Lego?

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
I might have asked this before.....I know I've though it.

But has anyone ever thought of, or done this.....lego bases or playsets for figs?

.... i dont really want a play set that has the little lego circles all over it.. problem about legos is... THEY LOOK LIKE LEGOS..

This was a lame idea. You can do better than this Rough.

not unless you build what ever you want from lego. than find somthing to stick over it to make it look like its not made of lego. like a brick effect thing or somthing

spideyboy_1111 said:
.... i dont really want a play set that has the little lego circles all over it.. problem about legos is... THEY LOOK LIKE LEGOS..
Not familar with Legos are we. :cwink:

I might have asked this before.....I know I've though it.

But has anyone ever thought of, or done this.....lego bases or playsets for figs?
Not impossible. Really hard though. Most of the large lego bases are like a 9x9 inch square in green, grey, or blue. Or is it's a specific kind of base, like the pirate island set I had as a kid, coloured to look like an island. Unless your going to use a lego Batman set or a Megablocks Spider-man set and then use a Batman/Spider-man mini-mates fig. You couldn't use a standard lego set for say ML's. Unless your doing Giant-man levels a city block type thing. The great thing about lego is that they have standardized block sizes. Like I know that given an hour or two I could MacGuyver a chair and some kind of avengers computer console sized perfectly for the Spider-man 2 fig I have. It'ed be rainbow coloured but it would work. I'm designing it in my head right now. :wow:

The big problem is that Lego/Megablocks don't sell large bags of the standard 2 by 4 peg block (which for a ML scaled set you'd need several thousand of) in one colour. They also don't sell bags of pegless top plates (which you'd need for smooth surfaces like a floor) either. About the only persons capable of doing a ML scale playset out of lego's would be one of the sculptors that lego employs to build those things like the scaled NY skyline at the lego theme parks. They are the only ones you can go down to the factory and say "I need 2000 more grey block please."

Not impossible. Really hard though. Most of the large lego bases are like a 9x9 inch square in green, grey, or blue. Or is it's a specific kind of base, like the pirate island set I had as a kid, coloured to look like an island. Unless your going to use a lego Batman set or a Megablocks Spider-man set and then use a Batman/Spider-man mini-mates fig. You couldn't use a standard lego set for say ML's. Unless your doing Giant-man levels a city block type thing. The great thing about lego is that they have standardized block sizes. Like I know that given an hour or two I could MacGuyver a chair and some kind of avengers computer console sized perfectly for the Spider-man 2 fig I have. It'ed be rainbow coloured but it would work. I'm designing it in my head right now. :wow:

The big problem is that Lego/Megablocks don't sell large bags of the standard 2 by 4 peg block (which for a ML scaled set you'd need several thousand of) in one colour. They also don't sell bags of pegless top plates (which you'd need for smooth surfaces like a floor) either. About the only persons capable of doing a ML scale playset out of lego's would be one of the sculptors that lego employs to build those things like the scaled NY skyline at the lego theme parks. They are the only ones you can go down to the factory and say "I need 2000 more grey block please."

kid, i grew up on lego pirates, i'm very familiar with legos. no matter what you get those little lego dots...

About the only persons capable of doing a ML scale playset out of lego's would be one of the sculptors that lego employs to build those things like the scaled NY skyline at the lego theme parks. They are the only ones you can go down to the factory and say "I need 2000 more grey block please."

i would love that job so freakin much....:heart:

when i see something lego that looks realistic.. thats when ill agree with you lars... the ML bases and figures are done (well most of them) with lifelike paint jobs on figs and busts

The coolest thing I ever saw made from lego was a 3D version of that painting with the stairs........it was awesome

Truthfully, the only really good way to get Lego's to look good is to have them in actual scale with ML, and know what the hell you're doing.

Also, make sure not to use Lego for grass and streets.

4856.jpg

Yes, Lego does actually, but you have to order them from the magazine.:cwink:
PS Megablocks ****ing suck.:down:o
That's ingenious.:up:

when i see something lego that looks realistic.. thats when ill agree with you lars... the ML bases and figures are done (well most of them) with lifelike paint jobs on figs and busts
The only real problem is organic shapes. Lego's aren't so good with that. I mean for large trees they use brown coloured arch halves. :woot: I mean we are basically talking about a round peg in a hexagonal hole. Stand ins.

spideyboy_1111 said:
o what? those little smooth toppers? still lame... only thing u could build is buildings... thats about it...
Actually the square ones are, scale wise, around the size of ceramic floor tiles to a ML. Not a huge one but a medium sized one.

Majik1387 said:
Yes, Lego does actually, but you have to order them from the magazine.
PS Megablocks ****ing suck.
Perhaps, I haven't seen one of those catalogues in many years. :huh: Plus I've never held a mega block in my life. Are they that different than lego?

Well I guess the only way to know if this might work is for me to drag out the lego's and start building. But anything I build will be rainbow coloured.

Perhaps, I haven't seen one of those catalogues in many years. :huh: Plus I've never held a mega block in my life. Are they that different than lego?
They're a cheaper type of plastic and they break easily. Plus their little people are lame.
Well I guess the only way to know if this might work is for me to drag out the lego's and start building. But anything I build will be rainbow coloured.
When I played with my action figures I used to use legos as a device to capture the characters so I built this mold around the figures.

I never had enough to do large playsets or anything though. Hooray for cardboard boxes and styrofoam.:yay:

many of my opinions of you, B.U.M., remain threadless

Megabloks are awesome! Seriously, I'm sick of people saying they suck. They aren't your precious Legos, get over it :p The Dragons and Pyrates lines have been amazing little toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"