Lollipop Chainsaw

[YT]CKkbZCb9Y18[/YT]

the Katy Perry looking one (short black hair 50s inspired dress) and the one with her in the gold suit and blond Afro are great.

So there's skins for female Ash (from ED2); Katy Perry; Pink (I assume); Beyonce (as Foxy Cleopatra in Goldmember); and I can't figure out the goth chick....maybe Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim?

I think you're reading too much into them.

I have to sample this game at Gamestop or something to see how the play mechanics are.

I think you're reading too much into them.

Nah, those five in particular are clearly influenced by certain movie characters and music videos....I just can't place a couple of them.

LOL, wut?

Didn't watch the GT trailer, don't know if it's this one, but it's funny
I think I heard the voice of the guy before

Wait a moment, I just noticed it now, but is Juliet voiced by Twilight Sparkle? o_O

She IS! :awesome:

Did this game get a name change? I could have sworn it was called something slightly different before.

Nah, I think it was always Lollipop Chainsaw. Since it was always about Lollipops and Chainsaws.

Zomb Be-Gone Trailer
[YT]_punapVDqqE[/YT]​

IGN gave this a 5. Kinda makes me wonder if its true when they say that the reason why games don't have early or on-time reviews is because the developers weren't confident enough in the game to send a review copy out to reviewers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/14/lollipop-chainsaw-review

Eh to me, it just seems like IGN are being a bunch of pu**ies again, taking offense to every little thing. Too much sexuality, to much vulgarity etc.

I dont know, i haven't played the game yet, maybe the gameplay really is worthy of a 5 total score.

Eh to me, it just seems like IGN are being a bunch of pu**ies again, taking offense to every little thing. Too much sexuality, to much vulgarity etc.

I dont know, i haven't played the game yet, maybe the gameplay really is worthy of a 5 total score.

I just skimmed the review, but it sounded more like they were harping on the gameplay more than anything. That is the most important part of a game though, if you don't have good gameplay, you don't have a good game.

IGN gave this a 5. Kinda makes me wonder if its true when they say that the reason why games don't have early or on-time reviews is because the developers weren't confident enough in the game to send a review copy out to reviewers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/14/lollipop-chainsaw-review
X_-
Lollipop embraces exploitation to poke fun at itself -- everything is excessively violent, excessively sexual, and mashed together with glitter, sparkles, and rainbows. Thematically, it's a weird, funny mix. At some point, however, the over-the-top exploitation of a hyper-sexualized high school student isn’t the parody it started as anymore.
If a game trailer says it has that, sex & blood, and one of their interviewers hears the head of the project say rainbow & glitter and laugh about it together, THEY-SHOULDN'T-COMPLAIN-ABOUT-WHAT-WAS-GIVEN-TO-THEM-BEING-THERE :cmad:

Next thing one is going to complain about Injustice: Gods Among Us for having Superman tossing characters to space after playing the game, or do something as ridiculous as that

EDIT: I expected something very repetitive in gameplay and full of over the top dialogue, at least I was right in one expectation

Last edited:
Hmm sounds like a fun romp with kinda crappy/repetitive gameplay.

Kinda like Duke Nukem forever. With boobs.

Just got back from playing it.
I'd say the IGN review is pretty spot on.
The soundtrack is really really great. I wasn't expecting how good that was. The humor is hit or miss as is any immature game like that. I find the gameplay repetitive but fun. The main problem is the camera is a pain sometimes.
It is also apparently a short game.

I think it was worth the price I paid for it but I'd wait for a price drop as I know most people are looking for much more in a game then I do.

I was hoping Gamefly would send me this on Monday like they usually do with new releases that I have in my queue, but they didn't. But seeing the review kinda makes me glad because it means I can have more time with Skyrim. I still want to play this for the trophies, but I think I'll wait until I finish some other games.

I played for about an hour and it's reallllly funny. I unlocked some combos and that made the combat way better but it could be smoother; in a way it reminds me of Arkham Asylum in how the game doesn't feel as responsive as it should. Pretty much exactly what you should expect after seeing trailers and whatnot. :up:

I played for about an hour and it's reallllly funny. I unlocked some combos and that made the combat way better but it could be smoother; in a way it reminds me of Arkham Asylum in how the game doesn't feel as responsive as it should. Pretty much exactly what you should expect after seeing trailers and whatnot. :up:

See, that's what interests me more than the T&A/ blood & guts aspect of it. It *seems* like it's a pretty subversive concept, given that it was written by James Gunn, and more or less satirizes, well, the entirety of pop culture (or at least geek culture).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"