Let the Right One In

Just wondering if anyone bought this on Blu-Ray yet? Wanted to know if the Blu-Ray copy has the correct subtitles since I still can't find a DVD copy that has them.

I watched this over the weekend. It was fantastic. Definitely one of the best vampire films.

And Figs, I don't believe it's on Blu Ray yet. I expect foriegn films would take longer to get the transfer.

I watched this over the weekend. It was fantastic. Definitely one of the best vampire films.

And Figs, I don't believe it's on Blu Ray yet. I expect foriegn films would take longer to get the transfer.

Actually, I just checked Amazon.com and they have it for sale already.

I used Google and found this review but it sounds like the subtitles still weren't fixed. :csad::cmad:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2037/letrightonein.html

What's wrong with the subtitles? A bad translation?

What's wrong with the subtitles? A bad translation?

An incompetent translation.

I don't get what the hell they were thinking when they decided to create new subs. The translation that has caused controversy removes all the nuance from the film. These subtitles are bland and lack character.

My favorite? When Haken is about to pour the acid on his face and he says "Eli" and the subtitle reads "I'm trapped!", despite "Eli" being said several times before in the film, translated to "Eli".

It was just poorly put together and completely unnecessary to make new subtitles for a film that already had subtitles. and the way Magnolia handled the criticism was childish and they're way of dealing with putting out correct copies of the DVD was equally silly: rather than recall the incorrect DVDs, they'd wait until stores sold out and then sent them good ones. Also, you couldn't send back the bad discs for replacement ones. So if you had the bad DVD, you'd have to go out and buy it all over again.

so just remember, if the back of the DVD case doesn't say "SUBTITLES: ENGLISH (THEATRICAL)", it's the BAD copy.

as for blu-ray, i don't believe they've released the correct version. But then again, you might have to dig around like everyone had to do to find a corrected DVD.

great movie and a its a crying shame a movie like this does modest numbers whilst a movie like twilight (absolute RUBBISH) rakes it in.

Finally saw this a few days ago.

Felt like a breath of fresh air

With the american version coming it might be good to bump this thread about the original movie

i have enough of this stupid f.... search function from SHH. it never works how it should.

i searched for almsot an hour the other day to see if there is a thread from the original movie.

i have enough of this stupid f.... search function from SHH. it never works how it should.

i searched for almsot an hour the other day to see if there is a thread from the original movie.

Maybe it depends on what you searched on. I searched on the name of the author of the novel, since I was sure there couldn't be many threads with his name in it. :)

While it's not exactly a horror movie, I wouldn't call it a romance either (the movie is definitely not like Twilight, if that is what you might be afraid of... ;)). A coming-of-age story is perhaps the best way to describe it with a few words. If Stephen King had been a Swedish writer and had written a cross between Stand By Me and Salem's Lot the result might have been something like this.

I'm about halfway through the book now, and definitely getting a Salem's Lot vibe from the story. Which is good, since that is my favorite Stephen King book. Not going to watch the movie until I finish the book, but I'll probably have it finished by the weekend.

I'm about halfway through the book now, and definitely getting a Salem's Lot vibe from the story. Which is good, since that is my favorite Stephen King book. Not going to watch the movie until I finish the book, but I'll probably have it finished by the weekend.

Salem's Lot is right up there for me, too. Probably behind Bag of Bones. Also, I've just got the second book by this author, Handling the Undead. Seems great so far. Does for zombies what Let the Right One In does for Vampires.

When I first heard about this remake I was worried. Then I saw Kick Ass. And then I saw The Road. Now I'm not so worried anymore. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"