Lady Sif Casting Thread (Jaimie Alexander)

I think he'd still fare much better than them, but he would fare much worse than he did with Mjolnir.

The reason I say that is because Thor relies on his strength and power a lot rather than his skill, he's always been more the brawler. Sif is more skilled of a combatant imo, she's had to be to hang. I do think Thor is ahead of them without Mjolnir, but not by that much.

I can agree with that. Even though Thor possesses the skill and expertise of a warrior I see him as more of the brawl fighter that just likes to overpower his opponents more times than not....simply because "why bother there no match for the power of Thor!"

I don't really think that's a valid argument, to be honest. Strength and power are perfectly acceptable parts of a fighting style, especially older styles where people fought with big, heavy weapons. I don't really consider it "better" to take someone down with an elaborate throw that shifts their weight around when Thor could just tackle them. Dude's down either way--mission accomplished. Even without Mjolnir, Thor's still at least twice as strong as any other Asgardian. I think he'd still do pretty well, provided he didn't have to fly anywhere.

He's only a third stronger than Heimdall. You might argue the comic version is weaker than my assesment but the movie version definately is around 70 tons or so. :D

:thor: :thor: :thor:

It kinda struck me as odd seeing Sif taking cover behind a car since, as an Asgardian, she's more durable than the car is.

I don't really think that's a valid argument, to be honest. Strength and power are perfectly acceptable parts of a fighting style, especially older styles where people fought with big, heavy weapons. I don't really consider it "better" to take someone down with an elaborate throw that shifts their weight around when Thor could just tackle them. Dude's down either way--mission accomplished. Even without Mjolnir, Thor's still at least twice as strong as any other Asgardian. I think he'd still do pretty well, provided he didn't have to fly anywhere.

While thats true, I did say that Thor is still superior in a fight. I just said its not by nearly as much. The other Asgardians can hang with him at least if he doesn't have Mjolnir. With it they really can't.

Its also why I used the word "Skill" to differentiate.

Isn't Thor a class 100 brick even without Mjolnir? No Asgardians, apart from obviously Odin, are anywhere near that level. Aren't Heimdall and Valkryie the closest to Thor in terms of raw strength? Around the class 50 mark?

Isn't Thor a class 100 brick even without Mjolnir? No Asgardians, apart from obviously Odin, are anywhere near that level. Aren't Heimdall and Valkryie the closest to Thor in terms of raw strength? Around the class 50 mark?

He is in the Comics but its not clear in the MMU yet. He's obviously really strong but i've yet to see evidence of THAT kind of strength.

Most of my knowledge of strength numbers stems from the old Marvel RPG. So take it with a grain of salt.

Valkyrie was a 50 tonner and Heimdall was closer to 70 tons. Val is close to Rogue while Heimdall is closer to the Thing and Collossus.

:thing: :thing: :thing:

In practice, Heimdall, Volstagg, and Odin have been portrayed closest to Thor in raw strength. Valkyrie is by far the strongest female Asgardian, but I don't recall seeing her do much to compete with Thor in that respect (although I haven't read nearly as much Valkyrie stuff as I have Thor stuff). The rest of them are all around average, although obviously Sif, Hogun, Fandral, and Balder distinguish themselves by being among the more skilled warriors.

If Thor put down his hammer and picked up a sword, like he used in his youth, I suspect that Brunnehilde, Sif, Fandral, and Heimdall could school his ass. In that order.

Probably. Although, if Sif, Brunnhilde, Fandral, and Heimdall put down their swords and fought Thor with hammers, I bet Thor could school any of them with a regular hammer in place of Mjolnir. Thor's not just some brute with a hammer, he's quite skilled in the arts of using it effectively.

Yeah, but he's still gimped by the design and the weapon itself. I seem to remember Loki cursing it so that THAT is the reason it has a short handle? Anywho, the sword is by far a better weapon. At least compared to his dwarf hammer design.

Yea... i imagine using a hammer in battle effectively is quite difficult. More difficult to master than a sword.

Yeah, but he's still gimped by the design and the weapon itself. I seem to remember Loki cursing it so that THAT is the reason it has a short handle? Anywho, the sword is by far a better weapon. At least compared to his dwarf hammer design.

Loki didn't curse Mjolnir, he turned into a fly and buzzed around the head of the dwarf who was forging it so that he screwed up with the bellows a little bit, resulting in the shorter handle. It's a flaw, not a curse.

The merits of swords vs. hammers is debatable. Either way, the point I was making is that each of the Asgardians has a preferred weapon, so if you deny them their preferred weapon and force them to fight with someone else's preferred weapon, the latter person is probably going to win. Doesn't really matter what the respective weapons are, it's the principle--people fight best with the weapons they've trained and had the most experience with.

Although Sif is totally rocking a poleaxe in The Mighty Thor right now. :oldrazz:

That's Hilde's secondary weapon!!! That *****!!!

ValFinis.jpg

Bulls***, Brunnhilde's secondary weapon is a spear in like 99% of the drawings ever drawn of her and you know it. You're just feeling threatened 'cause someone didn't make it into the movie. :oldrazz:

ew what'd I walk into here........

Okay wow. I didn't realize she had a thread and I was the last one to post in it. so...up! :up:

Cool. Who's the dude in the pic?

Gosh, she's so pretty:hrt:

I hope she gets a bigger role in the sequel than what she had in Thor.

She's coming back here to film 'The Last Stand'. Maybe I'll run into her at Whole Foods again. Maybe this time I'll say something to her. :hrt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"