doomed civilization, how long can the show exist? It’s slightly depressing. But now we’ve shown that this is a completely different, parallel life. Planet Earth doesn’t exist; Superman hasn’t been born. No one is safe, anything can happen. We really don’t know what other superheroes or super villains are going to arrive at any moment into this parallel, divergent existence. We are now in our own universe, extrapolating from the known DC lore into unknown territory; it’s a bit of a clean slate and I think that’s pretty thrilling. I think the showrunner and the writers have really embraced that and come up with some really fantastic new material.”

Just finished the first season, huge Supes fan, but despite the changes to lore, etc, really enjoyed this, bring season 2 on!

I'm hopeful for it. Lobo has always been one of my all time favorites. Maybe the accent will grow on me, idk. I figure he will get a bit more muscular from prior interviews with the actor. I've always liked the Spikey haired Lobo over the dread head look. I know these are small details that aren' that important... but yaknow.

Can't wait to watch Krypton tonight. :)

The Season 2 premiere episode was ok. Still feels a bit random but as long as they keep the focus on the rebellion it should be good. It still has a bit of an over-complicated feel, but I guess that can't be helped with the whole time travel/Zod from the future thing. The effects are much better and the show is feeling freer and more loose. Especially with the intro of Lobo. I enjoyed his portrayal and agree that all he has to do is muscle up a bit. All the elements are there for the show to take it up a notch.

Seeing more of Brainiac in that capacity was pretty good. I don't know why they didn't show his Seg fight scene. I was craving more action and liked the Jax-Ur/Val/Adam escape scene with the laser guns. Nyssa was impressive this ep.

Last edited:
Seeing more of Brainiac in that capacity was pretty good. I don't know why they didn't show his Seg fight scene.

Going by the damage to Brainiac's head and Seg's confused reaction to the aftermath when Adam found him, I think that they wanted to hint that Seg is getting "charged" under Colu's sun without actually showing him using superpowers just yet.

Yeah the writing for Lobo is spot on, that arm gag was great.

The voice is going to take some getting use to, for sure. I just have Superman TAS voice in my head for Lobo. But maybe it'll grow on me.
Yea same. They nailed the character, but the accent is going to take some getting used to. Him being Irish isn't even the big problem, it just tone sounds so uncannily like Conor Mcgregor it's a touch distracting lol.

Solid start though.
I'd be serverley disappointed if they don't at least mention Oa, the Lantern core and Thanagarians. I think they already name dropped a Thanagarian snare beast in season 1.

Seeing this Zod, can't help but think this character could have easily been Zod's grandfather. He could be Lyta's father, instead of her son. Just wondering if that was the original intention: Zod's family trying to rule Krypton and Superman's family forming the rebellion.

Anyway, things should get interesting if they track down Doomsday and use him as a weapon against the rebels. I wonder how Brainiac comes into play again. Also whether Lobo will be involved with Krypton much (or if he will be saved for his spinoff.)

Last edited:
Well, wouldn't ya know it [SPOILERS]:

Seeing this Zod, can't help but think this character could have easily been Zod's grandfather. He could be Lyta's father, instead of her son. Just wondering if that was the original intention: Zod's family trying to rule Krypton and Superman's family forming the rebellion.

It'll add a tragic layer to the story if Dru-Zod's actions in the past are the key to Krypton's destruction. Maybe Krypton's campaign of interstellar conquest draws the attention of the Guardians, who decide they'd better do something to stop it. Kryptonite's primary form is green, after all.

The show has a tough issue to work through: it can't really have any of the good guys --- even a flawed hero such as Adam --- working to bring about the destruction of Krypton for the greater good. An ambitious villain, though, who thinks he can change fate but ends up causing the future he's trying to prevent, that's sort of karmic.

Premiere was a bit dull. Not sold on this Lobo yet, but there’s potential.

It'll add a tragic layer to the story if Dru-Zod's actions in the past are the key to Krypton's destruction. Maybe Krypton's campaign of interstellar conquest draws the attention of the Guardians, who decide they'd better do something to stop it. Kryptonite's primary form is green, after all.

The show has a tough issue to work through: it can't really have any of the good guys --- even a flawed hero such as Adam --- working to bring about the destruction of Krypton for the greater good. An ambitious villain, though, who thinks he can change fate but ends up causing the future he's trying to prevent, that's sort of karmic.

I hope the payoff is worth it. It is an interesting dilemma. I feel it did sacrifice some of the character development (adding that whole time travel element.)

Premiere was a bit dull. Not sold on this Lobo yet, but there’s potential.

There are lot of different plot threads that are being set up and haven't come together, so yeah, it jumped around a lot. They're all separated.

Fine setup episode. Looks to have had a bit of a bump in set design.

I hope they change Cor-Vex’s name to Jor-El....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"