L. Ron Hubbard banners... hmmmm

The Lizard

Didn't eat Billy
Reaction score
Seems like there's an increase in the frequency of some L.Ron Hubbard related banners around here....

missionearth2wd.jpg

writersfuture2my.jpg

Admittedly these are sci-fi related, and we are a bunch of SF/fantasy nerds around here. But keep your eyes open people, this could be another covert Scientology operation!

I thought he gave up writing. He makes more money with Scientology.

Immortalfire said:
I thought he gave up writing. He makes more money with Scientology.

Well he's not writing anything now, since he died in 1986.

Hmm, guess I missed the first "he died" memo.

Immortalfire said:
Hmm, guess I missed the first "he died" memo.

The Church of Scientology says that Ron puposefully "dropped the body" in 1986 because he had done all the research he could do on this planet and needed to move on. They think he's going to be reincarnated, so they keep an office in each Scientology Org building devoted to LRH, with various nautical decorations, books, and supposedly a pack of Kool cigarettes in the desk drawer since Ron loved his ciggies.

Ugh, i have no respect for anybody who believes in scientology.

Hadn't noticed the banners.....

Darthphere said:
Mirko is in the church.....shhhhh!

If that were the case, I think half of us would have been banned by now for being "suppressive persons". :D

I guess The Church of Scientology thinks any publicity is good publicity.

The Lizard said:
The Church of Scientology says that Ron puposefully "dropped the body" in 1986 because he had done all the research he could do on this planet and needed to move on. They think he's going to be reincarnated, so they keep an office in each Scientology Org building devoted to LRH, with various nautical decorations, books, and supposedly a pack of Kool cigarettes in the desk drawer since Ron loved his ciggies.

I love the Scientologists logic. If he'd done all the research he could possibly do on this planet already why in the hell would he want to be reincarnated BACK to this planet? LOL! :D

jag

I just love it how a fictional writer can create a religion that people actually follow.

chaseter said:
I just love it how a fictional writer can create a religion that people actually follow.

But....L. Ron Hubbard was a real guy? :confused:

jag

jaguarr said:
But....L. Ron Hubbard was a real guy? :confused:

jag
Jesus was real. I should create my own religion and see how many geniuses I can get to follow me.

Mr Sparkle said:
He means a writer, a writer of fiction.

Colin Meloy.

The he should have just said that! :confused:

jag

Some lyrics from the band Tool come to mind...

I heard MI3 will have subliminal scientology messages through out the movie.

Beware!!

FooYu said:
Some lyrics from the band Tool come to mind...

hmmm, I think given a choice between battlefield earth and tool I'd rather watch battlefield earth because at least it makes laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"