Let me just throw this out there...

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
I really enjoy Batman Forever!

Im sorry, but out of the '89 - '97 Batman films, i think Forever is the second best, behind Returns. With Batman being third.

I have watch all four in a row recently from my box set, and just Batman doesnt hold up at all from when i saw it as a kid. Its slow...to slow, It is The Joker's movie 100%, and some of the stuff even Jack does, just doesnt play with me.

Returns i love. I love how dark it is, i hate Batman killing people, but i love the movie. Cause i thought Catwoman was done extremely well.

But with Forever, i think it gets auto. hate cause it being Joels movie. but it is NOTHING like Batman and Robin, aside from that it takes a much more lighten tone, but not even campy to the degree of B and R.

I just love Val Kilmer in the role of Bruce Wayne and i love the dark story he has, plus Nicole Kidman is smoking hot as Dr. Chase without a doubt. And yeah, Two-Face flips the coin more then once and Riddler plays more like The Joker, but look past that, i think it is a very solid movie.

I just always wanted to throw that out there, cause i see Forever getting so much hate, while i really enjoy the movie, hey its not Batman Returns or even close to be on the same level as Begins, but i think it holds up more then Batman and B & R does.

We seem to get a new thread almost every damn week saying a variation of, "Actually, I know it's not popular, but I really enjoy Batman Forever."

However, it sure beats people saying, "It's not dark enough like the comics."

Or someone replying, "Actually, it's a lot like the comics of the 40's to early 70's."

Let's impose an unofficial halt on any discussion of Forever until someone has something new to say. ;)

I know a lot people who think Batman Forever is the second best. Returns was almost too much Burton, so depending on if you like his style or not, you'll either rate above or below Forever.
Forever pretty much set out to do what the wider audience asked which was make it more family orientated (not saying that's a good or bad thing)

Batman Forever is soooo agonisingly close to being something special. I can't put it into words, but I don't have to.

The video game trailer actually captures the atmosphere Schumacher wanted better than the movie.

The Peter David novelisation tells the story much better than the movie, has the entire plot (inc. deleted scenes) and much more. It's an epic, and makes the movie seem like only half the story.

Finally the trading cards captured a perfect menacing-yet-comicbook look that the movie never quite captured.

[YT]Mv6Y0hcpctA[/YT]

bat_metal_print_urban_bat_robin.jpg

bat_metal_print_batman_fury.jpg

bat_metal_print_batman.jpg

bat_metal_print_justice.jpg

bat_metal_print_batman_split.jpg

Same here. I had a lot of them along with the set with movie images.

I couldn't find the tiara picture, so this one will have to do.

That's a great drag queen. It's not The Riddler.

I saw Forever last Sunday and it's not that bad. It's just too superficial and of course it has things that are simply annoying and unacceptable:

- Two Face as a pale reflection of Romero's Joker.
- Batman acting nervous and girly before Chase in the roof. He was kinda escaping and giving her his back once and again, unable to handle the situation, like in a 1950's romantic flick, with Batman being the girl that is.
- Bat-nipples but overall, Bat-butt, WTF.
- Robin. And don't get me wrong, the background for the character was the one I dig the most and O'Donnel is acceptable as Dick Grayson. But once he is actually Robin, he's acting Burt Ward-annoying, like making the worst of homages.

For me, Bat-movies goes from good to bad in the exact order: B89, BR, BF and B&R which is for me the only one that's actually bad and unforgivable.

Those trading cards and Trailers are great, haven't seen that trailer in years.

It has it's flaws but I like Forever as well. There are some really good moments throughout and the action was good. This may tick a few tacks, but I even like Schumacher's Gotham in Forever. It was Tokyo blended with New York. I could have done without the neon thugs, but the neon in the city wasn't bad at all. I also like the statues as long as they're not so big as to where you can actually drive on top of them like in B&R. And besides the scene where he's wearing the tiara and the scene where he's wearing glitter and the silver unitard, I thought Carrey's Riddler was great. He's one of the few characters that can work well as both serious or comical(unlike Freeze and Two Face).

That brings me to good ol' Two Face, one of the movie's downsides but even still managed to have a few cool scenes. The purple makeup was very well done, the detail was brilliant. Ironically, I hated his main split suit. Who next... Chase Meridian is STILL my favorite love interest from the films. I thought her role was definitely something memorable from the movie. Robin, how could I forget about him. He was pretty decent and at the very least proves that Robin can work.

I didn't really like the bat-suits, the first was bearable and wasn't that bad, but the second "sonar suit" was absolutely atrocious. I can't bear even look at it. Don't feel like going on any longer but while it's not my favorite bat-film, I still like it.

Oh, and I don't see how you can say Batman '89 was boring. I rarely get tired of it. It may have a lot of Joker, but it's still a Batman movie. For me it goes:

B'89>Returns>Forever>B&R

I watched my BF DVD over two nights because I just can't sit through the entire movie it just gets too boring.

It still isn't the best Batman movie, Two-Face totally kills it for me and his character isn't fully developed for the audience to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"