Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

Well, there goes the best Superman family live action series ever.

Hopefully DC Universe saves it.

I liked Krypton for what it was, and was looking forward to Season 3. so this kind of sucks.

however, it should send a message that maybe the audience just isn't into all these "prequel" series that are generation(s) removed from the main, iconic characters. They want to see the main characters, not their dads, granddads, or great granddads.

I would much prefer to have an actual Superman show that featured Superman himself. I mean, it was cool seeing Zod, Brainiac, Doomsday, Lobo, and Darkseid hinted at. But it would have been even better if it had been Superman facing them, instead of Seg-El.

Can't say I'm surprised. Very little support from fandom. There wasn't a single after show online. Very little social media reaction from fans.

I've seen a bigger buzz for Pennyworth than Krypton, and I have no idea why. :/
I am a big Superman fan. Favorite hero. But from the moment I saw footage from this show, I had no interest. Seeing the season 2 ads just made it worse. I honestly don't know who this show was suppose to be for.

Well its not surprising considering the ratings have been awful and there's barely been any buzz about the show online which suggests it doesn't have a huge cult following like Arrow, The Flash or even Gotham. Even though I liked Kyrpton for what it was, I would rather watch a Superman show as we know that Krypton is going to blow up anyway.

The best thing about show is the designs of Brainiac, Lobo and Doomisday as they look amazing, Zod is a intriguing character in this show but what lets it down is that Superman is not facing these villains which is what fans of the Superman mythology want to see onscreen. I just WB/DC give prequel shows a break.

Last edited:
I was dreading this but Krypton felt doomed in Season 2. S2 just dragged out this Zod storyline. To save other aspects and storylines for later was dangerous when it is all about what the ratings are now.

It would be nice if Krypton continued elsewhere, but they've got to change their approach.

Unless it ends on this note, with Brainiac and Jor-El as new father and son, sailing through space on new adventures. Together.

I have hope DC Universe or HBO Max will pick it up, but it has been let down before.

This show is significantly better than Supergirl. And I still watch every episode of the latter.
Nah, the writing for both is far from stellar, but Supergirl has better characters and cast chemistry, imo. This one just had more money.

I have hope DC Universe or HBO Max will pick it up, but it has been let down before.
CW should do some crossover event which brings some of "Krypton" characters into "Supergirl" show using some space-time travel portal, which would effectively make "Krypton" as a prequel to "Supergirl".

CW should do some crossover event which brings some of "Krypton" characters into "Supergirl" show using some space-time travel portal, which would effectively make "Krypton" as a prequel to "Supergirl".
Krypton didn't even seem interested in acknowledging Kara's existence, so they can keep that.

RIP.

I would have liked to see the show continue. Season 2 was a let down, but I think there was potential for the show to improve.

First Swamp Thing, now Krypton. I swear if they even think about cancelling Titans...

The guys behind these DC shows seemingly can't catch a break. Granted, this show wasn't perfect, but I thought it was entertaining enough, and Season 3 was set up to have a lot of potential, and now we're not going to see any of that.

:(

Tbh Krypton struggled with ratings and the show was expensive to make so it makes sense that Syfy would cancel it. However the cancellation of Swamp Thing was a strange decision.

Only a matter of time. Syfy stays cancelling all their good shows

I am a big Superman fan. Favorite hero. But from the moment I saw footage from this show, I had no interest. Seeing the season 2 ads just made it worse. I honestly don't know who this show was suppose to be for.
I thought the same thing until I actually watched the show. First season was an absolute joy. 2nd season had a alot of road bumps, but still showed potential.

I'd at recommend watching the first few eps of season 1. If your not into it then fair enough.

I didn’t really fancy the inclusion of Zod into this series. It felt forced and clumsy - especially as a time-traveling future son of Seg. :huh: In my view, one of the (few?) advantages of setting the story a generation before Jor-El is that the writers had more freedom to create their own, standalone stories - so no need to conform to a particular narrative or rush towards Kal-El’s birth and Krypton’s destruction.

Now, if it was thought that Zod was a really important and interesting character, then there’s an easy solution: set the series a generation later with Jor-El as the protagonist and where Zod is - as per canon - his contemporary. No need to futz around with goofy time-travel.

Not surprised. Syfy cancels nearly everything after 2-3 seasons which is why I canceled the network.

Tbh Krypton struggled with ratings and the show was expensive to make so it makes sense that Syfy would cancel it. However the cancellation of Swamp Thing was a strange decision.

Swamp Thing suffered due to $$$ not coming through from the state it was shot in.

I didn’t really fancy the inclusion of Zod into this series. It felt forced and clumsy - especially as a time-traveling future son of Seg. :huh: In my view, one of the (few?) advantages of setting the story a generation before Jor-El is that the writers had more freedom to create their own, standalone stories - so no need to conform to a particular narrative or rush towards Kal-El’s birth and Krypton’s destruction.

Now, if it was thought that Zod was a really important and interesting character, then there’s an easy solution: set the series a generation later with Jor-El as the protagonist and where Zod is - as per canon - his contemporary. No need to futz around with goofy time-travel.

Exactly.

I was dreading this but Krypton felt doomed in Season 2. S2 just dragged out this Zod storyline. To save other aspects and storylines for later was dangerous when it is all about what the ratings are now.

It would be nice if Krypton continued elsewhere, but they've got to change their approach.

Unless it ends on this note, with Brainiac and Jor-El as new father and son, sailing through space on new adventures. Together.

Yep Fully agree there. They underused Lobo and Doomsday. This season should have been sold as Lobe vs Doomsday.

The rebels hire Lobo to assassinate Zod, and Zod responds with activating Doomsday.

Not surprised. Syfy cancels nearly everything after 2-3 seasons which is why I canceled the network.

Swamp Thing suffered due to $$$ not coming through from the state it was shot in.

Last I heard, NC explicitly and publicly denied that. They gave Swamp Thing exactly as much money as they ever promised, and as much as their relevant laws said they would. And WB has done nothing to put lie to this.

Last I heard, NC explicitly and publicly denied that. They gave Swamp Thing exactly as much money as they ever promised, and as much as their relevant laws said they would. And WB has done nothing to put lie to this.
I read that too. That it wasn't so much about that but about some executives not happy with the direction the show was going in. They used the tax thing as an excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"