Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18885
Source: Variety
February 13, 2007

kanelynch.jpg
Lionsgate has acquired screen rights to Eidos Interactive videogame Kane & Lynch, which has not yet been released, says Variety.

Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter will produce. Howard Sun will co-produce.

The game teams mercenary Kane with schizophrenic named Lynch. They meet while being transported to death row, only to be attacked and kidnapped by Kane's former team. The unlikely duo is forced to retrieve a stolen fortune that Kane has hidden.

The Kane & Lynch deal is the second between Eidos and the producers, who are in pre-production at 20th Century Fox on Hitman, an adaptation of an Eidos game to star Timothy Olyphant.

Askarieh and Alter have a Rogue Pictures deal for Hack/Slash and Lost Squad, both based on entries from the Devil's Due Publishing comic book series. Askarieh is also producing Spy-Hunter at Universal.

Never heard of the game but i guess it must be hotly tipped to be big if the rights are getting snapped up pre-release,i gotta say the premise sounds interesting

I heard it was inspired by Heat and one of the characters is like Waingro? Or am I completely wrong?

WTF?
The first game hasn't even be released, and they are already going ahead with lans to make it into a film.
My guess is this will be put on the backburner if the game sucks, and Knowing Eidos, It probably will.

WTF?
The first game hasn't even be released, and they are already going ahead with lans to make it into a film.

Same thing happened with that popular classic, Ballistic: Ecks Versus Sever, which everybody in the world hates. Every single person.

I'm not sure why this is going to be a movie. It's based on/inspired by/just like Heat and Collateral.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2029

Lee To Raise Kane And Lynch

By: Kellvin Chavez
Source: Variety

Jieho Lee is in negotiations to direct Lionsgate's "Kane and Lynch," an actioner based on the upcoming videogame by Eidos Interactive.

Company is fast-tracking the project, with hopes of shooting sometime in the fall using one of two scripts -- from either Kyle Ward or Lee and Bob DeRosa -- that are being penned at the same time.

Plot of the pic will mimic that of the game, which hits retail in the fall. Mercenary Kane and medicated psychopath Lynch meet while being transported to death row and team to seek revenge on a shadowy organization for which Kane once worked.

Game is published by Eidos ("Tomb Raider") and produced by IO Interactive, creator of the popular "Hitman" franchise.

Lee most recently helmed drama "The Air I Breathe," which he co-wrote with DeRosa. Forest Whitaker, Brendan Fraser, Andy Garcia, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kevin Bacon and Emile Hirsch star.

Ward, a former assistant at DreamWorks, sold his first script, "Fiasco Heights," to Universal last month, with Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes banner attached to produce.

Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter will produce "Kane and Lynch," with Howard Sun co-producing. Askarieh and Alter are in production on the feature adaptation of "Hitman," which Fox will release in October.

The duo also have "Hack/Slash" and "Lost Squad," based on the Devil's Due Publishing comicbooks, set up at Rogue Pictures. Askarieh is also producing "Spy Hunter" at Universal, based on Midway's popular vidgame.

been waiting for the game for months

I think the game looks great, and I'm sure it can make a solid movie from the sound of it, so I'm all for it.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/816/816946p1.html

Kane & Lynch Scoop!
IGN has the skinny on the game-to-film.
by Stax

US, August 30, 2007 - IGN has learned that Lionsgate is so wildly enthusiastic about Kyle Ward's script for the videogame-to-film adaptation Kane & Lynch that the studio is fast-tracking the project to begin shooting this fall.

We have also heard that several big-name actors are being considered for the title roles, including one A-lister whose identity we're not currently at liberty to disclose but who we're told is eager to do the film and likes Ward's script.

Variety reported in May that two scripts had been in the works for the project, though the plan was to use only one of them. Ward was scripting one, while Jieho Lee and Bob DeRosa penned the other. Now we've confirmed that Ward's draft has won out.

The story will parallel that of the Eidos game, which involves a mercenary named Kane and a "medicated psychopath" called Lynch. The two encounter one another while en route to death row, and together they decide to embark on a quest for revenge against Kane's former employers, one of those mysterious and covert organization types.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/835/835385p1.html

Kane & Lynch Casting Buzz
Bandits rumored to be Dead Men; Bay NOT producing.
by Stax

US, November 14, 2007 - Two rumored contenders for the title roles in Lionsgate's feature film adaptation of the Eidos videogame Kane & Lynch: Dead Men have reportedly surfaced.

Blog.Wired.com points out an article at Business.TimesOnline.co.uk that claims "Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton are said to be in the running to play Kane and Lynch, two escapees from death row - one 'a flawed mercenary', the other 'a medicated psychopath'."

IGN checked with sources close to the Kane & Lynch movie who could neither confirm nor deny the involvement of either Willis or Thornton with the project at this time. The actors previously worked together on Armageddon, Bandits and The Astronaut Farmer.

Wired made a mistake, however, in its blog posting, saying that filmmaker Michael Bay was going to produce Kane & Lynch. That is not the case. As the TimesOnline article makes clear, Bay is actually producing Fiasco Heights, which was penned by Kane & Lynch screenwriter Kyle Ward.

I hope it's a better as a movie. The game's been getting bad reviews all around.

So another bad Bruce Willis movie is being made.
Wonder how Fat Jeff will review this...

I've actually played the game, and it's not that bad.

Bruce Willis is made for the role.

I know Bruce and Billy Bob Thornton were both linked to this a while ago, but given the game wasn't well reviewed (Not sure how well it sold) i thought the movie was off.

I know Bruce and Billy Bob Thornton were both linked to this a while ago, but given the game wasn't well reviewed (Not sure how well it sold) i thought the movie was off.

I think that may have had some effect, but I doubt they'll follow the film storyline closely.

Woah bruce willis? Who would be the other guy? John Malkovich maybe? I dont want bruce willis to be the main guy.

Woah bruce willis? Who would be the other guy? John Malkovich maybe? I dont want bruce willis to be the main guy.

While Kane is the main character, Lynch is as important. Kane is the serious one, and Lynch is the comedic relief. Billy Bob Thorton wouldn't be bad, but I hope it's someone else.

While Kane is the main character, Lynch is as important. Kane is the serious one, and Lynch is the comedic relief. Billy Bob Thorton wouldn't be bad, but I hope it's someone else.

It would have to be someone on par with bruce willis right?

I mean i dont want like the kid in Live Free Or Die Hard.

It would have to be someone on par with bruce willis right?

I mean i dont want like the kid in Live Free Or Die Hard.

It definitely has to be someone who can contradict Bruce Willis in a scene without fearing John Mclane showing up the next morning on his doorstep.

The game was bloody awful, but the story has promise. It could be a good film if done right, they best not wimp out and make it PG-13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"