• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gamestop sued for misleading used game ads

I agree.

But, Gamestop is way down in the food chain. Like...bottom rung, as far as being exploitive and dangerous. When Gamestop starts poisioning natural resources to break ground and build a factory, and people actually die because of it...then I'd agree that they're on the **** list. But, the fact of the matter is that Gamestop is a nuisance. An annoying one, at worst. There are more options, and now more places provide pre-order dlc incentives as well.

The Rewards program is worth a look-see. It's free to join, and if you go through the website and add the gamers club you'll be treated to some nice coupons every month. Like a $10 coupon for Bioshock 2, a month ago. I think they had MW2 at $20 off with a coupon as well. There's some good stuff, sometimes.

That's true, for me as well. I remember when Gamestop was still pretty new, the guys they had working there knew about games. And I don't mean they'd say that game A sucked, and that game B was awesome. But, they were knowledgeable about the stuff they were selling.

But, the thing about it is that everywhere I go to buy games...the employees don't know anything either.

I miss being able to ask certain hardware/software questions, questions about release dates, etc......nobody really knows anything now...if they can't help me they tell me they can't, or usually I'm waiting like 30 minutes for them to run around and find someone or call somewhere to tell me something or they forget about me...lol

Nowadays if you can operate a register and can scan a price tag...your good to go......

Back to GS, I personally haven't had any problems, I've bough used, new, I do my research about content, sales, etc...I like to think I'm educated about there policies..........I have an aunt and cousin who bought a used game boy game...one of the older Pokemon Games (Gold or Silver...), it didn't work, they returned it and got credit...they saw the cashier repackage it in a used game carrier/case and as he put it back my aunt argued with him about reselling a defective/broken game...........I agree it wasn't a good thing for the cashier to do...but I did kinda did say told ya so with buying a like 9-10 year old game cartridge...

I'll look over, and reply to the other replies on the thread, later. But, I just really, really wanted to post this. My brother just ordered Dragon Age: Origins, for the PS3, earlier this week off the EA website.

I dunno if they changed the text, or if it's the same. But, I just looked at the back of the box and it says verbatim:

"INCLUDES: Downloadable character and quest, A $15 VALUE, One-time use code available with full retail purchase. Expires April 30, 2010."

If the text is the same, and I have no reason to think not...then we all have to agree. This guy is a ****ing idiot. It says it, right on the box. One-time use with full retail purchase.

Sorry, if I'm treading old ground here. I just hadn't seen the test on the box until now and I was kinda amazed that someone could look at that and not understand that the DLC is only with a new game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"