Linux Users

D4rkShaDoWz

I can do this all day
Reaction score
Are there any Linux users here? Anywho, I want to try Ubuntu which is a free linux OS. i know i have to download the ISO but what after that? do i make a partition? any users please help lol - it looks interesting to use.

linux.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

Linux (IPA pronunciation: /ˈlɪnʊks/) is a Unix-like computer operating system. Linux is one of the most prominent examples of free software and open source development; its underlying source code can be freely modified, used, and redistributed by anyone.[1]

The Linux kernel was first released to the public on 17 September 1991, for the Intel x86 PC architecture. The kernel was augmented with system utilities and libraries from the GNU project to create a usable operating system, which later led to the alternate term GNU/Linux.[2] Linux is now packaged for different uses in Linux distributions, which contain the sometimes modified kernel along with a variety of other software packages tailored to different requirements.

:yay:

just figured out what do do. i have to make a partition on my hard drive and install on the partition. but i might want to install on a external drive (if it's possible) to risk loosing my OS

What's make Linux better then Mac and Windows? Does linux have a crystally glass effect to it?

Linux is whatever you want it to be. it's easily skin able and theres so many versions to get!

ubuntu is the one i'm going to try: http://www.ubuntu.com/

ubuntu-on-wubi-on-winxp.png

Download ISO.
Burn ISO using Disc Jugger or MagickISO.
Insert CD into computer and restart.
Experiment around with it, The Desktop will load right from the disk, make sure all your hardware is working fine and you can connect to the internet.
If you enjoy it, install it onto your hard-drive.

Quick little note to you, your gonna need to know alot of shell commands and programming info to install programs, but UBUNTU has that nifty service of letting you download and install software without having to know the inner workings of an OS Kernel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"