• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Last Video Game You Played 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gears of War has a parachute? Full view of the character? Bow and Arrows? Forest? Ship and crew of Archaeologists and company?

No, but those combat scenarios do play out much like a Gears game. :csad:

Neverwinter - lot of fun and very accessible. Looks like I like MMOs after all!

It's a bit complicated. I played both betas of the game extensively. I had a great time with it for the most part. However, the more I played, the more I began to worry about the game. I was really hoping that Bungie was just showing us a bare bones slice of the game and that there was more to Destiny than what was being presented. Especially after Bungie's lofty promises that this was going to "stand shoulder to shoulder with Star Wars" and the like.

It was at the end of the second beta when they opened up the moon for one mission when my worry turned to fear as I realized that there really wasn't "more" to the game. What I played is precisely what the game was. And then of course later the reviews started coming out and confirmed this and more. I didn't (and still don't) know which possibility was more disappointing, that Bungie royally ****ed up their grand new vision, or that the game they shipped came out exactly as they intended.

Fast forward several months.

The previous expansion, as well as the upcoming one, if nothing else look pretty cool. It was the E3 trailer for The Taken King that got me thinking about Destiny again. Which reminded me that I actually had quite a bit of fun with the betas. Which made me remember that the gameplay is actually very good. And the art is absolutely stunning. And hey, loot is fun. Right?

So now, after months have passed, and the price has gone down, and my disappointment has subsided, I'm going to give Destiny a second chance. This time however I'm going in eyes wide open and accepting the game on its own terms for what it is, rather than being disappointed by what it could have or indeed should have been.

No, I'm not playing the sprawling space opera FPSMMO epic that I dreamed of, but I am running around looking at pretty art, shooting satisfying guns, and getting cool loot. And you know what? I'm kind of having fun.
I've always enjoyed playing the game although it doesn't incentivise people to stay together enough. Playing with randoms has been a waste of time for me although it's still fun solo and really good with friends. The whole thing is a massive disappointment however in relation to the world leading gaming dynasty I was expecting the way Bungie built it up and I can't believe they didn't think a campaign was important to the lore of the game. But that doesn't mean it's not fun, just a massive missed opportunity to create the big next gen franchise where people would be fully invested for the whole generation and beyond and reception would be positive across the board.

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
I love to return to this game after having trouble with another Castlevania game.
Controlling Soma is more fun than controlling Julius.

Batman Arkham Knight
Grand Theft Auto V

Fallout New Vegas, trying to get all the trophies.

Just Cause 2
It's really fun to pull baby Pane's statue head with a helicopter, and fly around town with it, sometimes dip it in water.
And it's fun to let soldiers hang to a fast flying plane.

To celebrate the 4th of July:

Shadow Complex
Metal Slug 3
Saints Row 4

I had been replaying Kingdoms of Amalur for nostalgia, but...just yesterday....after 84 hours of playing, and being at lvl 39 out of 40, I encountered a game breaking glitch that prevents me from progressing with the main story. So yeah, that sucked.

Mortal Kombat X
Halo 4
Batman Arkham Knifht

I'm stuck in a Destiny hole and I can't get out.

please send help

I've noticed a lot of people on my friend list is playing that game all of a sudden.

It might have something to do with Bungie giving away stuff soon, but you have to be a certain level to qualify.

Still playing Arkham Knight. Before that....Rayman Legends. Don't judge me, the only way the old lady is content with my late night gaming is to be included. Nevertheless, she's also beaten God of War I-III and spent a helluva lot of time on Skyrim, so she's official enough ;)

Rayman Legends is great. Why do you think you would be judged for playing a great game?

Lol it was more of a joke, her son loves to tease me about it. But no, Rayman isn't half bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"