Marvel Heroes MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to constantly click to attack

Read his post wrong.. I also think controllers wouldn't work for this game, but that's just me. (I love using my 360 controller on my PC, btw)

Anyway, since I love you guys for not completely ****ting on the game like everyone else in the world, I managed to *enhance* some textures so here's Luke Cage + animations.

[YT]ZnBwy3f0Pa8[/YT]

Nova
[YT]8ea8HDUeWVs[/YT]

This is that 3d studio max stuff you were talking about earlier right ? that I said I'd ask you about later.

Cool. They did say it'll take time to recode and when they were making this they didn't think so many would ask for controller pad support as Mr. Brevik said but he's since said what he said and they will eventually add it some time later. especially with so many people asking about consoles too for this game. we just have to wait and see.

And like I said there was a thread where there was huge argument over it. They're not opposed to it . I'm kinda happy they not mad cause there was point some certain people drove them too crazy on it asking . at least their no saying no. that could have happened epecially when they asked people to drop it during beta and i had to show those that keep repeatedly asking the video's to make to people still asking for controller support to finally calm down and make those against it to shut up. . Any way they'll let us know when that's ready. .

Last edited:
A couple of things about the STASH:

1) Crafting. Is this utterly useless at lower levels? I find that the only things I'm able to craft require 2-3 "simple" elements, and I can concoct a few fairly useful potions out of those; but then I've got all these "primitive" elements that don't seem to serve any function at all at lower levels. I'm just donating everything I have to "science" (i.e., Hank Pym), because I can't find any use for them, or any way to level up in crafting to the point where I might be able to craft better stuff. Advice?

2) Costume items that belong to heroes I don't own. Should I hang on to them and STASH them, in hopes of one day buying/unlocking those characters, or are those items just taking up space in the closet, and I'd be better off just selling the things? (For the record, I like to gather a bunch of items that I can't use, then find a fairly crowded shared region, and just start dumping things like frickin' Santa Claus. The kiddies love me for it. ;))

A couple of things about the STASH:

1) Crafting. Is this utterly useless at lower levels? I find that the only things I'm able to craft require 2-3 "simple" elements, and I can concoct a few fairly useful potions out of those; but then I've got all these "primitive" elements that don't seem to serve any function at all at lower levels. I'm just donating everything I have to "science" (i.e., Hank Pym), because I can't find any use for them, or any way to level up in crafting to the point where I might be able to craft better stuff. Advice?
This is what I learned from the beta there is this thing called Esoteric elements , (it's called "pure" now ) when i complained about that in the now former thread. try to make sure your crafters are as high as possible feed them all the blue's greens and purples you don't need any more and may be some medal's if you need room in that stash bank of yours and that won' t be used for the pvp later. Those are the lower medals that you pick up when you first start out cause you'll pick up better one's as you take on villains like Doc Oc again in later levels. I 'd say you might want to do that with some Artifact's too, but since they have lowered the drop rate of the Artifact's I don't know if you should feed them to the Crafters any more.

Some Artifact's like the mask of doom helped you level up fast with the crafters. since this won't be the case with the drop rate being lowered as i said , I'd say you have start making sure level your crafter as much as possible after every mission now and feed them from when you have access to at avengers tower as much as possible and make sure all your elements are used carefully.

use the elements in costume upgrades and Affix's for the armor parts of the costumes the costume that forastectic that can have affix's added to it as well, for your current Thor or any character has on for a costume as it becomes available to you.

It'll tell you the elements you need to perform it just put you brows over the box. and other elements keep continuing upgrading and keep them for later upgrades.

I know it's a lot of tedious work.

so I found this for you

Costume Cores

Started by theendisnow, June 7th, 2013 11:42 PM 12

Crafting Questions

Started by FrodoFraggins, Yesterday 05:43 AM

Offensive and defensive costume affixs

Started by SamBrown, Yesterday 02:03 PM

more important of all
http://marvelheroesdigest.com/guides/crafting-guide/

2) Costume items that belong to heroes I don't own. Should I hang on to them and STASH them, in hopes of one day buying/unlocking those characters, or are those items just taking up space in the closet, and I'd be better off just selling the things? (For the record, I like to gather a bunch of items that I can't use, then find a fairly crowded shared region, and just start dumping things like frickin' Santa Claus. The kiddies love me for it. ;))
yeah you should build up as much in game money as you possiblly can to build you enough "g" cash and buy up those extra S.T.A.S.H. Banks then. and only select the best quality costume for your other characters. so keep looking at their "Stat's".

So far I've decided the best way to deal with this is the one at a time approach for my self. as I think I won't I'll have enough room for all that with all the characters I have, plus medals and elements. so I'm gonna minimize this. All the costume for cyclops I'll deal with first, once I've maxed him out and finish what needs to be done, I'll head to DD and then do the same and move on to Jean by doing the same and then Rocket Raccoon and Thor.

I think I'll reduce my hoarder problems this way.

Last edited:
Amazing guide, zenith....definitely explains everything. :up: You are da man --- thanks. :)

your welcome .

ok so far there are two reviews one from IGN (which will be copying what others like EPD.TV has been doing for a bit review with others like DCUO) and the other from massively.

Marvel Heroes Review in Progress

3 days ago - David Brevik's Marvel-themed follow-up to Diablo II has arrived, but is it a heroic enterprise or a villainous waste of time? Read More »
1 Comment

and here massively's

MMO Week in Review: The final fate of Marvel Universe Online

(15 hours ago)
Massively Meta, Week in Review, Miscellaneous

At the end of every week, we round up the best and most popular news stories, exclusive features, and insightful columns published on Massively and then present them all in one convenient place. If you missed a big MMO or WoW Insider story last week, you've come to the right post.

It might be a bit different from the MMO we all envisioned back when Marvel Universe Online was first re-announced, but this week, Gazillion's Marvel Heroes officially launched. The early launch period, however, was not without its flaws; Gazillion was forced to compensate founders who ran into connection errors and other mishaps during the game's pre-launch headstart.

Read on for the rest of this week's top MMO stories. Continue Reading

and here's what massively put up this just now.
Leaderboard: Marvel Heroes' character customization - Good deal or deal-breaker?

(59 minutes ago)
Super-hero, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes, Leaderboard

Every once in a while I get intrigued by Marvel Heroes, and then I do a bit of research and I remember that it forces me to play as a pre-existing comic book character rather than an avatar of my own creation. I love superhero MMOs, see, but dude, that's a complete deal-breaker. Half the fun of my favorite superhero MMO -- DC Universe Online -- is coming up with both character concepts and superheroic costumes.

The other half of the fun is the IP, but that's neither here nor there, at least for this edition of Leaderboard. What about you, Massively voters? Does MH's lack of original avatar options turn you off or is the rest of the game enjoyable enough even with that restriction? Vote after the cut!

vs.jpg
Ever wish that you could put to rest a long-standing MMO debate once and for all? Then welcome to the battle royal of Massively's Leaderboard, where two sides enter the pit o' judgment -- and only one leaves. Vote to make your opinion known, and see whether your choice tops the Leaderboard! Continue Reading

source: IGN &Massively

other review's will come out from other games news shows/sites some time after their done covering E3.

Read his post wrong.. I also think controllers wouldn't work for this game, but that's just me. (I love using my 360 controller on my PC, btw)

I did not not about the W key though so that's helpful! I really enjoy the game but using a keyboard and mouse is just so uncomfortable for me.

So what kind of rarity and special item bonuses are you guys getting? I haven't even beat the story yet, but the best drop I got was +10% special item find. Everything else (like three pair of boots) seems to pop out at around 5-6%.

Finally giving Daredevil a spin after levelling Hawkeye to 16. I like him, as a brawler. Although, it would've been nice if there weren't copy+paste animations between characters.

Did anyone manage to get a Hero drop? Or did you all already stop playing?

I don't play as sporadically anymore, but hero drop rates slightly increased. I'm having fun with Hawkeye and Daredevil and might buy Cyclops anywho.

I also was on a break for a couple days, did some green dailies with Hawkeye today, but don't really enjoy it as much anymore. I just want to get my hands on Spider-Man, but I guess I'll wait till they do a sale. I'll still occasionally play around though. Doesn't cost anything after all.

More than 10GB for free, and then a select few characters are for sale? That's lame
Unless you mean buying him using in game currency and not pay real money

You get one of 5 characters to choose from at the start. Those are Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Daredevil and the Thing. I think after the first Mission you get another one of the five starter heroes as a reward and again when you finish chapter 8. So you get 3 heroes for free, just playing the through the story mode. Though it was bugged at first and pretty much everyone got the same hero drop. I got Daredevil twice.

The rest of the heroes, you either have to get really lucky and find them as drops, either from mobs, bosses or crates, or purchase them with real money. The 3 most popular heroes, Ironman, Spider-Man and Deadpool, cost $20 each. Other prices for heroes, ranging from least popular to most are $6, $9 and $12. The same goes for costumes. One of Ironman's alternates costs close to, if not exactly $20. Same goes for Pirate Deadpool. A price they seem to justify because he has unique lines.

So this is how they gain money from that game, I thought it's completely for nothing. What nuisance
I'm tempted to stop downloading this and play Marvel Ultimate Alliance instead, I keep going cause I'm curious on how I might enjoy playing this

Well, you never have to pay a thing. You can play this completely for free and unlock everything the game has to offer, if your are willing to play 3000 hours. It all depends on luck and having the right gear equipped to increase your hero drop chances. Some people get 2 hero drops within an hour, others play 30, 50, 70 hours and get nothing.

Ok it's time I checked in on this has anyone had any trouble adding others that they know from here to their friend list with in the game? I just tried adding you spoon's and it says your not online. So it looks like you have to be on line at the same time as me for me to add you.

If it was done more like steam's friends request it would be better to add people up in this thing. I think I might suggest that to them on the forum . Let me know if it's working on any of your ends please.

in the mean time marvel heroes Wiki is up and ready

http://marvelheroes.gamepedia.com/Marvel_Heroes_Wiki

Last edited:
^Cant add a friend if they aren't online, yep. Stupid.

Not regularly at least. I'll pretty much only log on to grind for hero drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"