Life On Mars

What a pile of Piss that American version looks!!!!!!!!!! :cmad:

Tht trailer for the American version reminded me of those little tangent scenes on Family Guy and if that's anything to judge by I don't think I will be watching that pile of crap.

TiVoed the first episode, waited a long time to watch this show. Will watch it later in the week.

The English version or the American version???

The English version of course. :woot:

The American version should air in the fall. The pilot they shot was from last year and now they're re doing it all over again. The American version has taken forever to get onto the network.

Looks like we've found this years Viva Laughlin; a crappy American remake of a modern British classic.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2008/07/25/6266186-zap.html

Harvey Keitel lands on 'Mars'
Oscar-nominated actor joins ABC series
By Zap2It.com

The reworked "Life on Mars" has landed a highly recognizable face for one of its central roles: Harvey Keitel.

The "Reservoir Dogs" star and "Bugsy" Oscar nominee has signed on to ABC's version of the British hit about present-day cop Sam Tyler (Jason O'Mara), who's transported back to 1973 after being hit by a car. Keitel will play Detective Gene Hunt, Sam's boss in the 1970s version of the NYPD, according to several news reports.

"Life on Mars" will be the first regular TV role in Keitel's decades-long career. His last TV appearance came in the controversial ABC telefilm "The Path to 9/11" in 2006.

Keitel is replacing Colm Meaney, who played the part in the original pilot (Philip Glenister played Hunt in the BBC series). Aside from O'Mara, very little from the first pilot, which was written by David E. Kelley, is remaining. Showrunners Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum have moved the show's setting from Los Angeles to New York (filming will also take place in the Big Apple), and most of the parts are being recast too.

Former "Sopranos" star Michael Imperioli will also be part of the show, playing another of Sam's new colleagues.

Keitel's credits also include "Pulp Fiction," "Bad Lieutenant," "National Treasure" and "The Piano."

that looked bad and .....tacty ....will see it lol just to see how bad or maybe just maybe if it is goodish.

so...wait...

first they remake a brittish show thats already gone down as one ofthe best sci fi/crime drama's ever made into god knows what kinda of crap...then they change everything from the first episode:huh:

thats gonna screw up continuity on the dvd...

so...wait...

first they remake a brittish show thats already gone down as one ofthe best sci fi/crime drama's ever made into god knows what kinda of crap...then they change everything from the first episode:huh:

thats gonna screw up continuity on the dvd...

They're apparently re-doing the first episode.

It's just wrong isn't it guys lol But it just looks more like a comdy show...I mean the way the trailers done it doesn't seen serious like our LOM was, yeah it had funny parts but...this doesn't look that good.....................

So, I'm watching Season 2 right now, and I totally love this show. A friend told me that the final episode is just awesome.

I was disappointed. Mostly because everything just felt like a pale imitation of the original series.

I never saw the original, but I thought this was pretty damn good. :up:

he's no john simm but he doesn't look too bad. I doubt we'll get a gene hunt as good as the original and was that meant to be annie? Homely sweet annie? you americans! ;)

This was pretty good. I hope it sticks around. It has a completely different feel than the Brit original.

Harvey Keitel is awesome and Gretchen Mol is great.

he's no john simm but he doesn't look too bad. I doubt we'll get a gene hunt as good as the original and was that meant to be annie? Homely sweet annie? you americans! ;)

heh, they definitely sexed her up, but in general we don't have too many homely leading ladies on television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"