Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

Best part of the episode was the stuff on Colu. Loved the struggle between Brainiac and Seg!

The way they showed Lobo's healing factor was pretty awesome!

Wonder if we'll see more of Lobo and Brainiac this season based on the ending of yesterday's episode?

Last edited:
Nope. It's also down over 70% from last season's average in the demo. I'll be surprised if it gets a S3, but ya never know. It's actually in the middle of the pack in terms of SyFy's shows, but most below it are already cancelled or ending, and I just have a feeling it's also one of their most expensive, so the odds don't seem great.
Ahh s**t. This really pi$$es me off. What boils my blood is that the DC related media outlets don't seem to support it. I haven't seen a Krypton after show on youtube. And maybe I'm crazy but the DC Universe aren't showing it much love. I'm assuming it's because it's not on the streaming platform.

It's a damn shame. And to think that awful Gotham show got 5 seasons on FOX of all places. Why can't we have good things. :(

Ahh s**t. This really pi$$es me off. What boils my blood is that the DC related media outlets don't seem to support it. I haven't seen a Krypton after show on youtube. And maybe I'm crazy but the DC Universe aren't showing it much love. I'm assuming it's because it's not on the streaming platform.
It is on the streaming platform, though.

So I have this is hypothetical thought experiment question. What kind of extended universe could they develop from the Krypton universe? )Think Arrow-verse but in space).

Off the top of my head there's Lobo (in production), Green Lantern, Hawkman/girl Thangarian, Space Cabbie (Bit of a random choice, but could work like the transporter but in space).

Ahh ok. Well maybe the streaming service can save it.
If they're not going under soon themselves (which feels up in the air at the moment), then this seems like a decent option, lol.

So I have this is hypothetical thought experiment question. What kind of extended universe could they develop from the Krypton universe? )Think Arrow-verse but in space).

Off the top of my head there's Lobo (in production), Green Lantern, Hawkman/girl Thangarian, Space Cabbie (Bit of a random choice, but could work like the transporter but in space).
I just re-read Omega Men this week and couldn't help but think that would at least make for a great cosmic DC mini-series. Though I wouldn't trust SyFy to do it justice. Also, Darkstars, and maybe even Martian Manhunter since I think the Green Martians would have already been wiped out at the point when this series takes place.

Hell, I'd watch a show about Colu, the war against the Computer Tyrants, and the origins of Brainiac and Brainiac II, tbh, but I know that would probably be extra nerdy niche, lol. I would suggest some New Gods-related stuff, but I don't know what the upcoming movie's gonna be covering. A Warworld show could be cool, but I don't know who the heroes would be.

What's the future with Lobo and Brainiac here - can anyone say? The scene between them got cut out of my ... copy, and there wasn't anything at the end of the episode to see either. It very much implied from the source I was watching that Seg removed Brainiac from his head, then Adam took them back to Krypton. I can't imagine we've seen the last of either character (simply because they still both exist in Adam's original future).

I'd certainly support a Lantern Corps film; one that was cosmic and features all the spectrum and the internal politics of the various corps. That would be quite something, though I fear it'll be too costly for the small screen, and evidently they can't get it right for the big screen yet.

What's the future with Lobo and Brainiac here - can anyone say? The scene between them got cut out of my ... copy, and there wasn't anything at the end of the episode to see either. It very much implied from the source I was watching that Seg removed Brainiac from his head, then Adam took them back to Krypton. I can't imagine we've seen the last of either character (simply because they still both exist in Adam's original future).

Not that they would kill off Lobo or Brainiac… but the show seems to be operating under “alternative timeline” rules. Thus, Adam is genuinely concerned for Seg’s safety - even though, in the original timeline, Seg must live to father Jor; and Jor, in turn, must father Kal. Likewise, Zod is worried about Lyta - even though, in the original timeline, her immediate survival was/is assured (she has to live long enough to give birth to Zod). (Unless… Zod is lying about his true parentage. :ninja:) IOW, the characters with knowledge of time travel don’t assume, in-universe, that the new/current timeline must necessarily follow the original. Indeed, Zod apparently believes he can change history; and Adam is actively working to restore history. So “predestination” isn’t a thing.

Lobo killed Brainiac...supposedly. But Brainiac was in his regeneration chamber. (Both these two are good at regenerating body parts.) There's always the chance Brainiac can come back. He probably will, but who knows in what capacity. I would like to see more of his bottle collection...I don't know if Lobo is coming back or headed to his own show. But he could go after Seg and Adam and end up on Krypton.

Last edited:

I'd certainly support a Lantern Corps film; one that was cosmic and features all the spectrum and the internal politics of the various corps. That would be quite something, though I fear it'll be too costly for the small screen, and evidently they can't get it right for the big screen yet.
Yea a Green Lantern movie would be preferred. I think they could still have Green Lantern on the small screen with some creative budget cuts. Flight, energy blasts and force fields are used most of the time and can be done comfortably on tv.

Cameron Cuffe was on a recent Kevin Smith podcast. Was quite fun an insightful to listen too. He confirmed that they intend to go further in to DC cosmic. Thanaga, the Omega men etc. I would post the link, but last time I posted a Kevin Smith podcast I received a warning from the mods.

Cameron Cuffe was on a recent Kevin Smith podcast. Was quite fun an insightful to listen too. He confirmed that they intend to go further in to DC cosmic. Thanaga, the Omega men etc. I would post the link, but last time I posted a Kevin Smith podcast I received a warning from the mods.
Yeah unless Kevin has suddenly learned to control his language, best avoid posting those on here, lol. But I appreciate the heads-up. Did they specifically mention Omega Men? Exciting, if so.

Yeah unless Kevin has suddenly learned to control his language, best avoid posting those on here, lol. But I appreciate the heads-up. Did they specifically mention Omega Men? Exciting, if so.
Yea specifically said Omega men, Thanaga and Rann so we'll get to see the Hawkmen (I guess there setting up Rann–Thanagar War). I'm quite green to the Omega men, so I'll have to do my research, but I think it's great that there exploring DC cosmic characters.

Yea specifically said Omega men, Thanaga and Rann so we'll get to see the Hawkmen (I guess there setting up Rann–Thanagar War). I'm quite green to the Omega men, so I'll have to do my research, but I think it's great that there exploring DC cosmic characters.
Well I only know them through Tom King's 2015 mini-series, but that was brilliant and I highly recommend checking it out.

Pretty good episode this week. Action's ramping up.

Wonder if Lobo will return later in the season based on last night's ending with Seg?

Great episode! The scenes with Lyta, Zod, and Seg were the highlight, but I also really enjoyed Adam's interactions with Kem!

Last edited:
This week's ep was the first interesting one of the season to me. Which makes me want to declare Lobo a dud, as his eps feel like they were just stalling in comparison. Though I'm sure he'll be back before the end of the season.

This week's ep was the first interesting one of the season to me. Which makes me want to declare Lobo a dud, as his eps feel like they were just stalling in comparison. Though I'm sure he'll be back before the end of the season.
Lobo created a very different tone from everything else, so it's good that they've spun him off to his own show, so he can do his own thing. The showrunners seemed to really enjoy creating and writing the character but maybe indulged in him too much. Bringing that enthusiasm to his show would be very good for it though. I don't think it was so much him but the fact that they spent so much time on Colu, with Seg and Adam stuck there, when the real action was the rebellion on Wegthor.

I feel like the Lobo show was probably planned before they even wrote the episodes, so he was just awkwardly shoehorned in there to sell that show rather than serving any worthwhile purpose in this show.

The next episode looks interesting. I like how Seg looks to be getting serious about things. Like the dynamics between the rebels like Val, Jax, Jayna.... The stopoff at Colu did slow things down a bit and some of the momentum was lost regarding the rebellion but maybe it can pick up again. I am just worried how it is only really starting now, four/five episodes in. I wonder about the ratings too.

The episode was a bit slow for most of it and got good towards the end.

There are times I wish there were more characters, that we knew more about other people of Krypton, even more about life in Kandor etc. rather than just focusing on this small group of characters. But the rebellion is getting more interesting and the season preview looked good.

Seg-El and Brainiac are the Harry Dresden and Lash of this series.

Enjoyed the ep. They've really raised the stakes with the death. I hope it sticks and they don't bring her back to life, go back in time etc.

Sadly though it does bring back the discussion of females being fridged, and a woman of color no less. Anyway I'm fine with it (I'm black, not that it matters) we still have Jayna, who's a more interesting character imo, but blerd twitter is going to have a field day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"