Leather cowl

lujho

Superhero
Reaction score
Check it out. Made by one of the guys on the Brotherhood of the Bat costume forum. From a single piece of leather. Just a prototype, not finished, but man, it's nice.

wearing1.jpg

cowl3.jpg

cowl2.jpg

See, it can be done.

I wonder if he'd make me one for my next film? Looks perfect for the style I'm going for.

Comicfilmer said:
I wonder if he'd make me one for my next film? Looks perfect for the style I'm going for.

Typical "Now when you made it, make me one"

This guy that made the cowl have worked 3 years on it to come at this stage, the prototype.
And instead of bying one, why dont make one your self?
Funny that everyone seem to forget how hard work that goes into these stuff, they just think.. well now when this dude have made one in leather i dont need to make one.. wonder if he sell?

Bla bla... Yeah its a awesome cowl:)

Proximo said:

This guy that made the cowl have worked 3 years on it to come at this stage, the prototype.
Funny that everyone seem to forget how hard work that goes into these stuff, they just think.. well now when this dude have made one in leather i dont need to make one.. wonder if he sell?
Comicfilmer only "wondered" whether or not he might acquire a cowl—which seems a reasonable enough—and even if you read an explicit request into Comicfilmer's post, it's not like others, even BotB folk, haven't made, traded, or sold their work to others in the past. Now GA may say no—which he is perfectly entitled to do—but there's no harm or insult in asking.

I wonder how it looks from the front?

realy great! what he takes to do this...i want to do one for me! but with my style but he's really great!

DcKnight

Is that based off the cowl from "The Batman" animted series? It reminds me of it quite a bit, with the shape of the mouth opening and the short ears.

Katsuro said:
Is that based off the cowl from "The Batman" animted series? It reminds me of it quite a bit, with the shape of the mouth opening and the short ears.

It look like Jim Lee's Batman to me. Especially with the DC Direct of Batman: Hush toy lines. The ears & the part of the cowl around the cheek is similar to the Batman action figure from that Hush line. And I dig the cowl myself, despite prefering the ears a little longer. :)

This cowl is made from a single piece of leather?
It must be as stiff as plastic.
It is a wonderful piece of work.
Great craftsmanship. Congratulations.
If these are ever set up for sale, you'll sell every one of them.

I don't like that mouth opening, never really did. But it looks great coming from a single piece of leather.

Proximo said:

Bla bla... Yeah its a awesome cowl:)

You sure do have your panties in a bunch, you his lawyer or something?

That's easily the nicest cowl I've ever seen made.

Mr. Socko said:
I don't like that mouth opening, never really did. But it looks great coming from a single piece of leather.

You sure do have your panties in a bunch, you his lawyer or something?

No, Im not his lawyer.
All im saying is, people think its so easy to just "buy" then making it them self.
As i said... the maker of this prototype-leather cowl have worked hard for years.. trying diffrent technices and so on.
Its never wrong to ask if he'd parting whit a copy.

When he have the finished cowl ready, Im sure it will look even better then this Prototype.

Is the leather soft enough for him to be able to turn his head? It would be impressive if the cape is in some manner attached to the cowl. IMO anyway.

Not my favorite style for the cowl, but amazing craftsmanship, I dig it.

I love the work that was put into it. I wonder if it's hard or soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"