The Hitman

-hitman smiling.

is this a f.... joke?

when i saw him smiling i got extreme angry. then when i came home i just had to go on the internet to see how long this movie is. because it felt very very very short.
at least it was R

p.s. what was the story of this movie?

i just got around to watching this... meh. not a bad movie, just not a terribly good hitman movie. there were too many unnecessary changes for apparently no good reason.

but as a movie it was decent. good action, nice cinematography, good direction, capable acting, the story cold have been better, and less convoluted, but...

all in all, not bad. i gave it a 7. it was watchable, especially if you're not a hardcore fan of the games.

As a Hitman movie, this sucked. As an action movie, this sucked. As any kind of movie, this sucked. I'm glad I got a free ride to see this, because I had paid for it, I would have been ripped off.

It was a joke.

As much as a like the games, apart from the action in the movie, I'd see it again just for Olga Kurylenko's scenes. Good lord she was amazing. :o

As much as a like the games, apart from the action in the movie, I'd see it again just for Olga Kurylenko's scenes. Good lord she was amazing. :o

i had no idea who she was before this movie.... she was an added bonus for me.

is this a deleted scene?

I think that was a promo pic...if you look at him, then look at her, the lighting is totally different on them...he looks photoshopped in.

yeah you right. now that you said it.....it looks very obvious

That isn't a deleted scene. That is the scene that was SUPPOSED to be in place of that awful sword fight, but, as we know from AVP and the PG-13 Die Hard, Fox knows best, and a sword fight beats a brutal shoot out any day :|

It IS a real scene, if you watch the trailers there is footage from that scene in them, and the entire thing will be available as an alternative scene in the extras of the DVD, coming March 11th.

This is what EVERYONE needs to know about this movie:

A few weeks before release, Xavier Gens (Director) submitted HIS version of Hitman to Fox. In response, they ordered reshoots and got their nancy boy editor Nicholas de Tosser to overrule Xavier's say when it comes to the editing of the movie. This is why the movie was put back until late November. Seriously, try to find the russian trailers on the internet and watch how brutal they are, then look at what Fox did to it.

The script is EXTREMELY good. Seriously, it's so dark and brutal, like Hostel with Agent 47. Even Nika had a distrubing past in the script. But oh no, Fox knows best. I wouldn't be suprised if Xavier's version of the movie was pushing 2 hours. Xavier Gens aimed to make a Hitman movie that was loyal to the games and captured the feel of it, Fox wanted a pop-corn action flick, and they almost managed to screw that up. I enjoyed this movie, but I hope for the love of everything 'Hitman' that Fox release a Director's Cut.

Hopefully the DVD had a Director's Cut or Unrated Version that I will like better, like Die Hard 4 did.

I'm interested to see a director's cut, because I thought the movie was bad and barely faithful to the games at all apart from 47's appearance.

And I'm a big Hitman fan.

There are 4 versions of this movie coming.

Thanks to Following_Protocol on IMDb for this:

Expected Release Date: 11th March 2008

Run Time: Nothing official yet, but a number of sites have reported 94 minutes, which is the same length as the theatrical cut (credits included). I don't know how this could work, you can't exactly have something be 'unrated' when it's just the same as the 'rated' version. But maybe it's just lack of information, so they're just putting 94 minutes down for now.

Ok, so I have been hearing from a lot of people (guys I know that work with some reliable online websites) that Fox have described this as a "never-before-seen" cut of the movie. Now that may not be 100% true, as they probably mean the entire thing as a full feature and are just 'playing' with words, but it sure is 'comforting' (in a way).

After checking on the FoxStore, I found that a lot of their 'unrated' products have the same running time as the theatrical cuts. Don't exactly understand how that works, but it still makes this look pretty dissapointing.

I doubt the unrated cut will be the version Xavier Gens had approved, but it's still something. At this moment, even though I was dissapointed by the theatrical cut of this movie, I still hope for a sequel, because I think that is the only chance we have of seeing a Director's cut. I doubt Fox would want us to go and see their sequel with the bitter taste of this movie still in out mouth.

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. I CANNOT CONFIRM THAT THE UNRATED CUT OF THE MOVIE WILL BE ANY LONGER, WHICH SUCKS, BUT WE'LL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. IF IT TURNS OUT THAT IT IS NO LONGER, DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU'RE PISSED OFF. UNRATED GENERALLY DOESN'T MEAN EXTENDED, SO DON'T EXPECT TO SEE ANY MAJOR NEW FOOTAGE IN IN THE MOVIE.

Versions of the movie:

Special [unrated] Edition (Also available on Blu-Ray):

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7876/dvdsebx4.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4606/brsewk9.jpg

Features:

-Disc 1: Widescreen [unrated] Feature
-Forced Trailers - Alien vs. Predator: Requiem, Hitman Teaser Trailer, Hitman Theatrical Trailer
- In the Crosshairs Featurette
-Digital Hits Featurette
-Instruments of Destruction Featurette
-Para-Ordnance P18.9 Featurette
-Blaser R93 LRS2 Featurette
-M16 Featurette
-FN F2000 Featurette
-Micro Uzi Featurette M240 Featurette
-Settling the Score Featurette
-Deleted Scenes - Ovie's Pool Scene, Hospital Scene, A Different Train Platform, Udre's Death, Alternate Ending*
-Gag Reel
-Disc 2: Digital Copy
-Portable Digital Copy of Hitman

The above applies to both the Standard DVD and Blu-Ray versions, obviously tech differences between them (Audio and Visual).

Full Frame [rated] Edition:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7316/dvdfsfh4.jpg

-Disc 1 Side A: Full Screen [rated] Feature
-Forced Trailers - Alien vs. Predator: Requiem, Death Sentence, Bachelor Party 2
-Special Features:
-Ovie's Pool Scene
-Hospital Scene
-A Different Train Platform
-Udre's Death
-Alternate Ending*
-Disc 1 Side B: Widescreen [rated] Version

Widescreen [unrated] Edition:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/731/dvdwsez1.jpg

-Disc 1 Side A: Full Screen [rated] Feature
-Forced Trailers - Alien vs. Predator: Requiem, Death Sentence, Bachelor Party 2
-Special Features:
-Ovie's Pool Scene
-Hospital Scene
-A Different Train Platform
-Udre's Death
-Alternate Ending*

AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT WITH MORE DETAIL IS EXPECTED SHORTLY, I SHALL KEEP YOU POSTED.

Still, we NEED a Director's Cut. An unrated cut won't put back all those cut scenes.

if i've never played the game would this be a good movie?

answer objectively people.

Well since barely anything is from the game, you might enjoy it. It's basically a generic action movie.

I looked for the old Hitman topic but couldn't seem to find it. Feel free to merge if it still exists.

Thoughts on the unrated HITMAN DVD? I watched it and I must say it's a much more violent version than the theatrical one. This is one movie that actually lives up to the "Unrated" label they smack on so many DVDs these days.

The movie itself is still very flawed, but the unrated extra violence makes the movie a lot better.

Oh really? I'll definitely be having to pick it up then. I liked Hitman, wasn't as greast as it could have been but still pretty good.

I like this movie a lot, specially Olga! when she was naked.

Oh here we go.

I was pleasently surprised with all the added shootouts and blood in the unrated version. I still don't like how they tried to make the movie Bourne Identity.

Most of the spots where they cut away from the shootouts in the theatre are back in the unrated edition.

One of the best ones is where he kills all the dudes in the elevator. Instead of cutting away and hearing gunshots, there's a crazy violent scene where he shoots them. It's way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"