Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

If Lyta died before raising Zod, shouldn’t his personality change immediately as soon as her throat was cut? Does this show follow Back to the Future time travel rules?

If Lyta died before raising Zod, shouldn’t his personality change immediately as soon as her throat was cut? Does this show follow Back to the Future time travel rules?

There was a revelation in this week's episode:

The Lyta who was killed was actually a clone. Zod felt he couldn't control the real Lyta, so had her put in a dream state using the parasite plant "Black Mercy" and hidden away. Then creating her clone (who we saw this season.) The real Lyta was able to break free from the Black Mercy and found her mother, Seg and the rebels again.

Zod's blood was able to unlock Doomsday's lock that required El and Zod blood, so I think it is safe to say that he isn't lying.
oh I believe he's a zod . but he's not a El . that device just needs ether or not some that was born with both in his or her system. I'm sure we'll findout he's not seg's kid. and you 'll see still that result of clone too.

but this was a interesting twist . I saw the Epsiode yesterday after I came back from work via on demand from the space channel .

Anyway with how thing's are headed now I'm sure Lyta won't allow Dru to turn like that. I'm sure if she even has kid & if it's with seg? they won't name him that to avoid what he's become's. since she's so resistant to him now with his action to them. he's messed his own existence regardless.

He's likly gonna use clone to ensure his own existence. un less she's weirdly corrupted some how.

and the only that likly to be corrupted my be Nyssa with way seg is flip flopping between two women. of sort's.

Last edited:
He's likly gonna use clone to ensure his own existence. un less she's weirdly corrupted some how.
I think you're spot on the money there, unless he somehow devises a way to stop himself from ageing, or, save being defeated, returns to the future (or is otherwise, again, trapped in the phantom zone). He's an anomaly at this point though, cause if Lyta and Seg don't have a child, then how was he ever born in the first place, and if he wasn't, he shouldn't exist (like the cape of Superman, from S1, which went out of existence).

Seems kinda dumb to hear them talking about how unstoppable Doomsday is when they just showed us a weapon that stopped him with two shots, imo.

If they stop Zod this season, I wonder who they will fight next season. Hopefully someone other than Brainiac

Zod's blood was able to unlock Doomsday's lock that required El and Zod blood, so I think it is safe to say that he isn't lying.
He used a biotech trick to tell that big lie about Lyta, so I could see him using biotech to fool a thousand-cycle-old security system. (Even losing a fight with Superman and flying away in apparent defeat would probably give Zod a chance to collect some El blood.)

If they stop Zod this season, I wonder who they will fight next season. Hopefully someone other than Brainiac
The nascent Kryptonian space navy depended on stellarium from Wegthor, so this would be a good opportunity for Thanagar to stomp a potential rival before that rival can recover.

I'm still enjoying S2 a lot but I prefer S1, especially the second half.
I think a problem this season is that they are really stretching out one long story, which began in S1.

Krypton is a world with many stories, yet we are seeing just one main one being played out for all it is worth. I am having a hard time maintaining interest. At times I wish this show was actually more episodic, so that it tells more self-contained stories (in one episode, or two or three-parters) with more of a variety of characters.

The showrunners talked about all these other aliens, worlds and stories we would see but we are still seeing mainly Zod. We are seeing less of Adam Strange this season too.

I think a problem this season is that they are really stretching out one long story, which began in S1.

Krypton is a world with many stories, yet we are seeing just one main one being played out for all it is worth. I am having a hard time maintaining interest. At times I wish this show was actually more episodic, so that it tells more self-contained stories (in one episode, or two or three-parters) with more of a variety of characters.

The showrunners talked about all these other aliens, worlds and stories we would see but we are still seeing mainly Zod. We are seeing less of Adam Strange this season too.
Yea I hate to admit it but you nailed my thought too. I don't think they used Doomsday or Lobo well at all. They could have been sprinkled into this season to break up the redundancy of Zod speeches.

I was really hoping to see Lobo vs Doomsday at some point.

Both Doomsday and Lobo are more these side stories to Zod. I thought Doomsday would go on more of a rampage, not controlled by Zod. It has become the Zod show.

I hate to say that I didn't even watch all of the latest episode and finding the show hard to sit through. I wanted to be totally invested in this show and support it. It is one of the few Superman shows, especially looking at his home world. But I have not been engaged with the last few episodes. I will try to finish the final two episodes of this season...but I haven't been hyped or enjoying lately.

I hate to say that I didn't even watch all of the latest episode and finding the show hard to sit through. I wanted to be totally invested in this show and support it. It is one of the few Superman shows, especially looking at his home world. But I have not been engaged with the last few episodes. I will try to finish the final two episodes of this season...but I haven't been hyped or enjoying lately.
Right there with ya.

Kryptonian history in the canon mythology is rife with great story potential, yet they seem to have little interest in exploring that, in favor of bringing present day villain Zod back in time to tell a truly basic Zod-is-a-tyrant story instead, for some reason. It's honestly a bit baffling to me that they went this way.

They had the one true Brainiac right there, and what did they do with him? Had him play Seg's imaginary friend for half the season then run off with Jor-El. :wall:

Last edited:
If there is a season 3, I’m guessing it will be a search for Jor-El thing? Doubt they will wrap that up along with Zod in the finale.

Right there with ya.

Kryptonian history in the canon mythology is rife with great story potential, yet they seem to have little interest in exploring that, in favor of bringing present day villain Zod back in time to tell a truly basic Zod-is-a-tyrant story instead, for some reason. It's honestly a bit baffling to me that they went this way.

They had the one true Brainiac right there, and what did they do with him? Had him play Seg's imaginary friend for half the season then run off with Jor-El. :wall:
Yea the first season seemed to touch on some juicy lore. I liked the stuff about the different Krytonian families, the Kryptonian breeding process etc.

One of my favourite episodes last season was focused on Jayna's back story. Good insight into the Zod way of life. This seasons current fave was Doomsday's origin episode. Fleshed some of Kryptons history.

I'm hopeful for a 3rd season as I feel they plan on exploring more of the DC cosmic and Krypton specific stories.

Both Doomsday and Lobo are more these side stories to Zod. I thought Doomsday would go on more of a rampage, not controlled by Zod. It has become the Zod show.

Yea last few eps I just had on in the background. They really effed up under using Doomsday and Lobo.

Imagine if they built up this season to have and epic clash between Doomsday and Lobo? Rebels hire Lobo to fight Zods new Doomsday weapon.

Thanagarians and the Omega symbol? Nyssa's in for a rude awakening when she realizes where she really is...

If there is a season 3, I’m guessing it will be a search for Jor-El thing? Doubt they will wrap that up along with Zod in the finale.

You're right.In the finale Seg teams up with Lobo in search of Brainiac and Jor-El.

Sheesh, Lobo didn't really contribute that much to this season. Despite a underwhelming season,

I look forward to what looks like Rann-Thanagar war next season.
51NJN83RAHL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What other aspects of Kryptonian canon do you find more compelling in terms of potential? Isn't possible they just want to leave some things to explore in future seasons?

I think the reason the Zod story isn't basic or stale is that while, yes, he has been depicted as tyrannical in the past with authoritarian aims, he rarely is allowed to put those plans into action to this extent and on his home planet while exploring his dynamics with his own family — those elements are far from your run of the mill Zod story. Plus, Zod is a tyrant. Any story that features him should write him in character, and seeing him embody that is just as appealing as it is to see characters like Superman or Lex Luthor in all their familiar glory in various narratives.

This season has dealt with the theme of fantasy vs. reality and emotion vs. logic. At various points, characters have had to navigate those dichotomies in order to survive as they are or transform into something different, which can either be better or worse than what was before.

They already did Brainiac's main arc last season. You can't expect them to use him to the same extent every season he appears. And it wasn't just as an imaginary friend. Brainiac's presence in Seg's mind not only mirrors various canon examples of Brainiac taking over people's minds (e.g. Lex in comics and the DCAU or Chloe on Smallville), but it also explored the idea of emotion versus logic and the balance that is best to exist between the two. I'm not sure what's wrong with taking Jor-El, especially since that story has yet to fully enfold.

Sheesh, Lobo didn't really contribute that much to this season. Despite a underwhelming season

I'm glad. Lobo, to me, is one of the worst characters ever created, and I was in dread of his presence ever since he was announced. He's an outdated and unappealing waste of time, as far as I'm concerned.

I think you're spot on the money there, unless he somehow devises a way to stop himself from ageing, or, save being defeated, returns to the future (or is otherwise, again, trapped in the phantom zone). He's an anomaly at this point though, cause if Lyta and Seg don't have a child, then how was he ever born in the first place, and if he wasn't, he shouldn't exist (like the cape of Superman, from S1, which went out of existence).
ugh I had been also getting the sneaking suspicion ever since Jane na re found dev that he writer were weirdly gonna make them a couple damn that guy really want's into the zod female bed side & family. it's possible he's really Dru zod's father. & it won't surprise me.

What other aspects of Kryptonian canon do you find more compelling in terms of potential? Isn't possible they just want to leave some things to explore in future seasons?
They've set the show AFTER most of the interesting stuff in Krypton's history, so that's unlikely. The Clone Wars and the formation of Black Zero, creation of the Eradicator, creation of the Destroyer, Nightwing/Flamebird reborn, the proper Doomsday origin, the end of procreation and the banning of intergalactic travel and all the political strife that surrounded that, - all of these could have provided great themes to explore and would have been far more interesting than this basic, bland Zod story they've given us, imo. Because the thing is - we always get Zod in present day stories. The cool potential about a Krypton prequel is finally getting to see some OTHER part of Kryptonian heritage for a change. But instead they just brought Zod back in time to focus on him yet again. But even if the setting worked and they could still do all that other stuff later, saving the interesting stuff for later seasons is hardly a wise strategy for any TV show that plans to survive. You're supposed to hold people's interest throughout. They're failing to do that for me, and based on other reactions here in this thread, it looks like I'm not alone.

I think the reason the Zod story isn't basic or stale is that while, yes, he has been depicted as tyrannical in the past with authoritarian aims, he rarely is allowed to put those plans into action to this extent and on his home planet while exploring his dynamics with his own family — those elements are far from your run of the mill Zod story. Plus, Zod is a tyrant. Any story that features him should write him in character, and seeing him embody that is just as appealing as it is to see characters like Superman or Lex Luthor in all their familiar glory in various narratives.
I'd argue that the reason he's never been allowed to put his plans into action is because there's nothing particularly interesting about them. This is as generic a tyrant story on a generic sci-fi landscape as they come. It's boring as hell, imo. This version of Zod has less nuance than even the one from the "New Krypton" arc from the comics. At least in that version, though you disagreed with him, you could see why so many Kryptonians looked up to him and thought him a good guy and a hero. This version might as well be wearing a neon sign that says "I AM A TYRANT, FEED MY EGO!" Should've just given him a proper mustache to twirl to complete the look.

I'm glad. Lobo, to me, is one of the worst characters ever created, and I was in dread of his presence ever since he was announced. He's an outdated and unappealing waste of time, as far as I'm concerned.
Agreed, which is why it sucks how they shoehorned him in and wasted significant screentime on him this season.

Also, if that was Brainiac's "main storyline" last season, then hoo boy was it disappointing. It was all the build-up minus the big finish. If they weren't planning on having him take Kandor, the one big atrocity in Krypton's history that he's famous for...then they shouldn't have bothered, imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"