Sarge 2.0 goes to the movies!

Yes. Unfortunately he's one of the worst parts of the movie. :(

why you hate star trek? there was good acting and special effects. :huh:
I didn't hate it. I just didn't think it was very good as a whole. Plus if you read my review carefully you'll see I praised the acting highly. Also, the CGI was great but the overall visual scheme was a wee bit obnoxious. It didn't bother me as much as it bothered some other people, but it bothered me enough to notice it. It didn't make the film horrible like some people might claim, but it did detract from the film.

Also why iz u concerned? :o

Transformers Review= :applaud

Sarge the voice of cinematic sanity on the Hype.

Also, I recently just got into Twin Peaks, brilliant show.

Thanks, but I'm not the sole voice of taste on here. You've got Episode29 who helped me hone my writing to be more concise, Carmine Falcone, Hunter Rider, Doctor Jones is boning up on classic cinema at the moment I believe, Landerlappen, and several others who are weathering the storm. There used to be a larger portion of cinephiles here, but they've gone the way of the dinosaur. I've contemplated starting a thread devoted to genuine, no nonsense, fanboyism free film criticism but that would ruffle a few feathers I guess. Quite honestly this place isn't so bad. The specific forums (e.g. Hulk forums, Batman forums, Transformers forums) are kind of a wasteland. But Misc. Films isn't so bad. Especially compared to the IMDB boards. The IMDB boards will make you weep for the state of the human race.

And yes, Twin Peaks is really brilliant. Once you've finished the series check out the film "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me", it's twisted, disturbing, and criminally underrated. As a general warning: the overall tone of the film is much different than than the series. And most of the familiar characters are missing entirely. That's due to the fact that there's about two hours worth of footage cut from the film lying around somewhere. Still a great film.

Thanks, but I'm not the sole voice of taste on here. You've got Episode29 who helped me hone my writing to be more concise, Carmine Falcone, Hunter Rider, Doctor Jones is boning up on classic cinema at the moment I believe, Landerlappen, and several others who are weathering the storm. There used to be a larger portion of cinephiles here, but they've gone the way of the dinosaur. I've contemplated starting a thread devoted to genuine, no nonsense, fanboyism free film criticism but that would ruffle a few feathers I guess. Quite honestly this place isn't so bad. The specific forums (e.g. Hulk forums, Batman forums, Transformers forums) are kind of a wasteland. But Misc. Films isn't so bad. Especially compared to the IMDB boards. The IMDB boards will make you weep for the state of the human race.

True, this place is a haven compare to my town which is pretty much a dead zone for any great films.

The IMDB boards is quite possible the worst place on the internet. It will actually lower your intelligence if you visit it enough times.

And yes, Twin Peaks is really brilliant. Once you've finished the series check out the film "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me", it's twisted, disturbing, and criminally underrated. As a general warning: the overall tone of the film is much different than than the series. And most of the familiar characters are missing entirely. That's due to the fact that there's about two hours worth of footage cut from the film lying around somewhere. Still a great film.

I'm definitely picking this up. Not only for more Twin Peaks but because Lynch with Bowie pretty much makes it a must have for me.

Yes. Unfortunately he's one of the worst parts of the movie. :(

And he used to work with the Coen brothers... :csad::csad:

Thanks, but I'm not the sole voice of taste on here. You've got Episode29 who helped me hone my writing to be more concise, Carmine Falcone, Hunter Rider, Doctor Jones is boning up on classic cinema at the moment I believe, Landerlappen, and several others who are weathering the storm. There used to be a larger portion of cinephiles here, but they've gone the way of the dinosaur.

I'm honored to be mentioned in this list of cinephiles. :woot:

I'm definitely picking this up. Not only for more Twin Peaks but because Lynch with Bowie pretty much makes it a must have for me.

You should be warned that he is only in 1 scene though. It's a ****ing brilliant one, but it's only one scene.

Now we're talking Bowie/Lynch, I just love the opening credits of Lost Highway, with that too awesome for words song I'm Deranged from the too weird (and brilliant) album Outside.

Awesome thread you got here Sarge, I don't think I knew about it.

Now that TF2 has sunk in, there are alot of problems I have with it. I still enjoyed it, but it's the humor that gets me the most. That and the stupid twins.

What the hell was a bag of weed doing in a toy movie? I like Bay and all, and I know how he tries to appeal to everyone, but that's too far if you want to appeal to the stoners. Who's to say they're not high while watching it to get the joke anyway?

Well, it was a pot brownie not a bag, but it's still a good point. It's clear that Michael Bay has no idea what people act like when they smoke weed. He could have asked Megan or Shia, but for some reason he decided to do it his own way. :o

For me, like a few others said, the movie didn't grow or learn from the first one. It expanded on the mistakes of the first one. The over-used and often inappropriate humor. Plot holes, too many characters and too much going on at once. This movie could have been written simple and with easy explaination but it had to have an "epic history" and more robots. There were so many problems with it I don't know how to write it all down.

In all, I will never see this movie again. I pledge to it.

PS: I'm very sad you didn't include me on your "movie knowledge" list but you don't know me very wellz any wayz.:csad: I'm a big cinema fan, mostly form the 60's to now not much before that, although I tend to be very pessimistic about films in general.

I normally like Bay films...but T2 was just BAD.
I could literally feel my brain cells dying off one by one with each loud, obnoxious dumb explosive scene.

There were a few scenes that were VERY enjoyable...but for the most part, it was dumber than dumb.

You have to admit though, that no matter how bad RotF was, it inspired heaps of seriously entertaining, and occasionally brilliant, criticism.

To me, watching ROTF was like being absolutely ****faced drunk. It's fun at first, but you're gonna feel like crap later on. But the forest fight was still awesome and probably the biggest saving grace of the movie.

I love ROTF and Twin Peaks. Michael Bay and David Lynch are 2 of my favourite directors. :woot:

Last edited:
You have to admit though, that no matter how bad RotF was, it inspired heaps of seriously entertaining, and occasionally brilliant, criticism.

Yeah, I spent hours on Rotten Tomatoes reading the reviews. My favorite good review just said, "ROBOTS!" My favorite bad review was some lady from Minnesota that had a fake law suit for asking for her "2 and 1/2 hours of time back".

I think my favorite is still "Michael Bay has finally made an art film".

Ebert's comes in a close second.

Well, I liked Turturro in TF2. Though seeing him rip his pants off on IMAX and being on the side he does it was disgusting, I thought the twins were the worst part. How can you make something for kids when you're stereotyping black people? Now little kids are gonna go to school acting like the stupid twins.

I got what I got out of TF2, it's what I expected, but like WeaponX said, it just expanded on the mistakes in the first one which I loved. I don't hate it, hell I don't even know if I want to buy it. I guess I'll give it a 7/10.

At least HBP made up for it.

My biggest problem with ROF is that logically it doesn't make any sense.

It didn't. But don't tell The Guard that. You'll get a paragraph by paragraph dissection which does nothing but explain that the "plot" sort of makes sense on a basic level as long as you fill in the multitude of gaps with speculation and stuff that's on Wikipedia or the "official website" but not actually in the movie. Apparently as long as you include the information somewhere else, you don't have to bother including it in the movie.

Last edited:
While I respect The Guard, (he did great in the Watchmen forum) he does post very long posts explaining things.

But other than that, this is a good thread for non fanboyism. No bias allowed right? Just think in terms of the film itself? If so, I'll like it here alot. No whiney fanboys or HP fans to complain about faithfullness.

It didn't. But don't tell The Guard that. You'll get a paragraph by paragraph dissection which does nothing but explain that the "plot" sort of makes sense on a basic level as long as you fill in the multitude of gaps with speculation and stuff that's on Wikipedia or the "official website" but not actually in the movie. Apparently as long as you include the information somewhere else, you don't have to bother including it in the movie.

Yeah, he's cool but he did spend a long time once arguing with me about whether or not "Wolverine's personality is that of a loner". He explained all the teams and groups he's been apart of so that to him makes him not a loner. The discussion was his personality and I showed him quotes by Stan Lee and Len and Frank Miller all stating that the aura, attitude and personality he has is a loner that is gruff and uninviting. But on and on he went about Wolverine's teams and groups instead of focusing on who the character is in his mind. I just thought it was funny after I looked through Marvel's website and old comics with people around him describing him as a "lone soul" or a "stand-offish personality" or "likes to do things on his own" and "likes to be left alone". It really still makes me laugh thinking about it. Nice guy though.

That's because Marvel ****es Wolverine to the extent where he does fall into the mold as a leader. Which he isn't at all. He is in fact a loner who is reluctant and wants to do things on his own. A loose cannon. Wolverine and the X-Men, is terrible because of this.

But I'm contradicting myself here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"