The Hitman

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
Timothy Olyphant to Play Hitman
Source: Ain't It Cool News
December 5, 2006

Ain't It Cool News reports that Timothy Olyphant has landed the title role in the adaptation of the Eidos video game Hitman, Vin Diesel was previously attached to star in the role.

The site has learned that the script by Skip Woods (Swordfish) has received the green light from 20th Century Fox.

Luc Besson will co-produce along with Chuck Gordon, Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter. The film dould be in theaters as early as next fall.

Olyphant also stars as Bruce Willis' nemesis in Fox's Live Free or Die Hard.

I think he's a good actor. I;ve liked him in Go,Scream 2,The Girl Next Door.

So this should be cool to see. i like all of his work i've seen so far.

Definitely not what I would've expected, I think I still would've preferred Jason Statham, but Timothy Olyphant is a pretty kick ass guy. An interesting choice, better then Vin Diesel IMO.

Go Olyphant :up: , I love his acting in Rockstar and Dreamcatcher. Very underated guy.

Wolfwood said:
Definitely not what I would've expected, I think I still would've preferred Jason Statham, but Timothy Olyphant is a pretty kick ass guy. An interesting choice, better then Vin Diesel IMO.

Statham is getting too cliche in that type of role. I am so glad that Olyphant got it I loved his casting in Die Hard 4 and think he is an amazing actor.

Way better choice. It's so ******ed when people can't comprehend the notion of non-bald actors for bald roles or think that already bald actors MUST BE better, much less THE BEST POSSIBLE CHOICE , IE Patrick Stewart as Xavier (he wasn't). Vin Diesel would have been just as if more unimaginative. The notion of Jason Statham would have been as bad and unimaginative a type-cast as both of those combined, considering the gigantic retread overlap that would have been pointed out with the Transporter. Yeah, one makes hits, one makes deliveries. But their still underworld badasses in suits who are fairly recent mediocre pop culture characters.

it's called a
bic.bmp
, look into it

Actually looking at all of the pictures of him I am surprised I never noticed how much he looks the role. Awesome choice.

I'm not sure if he has the right face for it, but I like the guy so I'm not worried.

I have no idea what he looks like but Red and Zer00 seem to like him so i guess he fits the part

Ah i thought i recognized the name,i watched the first season of Deadwood,yes he shall do nicely for this role i think

BT18 said:
Way better choice. It's so ******ed when people can't comprehend the notion of non-bald actors for bald roles or think that already bald actors MUST BE better, much less THE BEST POSSIBLE CHOICE , IE Patrick Stewart as Xavier (he wasn't). Vin Diesel would have been just as if more unimaginative. The notion of Jason Statham would have been as bad and unimaginative a type-cast as both of those combined, considering the gigantic retread overlap that would have been pointed out with the Transporter. Yeah, one makes hits, one makes deliveries. But their still underworld badasses in suits who are fairly recent mediocre pop culture characters.

Blasphemy!!!

BT18 said:
Way better choice. It's so ******ed when people can't comprehend the notion of non-bald actors for bald roles or think that already bald actors MUST BE better, much less THE BEST POSSIBLE CHOICE , IE Patrick Stewart as Xavier (he wasn't).

And thus your argument is irrelevant. To say anyone could have done better than Stewart as Xavier, I just can't agree with it. Aside from the asthetics of him already looking the part, Stewart brought the warmth and authority you expect from Xavier. There was sincerity in his voice that made you believe in Xavier's message.

Now I'm convinced. There IS a god. I'm glad Vin Diesel didn't get the role, I don't have anything against the man but he simply didn't fit the part at all.

Though I would've prefered Michael T. Weiss in the role of Agent 47.

mtw_11.jpg
contracts.jpg

10791026.jpg

Really wanted Michael T Weiss (the pretender) for the role but I'm glad they didnt go with Vin. Timothy reminds me more of Max Payne anyway cant wait to see how he turns out in the role

I have to agree that automatically choosing Statham would be way too contrived. He's already played a lesser version of Agent 47 about 6 times in movies as it is.

another video game movie, and yet theres still no Zelda!!!

Wolfwood said:

Same here, Statham as Hitman would've been great.

I haven't seen Timothy Olyphant in anything or played any of the games so I'm indifferent.

Also, if people decided to stop making video game movies completely, I'd be OK with that.

Max J Power said:
I haven't seen Timothy Olyphant in anything or played any of the games so I'm indifferent.

Also, if people decided to stop making video game movies completely, I'd be OK with that.

Play a Hitman game then you will see why it would make a great movie. The games are already so movie-like it would be hard to screw it up.

Much better than Vin.....I'm hoping he'll do well..he has a sinister face

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back