First Avenger lets talk cap fight scenes

yea i cant wait to see what type of fighting style and fights they will do in captain america.

Cap fighting style - He has blended Judo, Western boxing and gymnastics into his own unique fighting style and is a master of multiple martial arts. I hope Cap's fighting will be kicking some guys ass in the movie, he should be a one man army.

It has to be Kirby-esque.

Cap in action should be an explosion of acrobatic energy and power, blasting into people and taking down multiple enemies at once.

hopefully something epic like this
for a one on one scene with the shield

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZs48lJXhxM[/YT]

Obviously his mobility and agility combined with power is vital, then some inventive uses of the shield. As for a specific sequence I'd like to see, I'd like to see Cap and Red Skull battling atop a tank. :woot:

After seeing the black widow fight in iron man 2, I imagine that cap's fight scenes will be similar but even more acrobatic and brutal. I wanna see cap doing flip kicks and such but also some elbowing. I hope they use Parkour guys to do the stunts, as they can pull off some amazing acrobatic moves. More importantly, I hope they don't resort to cgi for the acrobatics/fights no matter how crazy the move is I'm sure it can be done by parkour stunt guys :cap:

Last edited:
I think you said the key word there superkong "BRUTAL" I wanna see Cap put a hurtin on some dudes. It should be made clear that Super Soldier vs. normal dude means getting your butt kicked bad.

yea hopefully. and yea parkour guys would be cool for stunts, heck i would love to see parkour guys on board the spidey reboot.

The Bourne Identity type fights with more gymnastics and shield throws.

it'll probably be quite similar to what Tim Roth did in Incredible Hulk, which I thought was pretty cool although faster, stronger and better... I liked the acrobatics and moves in that film. The American Captain needs to be more brutal, stronger and move faster like a panther, maybe they can call him the American Panther or Panther American

will Ilahi strike though?

I want Caps abilities to make Black Widow's lucha libre from IM2 and Blonsky's acrobatics against the Hulk in TIH look like ****.

I want to see Cap just go into battle and kick like 10 Nazi's asses at once.

Hoping for a D-Day scene.

Cap's fighting style should be a mixture of what the black widow did in IM2 and how Steven Segal fought in his early movies... BRUTAL and quick with no wasted motions.

I really would like Caps fighting style being much more dynamic than Segal or Bourne. Besides his punching I want to see alot of kicks and crazy flips. His fighting style has to be his own born from his combination of agility, speed, endurance, and strength as well as his awareness and use of his surroundings.

Last edited:
A lot of you guys are suggesting fighting styles that didn't even exist in the time period this film is in. :huh:

The Bourne Identity type fights with more gymnastics and shield throws.

Bingo!!!

I was just about to say this. Cap should fight like Jason Bourne but with gymnastics as part of his reportoir.

P.S. No quick cut edits and for the love of cheese, no shakey cam!

A lot of you guys are suggesting fighting styles that didn't even exist in the time period this film is in. :huh:

They didn't but the way I see it is that cap created his own fighting style based on what he learned in training and his ability to do extremely acrobatic movements.

Meaning that the style or technique could pass as a very advanced fighting style that only he (in his human peek condition) can perform.
He can take what he knows to the extreme.

Plus it doesn't have to be a specific style but several modern styles mixed and modified with all the acrobatic stuff so it ends up being something unique. Afterall cap is supposed to look like someone ahead of his time in terms of how he fights.

Last edited:
They didn't but the way I see it is that cap created his own fighting style based on what he learned in training and his ability to do extremely acrobatic movements.

Meaning that the style or technique could pass as a very advanced fighting style that only he (in his human peek condition) can perform.
He can take what he knows to the extreme.

Plus it doesn't have to be a specific style but several modern styles mixed and modified with all the acrobatic stuff so it ends up being something unique. Afterall cap is supposed to look like someone ahead of his time in terms of how he fights.

:woot:

I'm not suggesting that Cap fight like Ray Mysterio Jr. I'm suggesting that his fighting style be both acrobatic and quick... but also BRUTAL. He would disable enemy troops as quickly as possible to save his life and the lives of the GIs he's with. I liked the fight choreography in the Black Widow fight because it wasn't a shaky cam (close up) but fluid and quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"