Les Miserables: One Thread More!

Apparently there was a scene deleted from the movie where [BLACKOUT]Fantine's dead body is thrown from the hospital window on to a cart, as if what she had already gone through wasn't enough for the audience.[/BLACKOUT] It's from the book, but I'm kinda glad that was cut, because there's sad, and then there's just plain morbid.

lol, yea, that would have been overkill.

For the love of God, leave the poor woman alone.

Whoa, new thread! Any suggestions for names?

One Thread More.

lol, yea, that would have been overkill.

For the love of God, leave the poor woman alone.

I agree. I remember that moment from the book, but there was no reason to include it in the movie.

There was an article that seemed to be making a fuss out of Universal not making any reference to the movie's release being so close to the Newtown shootings, since a child is shot and killed in the film.

I didn't really get the point - what were they supposed to do? They didn't have a premiere to cancel, but there was a screening in LA that night, but the cast reportedly declined to sing at the dinner afterwards, which they had done in NY a few days earlier. I can imagine it was somber - Hugh and Russell have young kids, and hell, Anne Hathaway had to deal with a tragedy like this with the TDKR opening.

I think they handled it as well as they could, it wasn't something they could remove from the story.

I know Deadline said earlier this week that audiences gave the film a coveted "A" cinemascore, but I was just checking other sites and Rotten Tomatoes has 86% of its users say they liked it, with an average rating of 4.2/5, and on Fandango, the users ranked it as a "Must Go" which is the highest a film gets on that site.

Word of mouth should continue to be excellent. :up:

Well, these people liked it....and this is SO mean!! :funny:

[YT]DOr3JlRPs1w[/YT]

Also, found it interesting what my most listened to songs from the soundtrack are. So different from my cast recordings, where ODM generally reigns supreme. :p

34qs4uw.png

The soundtrack is so short (someone give us that complete recording, please :argh:), that I've just been finding myself listening to it straight through, more often than not.

Although, I'm loving the In My Life/Heart Full of Love section better than I've ever enjoyed it before, especially with the new placement of On My Own right after it. I love how that worked in the film.

One of my friends (who did some casting work for Les Mis back during its first Broadway run) saw the movie last night. She LOVED it.

I agree. I remember that moment from the book, but there was no reason to include it in the movie.

There was an article that seemed to be making a fuss out of Universal not making any reference to the movie's release being so close to the Newtown shootings, since a child is shot and killed in the film.

I didn't really get the point - what were they supposed to do? They didn't have a premiere to cancel, but there was a screening in LA that night, but the cast reportedly declined to sing at the dinner afterwards, which they had done in NY a few days earlier. I can imagine it was somber - Hugh and Russell have young kids, and hell, Anne Hathaway had to deal with a tragedy like this with the TDKR opening.

I think they handled it as well as they could, it wasn't something they could remove from the story.

I don't really know what the person behind that article was looking for from Universal.

I want a 3 disc set, like the complete symphonic recording. :cmad:

"Why are you laughing?!?!" "I'm not laughing!!!"

I love the dad..."We've been to actual funerals for our relatives and didn't cry this much..."

Me and my sister actually did that to my aunt when she was listening to Empty Chairs at Empty Tables years ago...we were hiding just outside the door with the camera taping her falling to pieces.

When I saw it the first time with my friend, we both sobbed non stop. Didn't realize until after that we were probably being a bit disruptive. LOL

Well, these people liked it....and this is SO mean!! :funny:

[YT]DOr3JlRPs1w[/YT]

At the Oscars, instead of showing a clip from the movie during the nominations package, they should just show this video.

When I saw it, there was a group in front us that we could hear asking each other if they brought tissues, and making sure everyone had them. It was hysterical.

My mom and I were a disaster during that last scene. She was passing tissues to me, I was passing tissues to her...

Tom Hooper’s musical crosses $100 million worldwide today in 9 days. Playing this weekend in 8 international territories — Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Hungary and Spain – its overseas gross is now $36.6M. Combined with the U.S. total of $68M expected by Sunday, the worldwide cume should be $115.7M by then.

And it hasn't even opened in the UK yet.

I want this to pass Mamma Mia! LOL

At the Oscars, instead of showing a clip from the movie during the nominations package, they should just show this video.

"We didn't cry like this at funerals for our relatives!" should totally be used as a critics quote in the commercials...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"