Lee Pace is Ronan

I'm so happy to see Lee Pace reprising his role as Ronan in Capt. Marvel, and perhaps this time they will give him more depth and character development than he got in GOTG (sorry James Gunn, but you dropped the ball on Ronan the Accuser). Personally, I wish there's a way to bring him back after IW, consequences be damned!

Except that it was the Creative Committee that cut most of Roman's backstory ingotg so Gunn is not to blame here.

He looks great, really hope we get Ronan to come back somehow in the modern and become a good guy like the comics. If they plan to do Annihilation or anything like that down the line, Ronan NEEDS to be there for me.

Being in this is a good sign that he might hang around.

Except that it was the Creative Committee that cut most of Roman's backstory ingotg so Gunn is not to blame here.
It's good to know that Gunn wasn't the person to blame re: Ronan. We should expect a much better Ronan since that committee has been disbanded then.

I am fine with how Ronan was portrayed in GotG. We were not meeting Ronan in an origin setting. We were seeing a disillusioned, seasoned Ronan. I like that we're going to likely see the seeds of what led Ronan to leave the empire potentially and fill in those backstory gaps. It is going to make rewatching MCU films in a marathon fun! Especially if you watch them in order of when things take place! Will give GotG a whole new context.

I liked Ronan's look in GOTG. The new one is cool too... or should I say old one?

Hz05FiW.jpg

Being in this is a good sign that he might hang around.

As this is set in the 90’s, not really, and after Avengers 4, they will want Carol in the modern day. So unless Ronan is resurrected in the modern day, it’s unlikely we will see him.

My hope is that the reversal of the snap in Avengers 4 doesn’t quite go to plan, and some dead villains come back instead some of the people lost in the snap.

As this is set in the 90’s, not really, and after Avengers 4, they will want Carol in the modern day. So unless Ronan is resurrected in the modern day, it’s unlikely we will see him.

My hope is that the reversal of the snap in Avengers 4 doesn’t quite go to plan, and some dead villains come back instead some of the people lost in the snap.
Oh good point, haha.

Actually, if you look closely, it's different armor. It's just...the same style. Guess the man doesn't care about fashion trends, lol.

See this is why we needed characters like moondragon and phyla-Vell. When you hoover out all the gays you loose the sense of style

Exactly what I was hoping they'd do with him here. Same general look, just more green, he comes off less grim-angsty-emo and more "Kree's Captain America".

No doubt he'll be just as ruthless as ever, as he should be, but yeah, it always irked me the way Gunn portrayed the Kree in Guardians, and more specifically Ronan's relationship with them. Like the freakin' KREE of all people would ever sign a peace treaty, so lame. Their whole thing is basically being the Roman Empire, conquer or die trying. Kree should basically all be the way Ronan was in that movie.

So hopefully they go a ways to rectifying that here, should be really nice getting a more classic/traditional Kree depiction, even if it is 20 years in the past and they only got all compromise-y quite recently. Kinda surprised by how it doesn't seem Carol's quite as at-odds with them as I'd assumed though, for whatever reason figured she'd be fighting BOTH Kree and Skrull elements here.

And she probably still is, but sort of looks like there's a bit of an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing going on here too, at least for a while.

See this is why we needed characters like moondragon and phyla-Vell. When you hoover out all the gays you loose the sense of style
:funny:

Sweet, I can't wait. I've always felt Ronan was the MCU's most underrated villain. His part in this probably won't be huge but hopefully it will be significant and we'll see how he became the evil bastard he was in GOTG.

Love that the green's still really noticeable with whatever color grading they're going with for the movie proper. Was a little apprehensive it'd be that bright on-film as it looked in the cool pictures, glad to see it is.

Do we know yet if he's villain-y in this movie? Or is this meant to show him going to the dark side, similar to Mordo in Dr. Strange?

Do we know yet if he's villain-y in this movie? Or is this meant to show him going to the dark side, similar to Mordo in Dr. Strange?
I think it'll be similar to Mordo but I think we'll get some glimpses of the intensity and viciousness he had GOTG that Mordo never really showed until the DS stinger.

Hopefully he doesn't get short-changed again.

Honestly I have no idea what to expect. I feel like it might just be a two scene cameo type thing, just enough to connect it to the marvel u. Or he could be a huge deal. I mean, we will need to see what turned him rotten

He's probably a "villain" from an Earthling perspective. :oldrazz: Like, the lesser of two evils when you're factoring in a Skrull invasion/infiltration, but not exactly having any affection or empathy for the lowly primitive human-cattle either.

He's probably Carol's boss/military superior when she's in Starforce, but either has a falling out with him once she throws in with Fury to protect us humans or alternatively is still fighting alongside him through the third act but it's pretty clear he doesn't give a **** about Carol's non-Kree people. Probably the type of sitution where if the Skrulls hypothetically were successful in getting a foothold on Earth he'd have no problem whatsoever with just razing the entire planet to do away with them.

Hopefully he doesn't get short-changed again.
There's a lot of characters in this movie that people are rooting to have meaningful roles. One particular poster wants Phil Coulston to be the breakout star. I think it's fair to say that Nick Fury will have an important role and, if the Starforce Commander is Mar-Vell, I don't want that role to be too small.

So here's my hope for Ronan - I hope the role is big enough so we view his part in Guardians in a new light. Other than that, I don't have a lot of expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a single scene.

He's probably a "villain" from an Earthling perspective. :oldrazz: Like, the lesser of two evils when you're factoring in a Skrull invasion/infiltration, but not exactly having any affection or empathy for the lowly primitive human-cattle either.

He's probably Carol's boss/military superior when she's in Starforce, but either has a falling out with him once she throws in with Fury to protect us humans or alternatively is still fighting alongside him through the third act but it's pretty clear he doesn't give a **** about Carol's non-Kree people. Probably the type of sitution where if the Skrulls hypothetically were successful in getting a foothold on Earth he'd have no problem whatsoever with just razing the entire planet to do away with them.

Yeah I think all the different characters represent different facets of society. So Ronan represents the judicial system, mar-Vell (if that’s him) is a war hero and represents the military industry complex, we’re bound to see some kree politicians too

Conspicuously absent from the marketing so far...

He's probably only in a couple of scenes to connect to the larger universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"