Life On Mars

The ending makes me retroactively love this show... I am gonna get the dvds.

really?

I'm going to have to sit on this one for a while. It had to involve space but man was that a heck of a sucker punch.

That was weird. It was during episode two of Season one I believe that they showed Sam in 2008 in a coma in a hospital. Could have awakened from the Coma.

Yeaup. I had seen a few episodes.... but knew it was doomed to be a one season wonder... which took away from me getting really into it. (Goddamn you Surface.) But I liked the end and glad it actually has an end... which will make getting into it a lot easier.

I'm going to have to sit on this one for a while. It had to involve space but man was that a heck of a sucker punch.
It was completely a sucker punch. But... could it really be anything but a sucker punch in the end?

And isn't it great that it ended on April Fools?

I wonder how many alternate endings they shot cause I can't believe they went with just one. The whole sleeping astronaut fit all the clues but I bet they have different versions of it.

I'm OK with the ending, but I'm wondering what was the point of showing Sam reading to old Annie in the nursing home in 2010 if the whole thing was just supposed to be a simulation program.

And I suppose Lisa Bonet's character from 2008 never existed at all? Maybe she was Sam's ex-girlfriend in 2035.

I'm OK with the ending, but I'm wondering what was the point of showing Sam reading to old Annie in the nursing home in 2010 if the whole thing was just supposed to be a simulation program.

I think it was supposed to represent the travel connecting them. Gulliver's Travels.

I wonder how many alternate endings they shot cause I can't believe they went with just one. The whole sleeping astronaut fit all the clues but I bet they have different versions of it.
They probably have written a few endings for the series... then just went with the easiest when they were canceled. [/Captain Obvious]

Some people on IMDB are comparing it to Dallas or St. Elsewhere, but the whole space rover/spaceman has been there since the beginning so it's hard to feel like this ending came out of panic.

I'm just not sure this space ending was the best version. I'll have to watch it again.

I like the hint of Sam and Annie still ending up together.

Last edited:
I really dug the ending. It wasn't COMPLETELY out of left field, as "virtual reality simulation" was on Sam's list right along with the more accepted reasons "coma" and "time travel". And yet it was pretty unexpected, which, these days, I can definitely appreciate.

And I loved the little references to Bowie's song, like Rose's line "Look at those cavemen go." Neat.

Yeah, I love it too now. After thinking about it, I realized just how unclear and open to interpretation the ending actually was. To borrow the Brits term, it was BRILLIANT!

And the shoe on Mars was a great last shot.... and completely obvious one also. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"