Lionsgate Adapting Eidos' Kane & Lynch

The game was bloody awful, but the story has promise. It could be a good film if done right, they best not wimp out and make it PG-13.

I didn't think the game was too awful, but it definitely wasn't something I wanted to revisit again.

I've never even heard of this game, but while its reception seems lackluster, I think it's an intriguing premise for a cool action movie.

An assassin and a psycho working together on bank heists, ransom attempts and shootouts to get out of the hands of a group of mercs? Hell yeah!

And Willis does look like a dead ringer for the Kane character. I wouldn't be surprised if he was modelled with him in mind.

kane-and-lynch1.jpg

Actually, if anything, I think Richard Burgi of Desperate Housewives and Hostel 2 fame looks more like him.

I agree with Riven, this could be the reverse of most game to movie adaptions, where they take a poor game with a cool concept and make it into a good action flick.

I guess it could work.

Kane and Lynch is basically a game made from movies though. In the kind of way that GTA: Vice City is. Could be dangerous.

Plus, the producers from Hitman, who feel no shame in screwing over the director by putting a sword fight into his previously hard-R movie, and letting him take the fall. I wouldn't trust them yet.

Lol. What are the chances someone's gonna complain about the race change?

Ill go low since I dont think anyone really cares about this game.

Jamie as a schizophrenic. Could be interesting.

So is this white serious guy and black comic relief?

I think I've seen this a million times before already.

Is that how it is in the game?

Just going by the pictures in the thread, both of these guys look like badasses. So I just assumed Jamie would be playing a badass schizophrenic.

So is this white serious guy and black comic relief?

I think I've seen this a million times before already.

Not really, it would be like if Bruce Willis from The Last Boy Scout and Nicolas Cage from Bad Lieutenant teamed up, but Cage was black.

The links to Kyle Ward's twitter are broken. Did he confirm Foxx is Lynch? Foxx could just as easily be a member of The Seven.

yeah lynch is a psycho path murderer i dont think jamie can do it but i will wait and see

The links to Kyle Ward's twitter are broken. Did he confirm Foxx is Lynch? Foxx could just as easily be a member of The Seven.
He deleted his tweet. But looking at the RTs, it would seem he posted this... "Done deal... Jamie Foxx is in." It doesn't mention that Foxx is Lynch. But he probably is as they are looking to cast it. I thought they were looking for a british actor for the role of Lynch, idk.

He deleted his tweet. But looking at the RTs, it would seem he posted this... "Done deal... Jamie Foxx is in." It doesn't mention that Foxx is Lynch. But he probably is as they are looking to cast it. I thought they were looking for a british actor for the role of Lynch, idk.

Why the **** would they be looking for a British guy, when Lynch can best be described as a redneck or hillbilly of sorts........I doubt you would find many of them sorts in good ole tea drinking Britain my dear pal.

New Director For Kane And Lynch?

The posters were up at Cannes, and all seemed to be progressing smoothly: Bruce Willis and Jamie Foxx were starring in the videogame actioner Kane and Lynch, and veteran stunt guy Simon Crane was directing. But while the stars are still on board, Latino Review are reporting that Crane has departed the project, and that Kane and Lynch may now be directed by Wayne Kramer.

The reasons for Crane's departure aren't clear, although the usual creative differences and "things not working out" are the official line. F Gary Gray (The Italian Job and Law Abiding Citizen) was apparently shmoozed by the studio Millennium earlier this week, but politely declined.

Kramer though, is still sitting at the table, and might do well to stay there. His last film, the Crash-like race relations drama Crossing Over starring Harrison Ford and Ray Liotta, was reasonably well-received but went little seen, and suffered cuts at the behest of a twitchy Miramax. Before that he made the all-over-the-place DTV Paul Walker vehicle Running Scared. That film however, did ably demonstrate that Kramer has a way with violent and grimy shoot-outs that would sit very well with the sociopathic anti-heroics of Mr Lynch and Mr Kane.

Nothing's been signed yet, but expect confirmation shortly. Bruce Willis says the globetrotting crime drama is the best action script he's ever read. Kyle Ward wrote it, the games are by Eidos (Tomb Raider) and the producers are Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter. The start-date for shooting is perilously close...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28005

Loved Michel Clarke Duncan as Kingpin.
Heimdal seems fine to me.
But Foxx as Lynch is ******ed.
The character is very white and has quite a distinct look which would make Foxx look like Al Sharpton if he attempted it.
This is probably a pathetic attempt to prove that the Lynch in the title isn't of the racist variety.
Bunch of goofs.

Cage as Lynch is definitely a much better idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"