Life On Mars

It actually looks waaaaay better then that video clip.

So I guess the Mars Rover is supposed to replace the creepy Test Card Girl. I liked the ep. better than the first, but I'm still a little sour on this show.

What's wrong? I like it. This feels more American, as it should. The hippy neighbor was great. I'm still waiting for them to fully move the characters into new adventures with the personalities they are developing.

The show is alright, I just really liked the original and it's hard for me not to compare. The interaction between Sam and Gene in this version just doesn't measure up. But I do like seeing them do different things with the series, like having the hippie neighbor.

The British show was awsome.
I saw a few clips of the American version on youtube and it didn't look great tbh.
I like Harvey Keitel though.

Last edited:
Problem with this show is it's going to last about 10 series......

Good episode, I LOVED when Harvey smashed that gay basher with the chair. Awesome. :D

Did anyone see the pre-air? Colm Meaney was Gene Hunt. I'm glad they replaced him with Harvey K but the original UK version is still the superior show. American TV always remake shows and movies from around the world. Does anyone remake an American production for their own country? I can think of any other then games shows.

India remakes a ton of American movies and such, other then that...there are a few cultural influences in other countries.

On another site someone speculated that Windy isn't real.

BBC America has recently been running promos about how they're "the birthplace of American television" since a bunch of stuff like Life On Mars, The Office, and Little Britain (soon to be followed by Little Britain USA) became BBC America hits before executives at ABC, NBC, and HBO decided to remake them. They're kinda patting themselves on the back for exposing us to these shows first.

This show is easily the best of this fall season yet I get this sinking feeling it's going to be cancelled very soon. Anyone know the current ratings? I think Life on Mars should be moved to a different day and timeslot. I have no idea why it's on after Ugly Betty.

I know I'm the only person still watching this "terminally ill" show, but damn it's good. I'll just enjoy it until it's gone!!!:csad:

More time travel conspiracies, YaY!

I tried watching it, but the UK version was fantastic and sort of colored my perception of what this version should be but isn't. I think the main problem is Keitel. You get the sense from his performances that he's just tired and worn out, which doesn't work as well as Glenister's very active, raucous performance as Hunt to me. Also, O'Mara and Keitel just don't have the same chemistry that Simm and Glenister had. I know it's unfair to compare the two, but I can't help it.

Last edited:
Does anyone remake an American production for their own country?

I tried watching it, but the UK version was fantastic and sort of colored my perception of what this version should be but isn't. I think the main problem is Keitel. You get the sense from his performances that he's just tired and worn out, which doesn't work as well as Glenister's very active, raucous performance as Hunt to me. Also, O'Mara and Keitel just don't have the same chemistry that Simm and Glenister had. I know it's unfair to compare the two, but I can't help it.

that's exactly how I feel.

BBC America has recently been running promos about how they're "the birthplace of American television" since a bunch of stuff like Life On Mars, The Office, and Little Britain (soon to be followed by Little Britain USA) became BBC America hits before executives at ABC, NBC, and HBO decided to remake them. They're kinda patting themselves on the back for exposing us to these shows first.
You realise that BBC America is an American company? BBC just sells em stuff. Some BBC programmes are produced in co-operation with BBC America as well - i.e. they chip in some of the cash and get exclusive rights and split the profits.

Did anyone see the pre-air? Colm Meaney was Gene Hunt. I'm glad they replaced him with Harvey K but the original UK version is still the superior show. American TV always remake shows and movies from around the world. Does anyone remake an American production for their own country? I can think of any other then games shows.

Law and Order UK is proberly the 1st in 10 million shows be remade, although the BBC did make Coupling which was remade in the US which is quite funny because Coupling was suppose to be a remake itself of Friends...:lmao:

Is that Christopher from The Sopranos. whos he playing, Chris or Ray??

Alright Corp. Have you seen Ashes to Ashes yet??

I'm not sure what else it could have been but man that was a strange way to go out. I was hoping he was brain-damaged in space from a failing space station, but wha...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"