Lego Marvel: Super Heroes - Part 1

This game was recently announced today to come out in fall 2013.

Warner Bros. has announced the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes will be coming to all major consoles and handhelds this autumn.

It will, of course, be the first instalment in the successful LEGO video game franchise to feature the Marvel characters (LEGO toys are already available, of course). So far the LEGO games have only featured DC characters, such as Batman and Superman, but Marvel's icons will soon receive a similar treatment.

The game is said to 'complement' the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes toy range, which combines characters and vehicles from the rich Marvel universe. So far they have released eight sets, featuring Iron Man, Spider-Man, and the X-Men.

Gamestage_MarvelSuperHeroes_950x300main-610x192.jpg

The game will have an original storyline with Nick Fury enlisting the help of Iron man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes from across the Marvel Universe – you guessed it – to save Earth from Loki and Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” said Tom Stone, TT Games' Managing Director. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”

There will be over 100 characters to unlock, including Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and even Galactus. Expect the trademark gameplay of fun action, puzzle-solving, and of course endless collectibles.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS and DS this autumn.

Is the orange hooded guy hobgoblin on the 2nd to last tier?

That was my first thought, but it can't be: it looks like a robot, it looks like a variation of the character to the left, and it's out of alphabetical order. That's the R-S characters.

That was my first thought, but it can't be: it looks like a robot, it looks like a variation of the character to the left, and it's out of alphabetical order. That's the R-S characters.

Oh. Man I'm still holding onto hope for Vision and She Hulk.

They could always adjust it. The order each time we've seen this screen has changed. And how do we tell which characters have alts I wonder?

They could always adjust it. The order each time we've seen this screen has changed. And how do we tell which characters have alts I wonder?

Yes, that's true, but this is the first time that it's all in alphabetical order, excluding the characters in row one. The last row seems to be filled with bigfigs, which is strange given that most of the ones we know already appear elsewhere... The characters with alts are constantly rotating between character pictures, you'd have to be watching them in motion to notice.

Here's the livestream again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNW2-N0uFA

LEGO Spidey said:
So after careful examination of the character grid shown at Eurogamer Expo, here's what I believe the roster looks like:

t8aqhh.jpg

Tier 1 (20 characters)
Iron Man | Hulk | Spider-Man | Captain America | Mr. Fantastic | Hawkeye | Black Widow | Wolverine | Human Torch | Thor | Cyclops | Jean Grey | Storm | Beast | Iceman | Invisible Woman | Thing | Nick Fury | Maria Hill | Agent Coulson

Tier 2 (20 characters)
Abomination | ? | AIM Agent | ? | Ant-Man* | Archangel | Arnim Zola | ? | ? | ? | Black Cat* | Black Panther* | ? | Blob | ? | Captain Britain | Carnage | Colossus | Curt Connors | Damage Control

Tier 3 (20 characters)
Daredevil | Deadpool | Destroyer | Doctor Doom | Doctor Octopus | Doctor Strange* | Doombot* | ? | ? | ? | Electro | Elektra | Emma Frost | Frost Giant | Galactus | Gambit | Gamora* | Ghost Rider | Green Goblin | Green Goblin (Ultimate)

Tier 4 (20 characters)
? | ? | ? | Heimdall | HERBIE | Howard the Duck | HYDRA Agent | Iron Fist* | Iron Man (Hulkbuster) | J. Jonah Jameson | Juggernaut | Kingpin | Kingpin Henchman | Kraven | ? | ? | Leader | ? | Loki | Magneto

Tier 5 (20 characters)
Magneto Acolyte | Malekith* | Mandarin* | ? | ? | Mini Sentinel | ? | ? | Ms. Marvel | Mysterio | Mystique | Nightcrawler* | Nova* | Odin* | Pepper Potts* | ? | Professor X | Psylocke | Punisher | Quicksilver*

Tier 6 (20 characters)
Red Hulk | Red Skull* | Rhino | Rocket Raccoon | ? | ? | Sabretooth | Sandman | Sand Goon | Scarlet Witch* | (unidentified character) | ? | Silver Samurai | Silver Surfer | Spider-Woman | Squirrel Girl | Stan Lee | Star-Lord* | ? | Super-Skrull

Tier 7 (20 characters)
(unidentified character) | (unidentified character) | ? | ? | Union Jack | Venom | Viper | Vulture | War Machine | Wasp* | Whiplash | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ?

Tier 8 (18 characters)
? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ?

Characters marked with * are unconfirmed, based on guesswork from their alphabetical position and the shape of the black-out outline, and should be taken with a grain of salt until further notice.

Sadly there is no room for Vision, She-Hulk or Luke Cage

Nice breakdown. I suppose the bottom tier is probably DLC or other special/unlockable characters?

Yes, that's true, but this is the first time that it's all in alphabetical order, excluding the characters in row one. The last row seems to be filled with bigfigs, which is strange given that most of the ones we know already appear elsewhere... The characters with alts are constantly rotating between character pictures, you'd have to be watching them in motion to notice.

Here's the livestream again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNW2-N0uFA

Oh so the ones that are constantly flashing are the ones with alts? How would you choose them? And I think the last row might be DLC or created characters slots.

Is that orange hood guy a cosmic character?

Oh so the ones that are constantly flashing are the ones with alts? How would you choose them? And I think the last row might be DLC or created characters slots.

Yep. You wait until the alt you want cycles by, just like in LEGO Harry Potter. Sometimes it can be a pain when you're in a hurry to select specific alts.

Is that orange hood guy a cosmic character?

No idea who he is, but the black and silver-ish guy to the left looks very similar. Maybe a henchman or robot?

Also, I forgot to add Rogue to my estimate of the character grid. She's to the immediate right of Rocket Raccoon.

It appears there's an option for a second character select screen, featuring the alts.

5cu8.jpg

dp2j.jpg

EDIT:

Yep. You wait until the alt you want cycles by, just like in LEGO Harry Potter. Sometimes it can be a pain when you're in a hurry to select specific alts.

Ah, okay. Makes sense.

Ah thanks BMM for that pic and Lego Spidey thanks for explaining it. I've never played the Potter series so alts work in Lego games is new to me. Now we need a list of those who have alts lol. Interesting Johnny doesn't seem to have one.

Zoomed in as far as I could on that pic. The guy on the lower left of that pic has Venom's face, but obviously halved. No idea who the hell it is, especially with the giant orange headpiece.

Zoomed in as far as I could on that pic. The guy on the lower left of that pic has Venom's face, but obviously halved. No idea who the hell it is, especially with the giant orange headpiece.

It's probably Eddie Brock or Harry Osborn.

Game looks gorgeous! Loving the stuff they've done with Mr. Fantastic, very creative.

Those two are the biggest mistery to me so far.

There's no way they'd leave Luke Cage out, especially with some of the obscure characters already confirmed.

Right theres no way Cage wouldnt be there. He is big

Boy, I better be able to make a really damn great Namor in the character creator....

There's a hooded guy right around where a "t" character would be

Taskmaster? :awesome:

There's no way they'd leave Luke Cage out, especially with some of the obscure characters already confirmed.
They could be calling him "Power Man" in the game or something

Last edited:
An update on my guesswork:

Tier 1 (20 characters)
Iron Man | Hulk | Spider-Man | Captain America | Mr. Fantastic | Hawkeye | Black Widow | Wolverine | Human Torch | Thor | Cyclops | Jean Grey | Storm | Beast | Iceman | Invisible Woman | Thing | Nick Fury | Maria Hill | Agent Coulson

Tier 2 (20 characters)
Abomination | ? | AIM Agent | ? | Ant-Man | Archangel | Arnim Zola | ? | Beetle | Black Bolt | Black Cat | Black Panther | Blade | Blob | Bullseye | Captain Britain | Carnage | Colossus | Curt Connors | Damage Control

Tier 3 (20 characters)
Daredevil | Deadpool | Destroyer | Doctor Doom | Doctor Octopus | Doctor Strange | Doombot | ? | ? | Drax | Electro | Elektra | Emma Frost | Frost Giant | Galactus | Gambit | Gamora | Ghost Rider | Green Goblin | Green Goblin (Ultimate)

Tier 4 (20 characters)
Groot | ? | ? | Heimdall | HERBIE | Howard the Duck | HYDRA Agent | Iron Fist | Iron Man (Hulkbuster) | J. Jonah Jameson | Juggernaut | Kingpin | Kingpin Henchman | Kraven | ? | Lady Deathstrike | Leader | ? | Loki | Magneto

Tier 5 (20 characters)
Magneto Acolyte | Malekith | Mandarin | ? | ? | Mini Sentinel | MODOK | ? | Ms. Marvel | Mysterio | Mystique | Nightcrawler | Nova | Odin | Pepper Potts | Power Man | Professor X | Psylocke | Punisher | Quicksilver

Tier 6 (20 characters)
Red Hulk | Red Skull | Rhino | Rocket Raccoon | Rogue | Roxxon Guard | Sabretooth | Sandman | Sand Goon | Scarlet Witch | SHIELD Agent | ? | Silver Samurai | Silver Surfer | Spider-Woman | Squirrel Girl | Stan Lee | Star-Lord | ? | Super-Skrull

Tier 7 (20 characters)
(Symbiote character #1) | (Symbiote character #2) | ? | ? | Union Jack | Venom | Viper | Vulture | War Machine | Wasp | Whiplash | White Tiger | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ?

Tier 8 (18 characters)
? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ? | ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"