Look Alive, Wage Slaves! Presenting....Margot Robbie AS Harley Quinn! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might as well be an official still, if it wasn't for the film equipment.

Woah there... she looks even worse than I imagined... so tasteless. And to think that I was sooo looking forward to this character's big screen debut...

But oh well. Now, where's my violin?

I've heard that Harley has multiple looks/outfits in the film. So I'm curious to see if she has a "mission outfit." This looks more like "street clothes" to me.

Woah there... she looks even worse than I imagined... so tasteless. And to think that I was sooo looking forward to this character's big screen debut...

:funny:

tumblr_mzbqw0rizc1s61tm0o1_500.gif

I've heard that Harley has multiple looks/outfits in the film. So I'm curious to see if she has a "mission outfit." This looks more like "street clothes" to me.

She definitely has multiple outfits...in this film though? I don't know.

Can't say, too much distraction in that picture.:o
I must say she's not very impressive from that side, but at least we got a good look at her jacket. :o

She looks great. I get why some people are complaining that she's wearing skimpy clothing, but... she's been that way in the comics too for a long time and I don't recall too many people complaining about it there. I'm just glad she's not dressed like a damned court jester.

Actually, people have complained about that for awhile. Harley was character who was "sexy" without having to resort to wearing really skimpy outfits. So people really didn't like it when the New 52 decided "nope, that's not good enough. We have to start having her dress like a stripper and really ramp up the sex-appeal." That's been a problem with the New 52 overall, pushing things too far/not doing them well.

Yeah i get the issue, although it works for her character. If Batgirl started dressing like that then I'd see the complaint, but Harley has always used seduction as a tactic. If anything it's probably her way of trying really REALLY hard to get Mistah J to notice her.

Actually, people have complained about that for awhile. Harley was character who was "sexy" without having to resort to wearing really skimpy outfits. So people really didn't like it when the New 52 decided "nope, that's not good enough. We have to start having her dress like a stripper and really ramp up the sex-appeal." That's been a problem with the New 52 overall, pushing things too far/not doing them well.

To be fair, most female comic book characters have over-the-top physiques. Even if Harley was fully clothed her ass and **** would stand out. I don't really see the big deal with her New 52 costume, might as well go all out.

How come we see all these photos already? We'll probably have Joker soon. They can't or don't hide much.

In your opinion, perhaps. Plenty of people love the New 52 and have really enjoyed it, myself included. If it was actually a problem like you say it is, then it would not have as many fans as it has. Just because something does not fit your particular tastes, does not make it a problem.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the New 52, though I admittedly haven't read much of it just because I got sick of DC's constant reboots. But isn't new 52 Suicide Squad the first time Harley has been on the team? If so, then it makes sense why they'd choose to make her look like that version.

To be fair, most female comic book characters have over-the-top physiques. Even if Harley was fully clothed her ass and **** would stand out. I don't really see the big deal with her New 52 costume, might as well go all out.

In the comics and cartoons her original costume was drawn skin tight like body paint, so visually it's really not that different and not exactly covered up... well as covered up as Mystique is in the movies.

I like the set pics better than the official pic. I like my Harley in red and black or red and blue. I think the black outfit is misson gear.

In your opinion, perhaps. Plenty of people love the New 52 and have really enjoyed it, myself included.

Good for you, plenty of people don't. I like some of it, New 52 SS Harley is not one of the, (she's better in her own book). And that is a big sticking point for a lot of people that I talk to. Personally, I would have gone with something like her Assault on Arkham look:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d7/0d/55/d70d55c5159c71b1f502ce42c51abbcb.jpg

Yeah i get the issue, although it works for her character. If Batgirl started dressing like that then I'd see the complaint, but Harley has always used seduction as a tactic. If anything it's probably her way of trying really REALLY hard to get Mistah J to notice her.

See I hear some fans make that argument, and I've never bought it. "Using seduction" doesn't automatically mean "dress like a hooker." That's a distinction that some fans (but certainly not all) seem to not get. You can be "seductive" without wearing ridiculous skimpy outfits. Personally, I don't find this look to be "seductive" at all.

This isn't seductive. This is flirty and playful. The red and blue makes her look more bubbly. I could see why they went with that instead of the red and black. They're drawing from punk rock/burlesque.

Last edited:
She's no different to how the lasses around my town look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"