Iron Man World LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

I'm willing to give this show a chance.

But my main problems are:

-The animation. Normally when its just the human characters doing things its remarkably dull.

-Pepper Potts. One scene in the first episode and I hate her character and personality. Airheaded, fast-talking, hyperactive chipmunk ditz.

-Teenage Tony. I didn't go out trying to hate this concept. I had an open mind about it. But so far, I'm not digging it. It just doesn't feel like Tony Stark you know? I mean watch the 1990's show and despite all the flaws there's lots of Tony Stark being Tony Stark you know? I watched a couple episodes recently and there's dialogue that's almost exactly like things Robert Downey Jr. said in the movie.

The series broke all of Nicktoons old records for ratings, seeing a +43% increase for the 7-9 pm Friday slot, which is where the series debuted as well as nicktoonsnetwork.com earned a 239,000 visitors last week vs. last year an increase or +389%.
Don't know if those numbers will hold, but there seems to be alot of interest in the series.

Last edited:
I'm happy if the show is a success because I think more Marvel animation on TV is a good thing. And I think it might make NickToons expand as well as making NickToons/Nickelodeon a new home of sorts for Marvel animation. Besides X-men, maybe we can also get Avengers on NickToons as well. Also the Thor series depending how that goes off.

The series broke all of Nicktoons old records for ratings, seeing a +43% increase for the 7-9 pm Friday slot, which is where the series debuted as well as nicktoonsnetwork.com earned a 239,000 visitors last week vs. last year an increase or +389%.
Don't know if those numbers will hold, but there seems to be alot of interest in the series.

Ugh, that sucks.

Hopefully the numbers don't hold.

This lame ass show needs to get canned faster than Fantastic Four: WGH.

I'm happy if the show is a success because I think more Marvel animation on TV is a good thing. And I think it might make NickToons expand as well as making NickToons/Nickelodeon a new home of sorts for Marvel animation. Besides X-men, maybe we can also get Avengers on NickToons as well. Also the Thor series depending how that goes off.

And we may also hope that they continue with Spectacular Spider-Man show if DisneyXD doesn't plan to.

Good point. I wonder if DisneyXD is going to show the 3rd season.

They'd better.

Feels like Iron Man if the Mark 3 suit was built by Johnny Johnny....
Seriously, the writing seems decent... why not have adult characters??

Children like pretending that they are all grown up!

Well I imagine they wanted something that would play to the younger crowd like Next Avengers. I mean, Next Avengers I thought was pretty good and a fun take for kids on the Marvel Universe.

They used them as adults in the Iron Man animated movie, so I guess they wanted to do something new and different.

My thing is that I just don't feel Tony is Tony as a 16 year old.

I've had the chance to sit down and watch all the episodes air so far and to be honest, it's not bad, the animation not great, but the story telling is good and it's great to see so many classic Iron Man villains.

Much as I may understand the reasoning behind making Tony younger, without his alcoholic, womanizing, gambling ways you just strip the character out of his personality. He becomes a rich Peter Parker, and I can´t think of something more boring.

I quite like the theme song. Rooney kicks ass.

Much as I may understand the reasoning behind making Tony younger, without his alcoholic, womanizing, gambling ways you just strip the character out of his personality. He becomes a rich Peter Parker, and I can´t think of something more boring.

I agree. this show sucks.

This show should be retitled IINO.

So how come Blizzard looked exactly like ROM Spaceknight in today's episode?:huh:

Is there anywhere i can watch this online from the UK? Thanks

You should be able to go to www.nicktoonsnetwork.com and watch all the episodes there, both Iron Man: Armored adventures and Wolverine and the X-Men.
Like I've said, the series is actually very good, while yes, it's not Iron Man as we know it, it is aimed at kids and it is doing extremly well in the ratings, so it looks to be around for awhile, Nick just ordered 26 more episodes of Wolverine and Iron Man has better ratings.

You don't need online in the UK, just take a huge dump in your toilet, stare at your sh** for 30 minutes before flushing, and there you go, IINO Armored Adventures.

I like how they are revamping the villains in this show. They actually made the Mandarin a legit badass, and not some idiot with a skin disorder, like in the 90's series. Blizzard was also given a cool armor and a revenge theme, and not the Mandarin's worthless lackey and Crimson Dynamo was now rewritted as a sympathetic villain (I'll forgive the lack of crimson in his armor), instead of an actually cool villain who got killed off fast.

As lame as Teen Tony is, at least this series is doing a great job with the villains. And the theme song is nice too.

All of you fanboys need to stop complaining. The show is not meant for you guys. It's meant for children and teens. Marvel is trying to expand their fan base. Marvel makes the comics for the fanboys and the movies and cartoons for non readers. I think Marvel is smart. They know that they can't depend on their normal fans to take them into the future. They know that they need to attract children and teens to their titles. After watching the show my 11 year old sister WHO DOESN'T READ COMICS wanted to pick up an Iron Man comic. I took her to pick up the recent issue of Invincible Iron Man. She said it wasn't like the show. But still good. So Iron Man Armor Adventures is working just how Marvel planned.

Yeah I'm still gonna continue watching. It's different and I do like the way the villains are being handled too. Gonna have to rewatch the Crimson Dynamo episode as I fell asleep during it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"