Homecoming Laura Harrier IS Liz Allan

Quick question!
Is her name listed as Liz Allan?
Wouldn't her name actually be Liz Toomes? Is this somewhere specified?

I see what you did there. I don't think they were going to make it obvious.

Laura's delivery at times was very wooden and almost seemed to lack chemistry with Holland. :(

It seemed at least somewhat intentional that she and Peter didn't have a lot of chemistry. She's very much the "dream girl" that we're seeing through Peter's eyes, but she's not the one he's actually compatible with, but rather the friend he already has. It's a pretty common trope in high school movies.

I bought it when she tossed Peter the candy bar and tried to convince him to join the swim party. At that point, I was all in on her character.

I thought whoever the actress was that portrayed Liz did a fantastic job.

I bought it when she tossed Peter the candy bar and tried to convince him to join the swim party. At that point, I was all in on her character.

Yea I really liked that scene and the house/car scene

The corsage bit got a huge laugh too

She seems like the typical high school chick that's a sweet girl but also is still kind of girly and shallow to an extent.

Yea I really liked that scene and the house/car scene

The corsage bit got a huge laugh too

The corsage joke was a definite winner. It created a quick laugh without breaking the tension of the scene...if anything, it ratcheted it up. Peter knew and you were just waiting for him to make the mistake that let Toomes know what was up.

I thought she was too old when they cast her and seeing her onscreen, yeah she still came across too old

I thought she was too old when they cast her and seeing her onscreen, yeah she still came across too old

I think she was supposed to look older. Liz is a senior compared to Peter and the rest of the gang who are all mostly sophomores.

I think she was supposed to look older. Liz is a senior compared to Peter and the rest of the gang who are all mostly sophomores.
obviously she is older than in the film but she was too old for the role IMO. She looks like she’s in her 20s which she is. Sticking her in HS with characters that were younger than her only highlighted that

obviously she is older than in the film but she was too old for the role IMO. She looks like she’s in her 20s which she is. Sticking her in HS with characters that were younger than her only highlighted that

Yeah, her age never really felt like an issue to me. Most of the cast are in their twenties also. It seemed appropriate that she was older looking since as a senior she's supposed to have at least a year or two on most of the HS cast. It was never jarring as in, she looks way too old for HS, like a 90210 situation.

She was just a throwaway love interest, never to be seen again. Peter will easily move on to the next love interest and forget this one.

I hope this actress and character disappear never to return; A total non entity and boring character. It would have been better to have Peter not have a love interest.

I hope this actress and character disappear never to return; A total non entity and boring character. It would have been better to have Peter not have a love interest.

I absolutely agree! Besides, she has ZERO chemistry with Peter! I'm still baffled about the success of Homecoming, really.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"