The Wolverine Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nell, I get that. When I first saw it, I was a little underwhelmed. But I just knew I saw something with real quality in it and knew that I have to see it again. Now I've watched the extended version three times already. I love it. So many of those good old movie-making skills and moments here. Great acting, and every scene seems to become better and better the more I watch them. Especially the quiet ones. I liked Mangold's earlier movies already for the most part, but now I'm convinced of his skills and love for the cinema.

It's not like this movie is overly deep, but it seems to have subtle layers in it. Absolutely love this film. So much that I updated my previous Mangold favorites Cop Land and 3:10 to Yuma to blu-ray format immediately.

For me, it's not even being "underwhelmed". It's like I said - I prefer the X-Men as a group, and their stories as a group, over the individual stories.

Also, while the vast majority of fans have been asking for this story to be adapted, it wasn't one that I was particularly attached to. I mean, it was a good story... but Logan isn't my favorite character, he's not even a top favorite character, and this wasn't one of my favorite stories from the comics.

But man, the more and more I watch this movie, the more and more I really appreciate how good it was. And like I said, I wasn't underwhelmed the first time. I loved it originally as well. But I can appreciate it more the more I watch it.

Except for the final act lol. I'm not a huge fan of Mecha-Samurai. Not adamantium bullet bad... but still not good haha.

For me, it's not even being "underwhelmed". It's like I said - I prefer the X-Men as a group, and their stories as a group, over the individual stories.

Also, while the vast majority of fans have been asking for this story to be adapted, it wasn't one that I was particularly attached to. I mean, it was a good story... but Logan isn't my favorite character, he's not even a top favorite character, and this wasn't one of my favorite stories from the comics.

But man, the more and more I watch this movie, the more and more I really appreciate how good it was. And like I said, I wasn't underwhelmed the first time. I loved it originally as well. But I can appreciate it more the more I watch it.

Except for the final act lol. I'm not a huge fan of Mecha-Samurai. Not adamantium bullet bad... but still not good haha.

Agreed on the Mech thing. My biggest disappointment with the film was that they didn't keep Shingin as the main villain as he was in the comics. What I loved about the original comic is that you see Shingin beat the crap out of Wolverine (with a wooden bokan to boot), and also break him mentally and emotionally, and we get to see him slowly build his way back up to challenge Shingin again.

I wanted the film to retain that more personal/toned down feel the original 4ish mini had. And it did, except for the last fifteen minutes, which was unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"