Live-Action Version of Cartoons Thread

M.O.Steel

Wayne Inc. Tech Support
Reaction score
I watching Toy Story 3 this last weekend and was thinking, it could be pretty cool to see a live-version of characters. At first I wanted to make this a Toy Story only, but i figured posters can get creative other works and cartoon that they can show and manip. I hope every one enjoys.

This is a really really dark, very gritty version of the story of how Andy was playing with the toys at the intro of ToyStory3. All these manips are made by myself. Most match the colors.

Sheriff Woodrow "Woody" Johnson--Christian Bale or Daniel Craig.
--a maverick, unconventional sheriff but incorruptible and thinks of other before himself.
Woody-Toy-Story-3-320x480.jpg

woody2.jpg
woody1.jpg

Officer Brandon "Buzz" Lightyear--Hugh Jackman
--Chief Space Ranger of the Galactic Police Force. a strict, by-the-book police officer
buzz-lightyear.jpg
buzz.jpg

Barbara "Bo Peep" Pepperdine--Natalie Portman
--Sheriff's wife. caring, loving, there for her husband who grounds woody
bp.jpg
bopeep.jpg

Jessica "Jessie" Johnson--Keira Knightley
--rebellious sister of Woody who always gets into trouble but gets away with it being the sister of the town sheriff, and falls for Buzz, I made her much older, and a bit sexier.
w_jessie_toy_dblfea_1600x1200.jpg
jesst.jpg

Last edited:
Dr. Johnathan "Pork-Chops" Hamm--DDL, Josh Brolin, James Gandalfini, Kevin Spacey
--the wealthy aristocrat or successful oil driller who will destroy anyone who comes in his way
hamm.jpg

2007_there_will_be_blood_013.jpg

Mr. Ernest "Potato-Head" Edwards
--Local powerful bandit that is
secretly working for Dr. Hamm (above)
mrpotatohead.jpg
deadwood_l_5445.jpg

Rex--Michael Clarke Duncan
--two possible versions 1) a reptilian alien race who works with Buzz, evil looking but a nice guy, 2) a normal but really really big and strong human who people of Woody's town calls Rex as a nickname, Woody's Deputy

ToyStoryRex4.jpg

rex.jpg
deadwood-timothy-olyphant10.jpg

Last edited:
changes, suggestions are welcomed.

i will work on other characters as i go along. suggestions for actors or visions are appreciated.

i don't share your unique vision when it comes to Toy Story but a live action Simpsons would be funny (or a complete train wreck)

I thought this was thread about live action movies based on cartoons.

i don't share your unique vision when it comes to Toy Story but a live action Simpsons would be funny (or a complete train wreck)

0,,2006100669,00.jpg

I'm leaning more towards trainwreck :awesome:

I dunno but I want a live action Mighty Max, Pirates of Darkwater and Gargoyles film.

I would like a live action version of Jackie Chan Adventures and Samurai Jack.

i figured since I are revisioning the toy story, might as well go a complete 180 on it. There could be a funny light-hearted version, but i figured, why not just go all out.

funny you mention the simpsons because there was a thread a while ago (not sure if its still there) and we did a cast your simpsons, and i thought it was really awesome and we got some great suggestions. so i dont' think it would be a trainwreck

............I don't know what to say

that pic of Keira Knightly is hot tho

M.O. Steel...

...can I buy what you're smoking?

Live action Gargoyles please.

this is pretty cool, love the detail, and i've seen his other work like his homer, mario, jessica rabbit. but it isn't what i had in mind because it is still a drawing, even though life-like. I was thinking a real picture with real actors.

M.O. Steel...

...can I buy what you're smoking?

:funny:

i was just watching the movie, and it went from, "i wanna see a real-version of that" to i should manip something, and snowballing into this. the worst part, it hasn't stopped, i'm thinking of a story outline too. i can't stop

Last edited:
Nolan needs to see this thread. I like these ideas.

my newest, and maybe greatest creation

Zurg--Willem Dafoe
--Evil Emperor, Buzz's sworn enemy, maybe the main villain of the sequel, connected to Dr. Hamm, supplying him with advanced technology beyond the old west, that makes him really rich
wp1_zurg_ts2_1600x1200.jpg
zurg.jpg

A part of me does want to see a live action Simpsons movie...or one gimmick episode.

The Toy Story cast has me crying

But there are alot of shows that would be good or decent in live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"