Learnig to play electric guitar.

Wolfwood

Shasta McNasty
Reaction score
I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar without going to lessons, I'm starting to understand things and figure them out, but I could use a lot more help. Anyone know of any good websites or books I could check out that might be of assistance? Even beginner stuff, no matter how basic, would help.

wait so you didnt play acoustic beforehand? my best advice is to get your fingers in prime playing shape, go from the top to the bottom of the guitar strumming each note to build up your finger speed/strength. after that, learn all of the positions and notes, be able to tell the difference as artists switch from one note to the next, and learn TAB.

wait so you didnt play acoustic beforehand? my best advice is to get your fingers in prime playing shape, go from the top to the bottom of the guitar strumming each note to build up your finger speed/strength. after that, learn all of the positions and notes, be able to tell the difference as artists switch from one note to the next, and learn TAB.

Nope, I would've like to though. I started with this electric guitar because I found it and thought "What the hell, nows a good time to start." Thanks a lot for the tips, but what's TAB?

I think he's talking about Tablature...like...how to play them...it's pretty self explanatory...

Oh I gotcha, I know what that is. :up:

Start out with learning some simple power chords. Learn some simple but catchy punk songs to get your going. No one wants to sit for hours and hours and play stupid C Major scales. Nothing is more fun than electric guitar.

Once you get your hands on playing some Power chords, and some simple but cool punk songs, learn the Pentatonic scale.

That should keep you busy for a while.

I played the bass line to "Seven Nation Army" yesterday.

I felt proud :o:up:

I played the bass line to "Seven Nation Army" yesterday.

I felt proud :o:up:

yes actually, i would reccomend starting with a couple of white stripes songs, like fell in love with a girl, its so easy to get those down.

Just find songs you like, get the tab for it, and learn to play those, then you will pick up the basics of it all, then you can go onto learning stuff like Bar Chords, hammer ons kick ass solos ect....

www.chordfind.com is a good website for finding out how to play certain chords. I always found it helpful when I was starting up. :up:

gonna see chilli peppers live for the first time this year. Its gonna be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"