Sequels Laura

I'd kind of like to see Donald Pierce come back. I mean he was a cool villain, but underused. And while he's probably meant to be dead, we technically never actually SEE him die onscreen.

So him coming back, with more cybernetics and more psychotic revenge obsessed, could be cool I think.

Might as well extend this into the all purpose Laura X-23 fan thread...

DNChXtUVQAA_Y-w.jpg:large

DNG584fWAAUNvjT.jpg

DM7YCO4X4AM3kOk.jpg:large

DMNsdbSWkAAPqpy.jpg

103769.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
thing as i saw pointed out on twitter is angold might not be directing this onlyw riting with kyle and producing.

I initially didn't care for a sequel, but I think you could do a pretty cool kids adventure drama. "Stand by me" meets "Goonies."

They don't have to jump into full on action superhero hi-jinks.

I think Mandigold should maintain the character study/drama tone and avoid action adventure. The genre is already full of the same type of movie.

He won't be able to that style better than Deadpool so why compete? Offer an alternative. It's counter programming within your own studio. Perfect.

x_23__laura_kinney_by_juanmawl-db2g0k7.jpg

x_23__all_you_need_is_love__by_donpapi-d51u1ka.jpg

laura_web_by_danielmurrayart-dc1cbvq.jpg

b924b0a27bc6a7478eec0e6327f1b00e-db2ldy0.jpg

LOL brutal...
wolverine_and_x23__laura_kinney____forest_fight_by_james2work-db2pztz.png

logan_and_laura__option_2_0__by_magarnadge-db0weoa.jpg

logan_and_laura__x23__by_marxl-dbahsqq.jpg

tumblr_oq2dyoihvm1vj3s8xo1_1280.jpg

actors-dafne-keen-and-hugh-jackman-winners-of-the-best-duo-award-for-picture-id680133260

103797.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently Dafne Keen may be cast in BBC’s adaption of Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy - https://www.cbr.com/dafne-keen-his-dark-materials-lyra/

http://deadline.com/2018/03/the-kin...for-his-dark-materials-adaptation-1202319285/

To play the lead role of - Lyra Belacqua an orphan who lives in a parallel universe."
Meanwhile, Lin-Manuel Miranda is in talks for the role of balloonist and adventurer Lee Scoresby.

OK?

Not sure if/how this "eight-part series" may affect (if)any future plans for a Laura X-23 spin-off.

Is still all we know Craig Kyle's tweet?

Last edited:

Awww
ro8fi0V.gif
NbOCMQy.gif

I wish there was an interview somewhere of her on youtube, I've looked around and found nothing. I love this girl! She deserves a solo film.

Some behind the scenes interview:
YT]TAVAvajHriw[/YT]
LOL Her expression on seeing the foot-claws!

She's definitely bilingual fluent in both.
Spanish..
[

English...

Last edited:

Anyone wondering what Dafne Keen Fernández has been up to since Logan and the above tweets.
She has been quite busy....

Not that familiar with the material, but this looks fun.

If her X-23 didn't already, this (Lyra Belacqua (oddly enough another orphan character with powers)) will likely get her even more attention.
Hopefully Disney/Marvel hasn't dropped this, and comes up with a script and go-ahead by the time this wraps, or something for her to shoot between seasons.[/video]

Last edited:
I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one now that Disney/Marvel owns that all.
Mangold (director) is on board for continuing the character, Kyle (writer) is too, and Dafne Keen Fernández is becoming more and more prominent. All pluses Disney/Marvel would pursue. (also gives them another female lead film, and actress)
If it's the rating, a few curses, head role and blood splatter LOL! Which can be pared down for a sequel, the film was more driven by Mangold's other strengths as directer, Disney knows they would be lucky to have.
Or easily continue with him under Miramax, Dimension or Touchstone, it's a non issue.
Why in your opinion wouldn't Disney/Marvel want to pursue that?

Last edited:
They are rebooting the mutants for the MCU. Bob Iger already said there can't be two Marvels under their company.

They are rebooting the mutants for the MCU. Bob Iger already said there can't be two Marvels under their company.

Seeing that it's the future, and even then only a possible future, it's pretty much a non issue (doesn't conflict with or affect anything "now").
And they just put out the most successful and biggest story that not only establishes, but encourages multiple timelines as part of their U going forward.
I hope with this directer anxious to tell more stories with this character and continuity, they aren't catering to those that can't comprehend how (or go with) Laura X-23 continuing in an alt future, or even coming "back" from it, to crossover with their main.

Last edited:
Seeing that it's the future, and even then only a possible future, it's pretty much a non issue (doesn't conflict with or affect anything "now").
And they just put out the most successful and biggest story that not only establishes, but encourages multiple timelines as part of their U going forward.
I hope with this directer anxious to tell more stories with this character and continuity, they aren't catering to those that can't comprehend how (or go with) Laura X-23 continuing in an alt future, or even coming "back" from it, to crossover with their main.
Dark Phoenix is not getting a follow up just like Logan.

Dark Phoenix is not getting a follow up just like Logan.
Never thought it was. as I didn't really follow it, only thing I ever saw was the Mangold and Craig Kyle tweets anticipating it's go ahead.
No idea how that contracts into the merger, as far as "vision" just think D is losing something great, walking away from them, especially since the U they are establishing not only wouldn't conflict, but even allows for it.

Last edited:
When it comes to X-Men, I'd be happy if Marvel invested more in some animated series and in moving the comics forward some more the way Joss Whedon did, just good writing and moving things forward. I can wait a few years to watch X-films.

However, if they could get a hold of HBO's Dafne Keen then they should take advantage of how endearing she was in Logan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"