Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last two movies of Phase 3 of MCU, SHAZAM, and I think John Wick 3. I don't think there is much more in terms of movies I'd really love to watch next year.

I'll probably watch MCU Spider-Man sequel cause I love Mysterio, and the suit looks really neat, not much else tempts me to watch it.

Damn, this is a beaut right here! Credit goes to Leinil Francis Yu if I'm not mistaken.

DppxJkyUcAAtMd0.jpg

Damn, this is a beaut right here! Credit goes to Leinil Francis Yu if I'm not mistaken.

DppxJkyUcAAtMd0.jpg
I'm not used to seeing LFY's art with photo-realistic coloring, and am unable to see all the lines on the faces, so I can't really be sure.

the adam west batmobile showing up in the joker film set has got me intrigued.
what the hell's going on with that?

i think my interest for it has started to pique a little more now.

it would be hilarious if it turns out to be some weird prequel to cesar romero's version of the joker. haha

Last edited:
I really, really hope theyre not actually calling that movie Hobbs and Shaw. Come on, marketing people, give it a sexier name than that.

Also, idk, I'm probably alone in this but I'm still not sold on Statham's character being a good guy now and teaming up with the Rock. I LOVED that he was this evil, unstoppable badass in Furious 7. Not really a fan of how they retconned his character after that. But, hey, I love Statham and I love the Rock and I love action movies, so I'll watch it. Lol

Oh yeah thats right Elba's the bad guy. Yup im 100% in.

I'm not used to seeing LFY's art with photo-realistic coloring, and am unable to see all the lines on the faces, so I can't really be sure.

I just checked Marvel's official homepage, where he's credited for doing the first four issues of the current run. They look pretty similar (especially the 2nd issue).

See link below if interested:

Captain America (2018 - Present)

So, pics of Anna Diop's new Starfire outfits leaks.

ilcjmsn7ums11.jpg

wdhnqrh0sms11.jpg

Pics are grainy but God she's looking good.
See, this is why internet crowd who opted to attack actors needs to chill. Wait and see, the actress already said that she'll get other costumes.

For some reason I'm watching Supergirl cuz I'm bored and I'm watching the episode where she fights Superman. You know, say what you will about these CW shows but they really impressively use their budgets. I dont watch Supergirl consistently but I am always impressed with the special effects and fight sequences on the show. Her fight with her cousin was really inpressive, man. I mean, FOR A CW SHOW with a minimal budget, I wanna emphasize that. I was really impressed with the way they handled the combat between these two superpowered beings which cant be easy with such a small budget and small production window for each episode.

For some reason I'm watching Supergirl cuz I'm bored and I'm watching the episode where she fights Superman. You know, say what you will about these CW shows but they really impressively use their budgets. I dont watch Supergirl consistently but I am always impressed with the special effects and fight sequences on the show. Her fight with her cousin was really inpressive, man. I mean, FOR A CW SHOW with a minimal budget, I wanna emphasize that. I was really impressed with the way they handled the combat between these two superpowered beings which cant be easy with such a small budget and small production window for each episode.
Agreed, which is why I think it's unfair to compare them to other network or streaming shows, because CW really is the bottom of the barrel in terms of resources. I just think it's a shame that they have to work with such constraints in the first place.

Agreed, which is why I think it's unfair to compare them to other network or streaming shows, because CW really is the bottom of the barrel in terms of resources. I just think it's a shame that they have to work with such constraints in the first place.

And here's the thing with the CW, I feel like people make fun of them but they have been actively trying to change their image and I think they are constantly looking to up the ante so that people don't see them as pushovers. I'll tell you right now, the big crossover they did last year was BETTER than the Defenders. Yes, I said it. For all of the money and production quality that Netflix show had, "Crisis on Earth X" was a superior crossover to the Defenders in almost every way, including action scenes (Heck, I'll even argue it was better than JUSTICE LEAGUE). And I liked The Defenders, but was also disappointed with it in several aspects of it as well. But i remember watching some of the action scenes in "Crisis" and going "wow, THIS is impressive." Thats why I'm eagerly anticipating this year's with Batwoman and Superman, each year they seem to up the ante and I appreciate that even if they still have the inherent "CW" weaknesses (cheesy acting, drama etc.)

And here's the thing with the CW, I feel like people make fun of them but they have been actively trying to change their image and I think they are constantly looking to up the ante so that people don't see them as pushovers. I'll tell you right now, the big crossover they did last year was BETTER than the Defenders. Yes, I said it. For all of the money and production quality that Netflix show had, "Crisis on Earth X" was a superior crossover to the Defenders in almost every way, including action scenes (Heck, I'll even argue it was better than JUSTICE LEAGUE). And I liked The Defenders, but was also disappointed with it in several aspects of it as well. But i remember watching some of the action scenes in "Crisis" and going "wow, THIS is impressive." Thats why I'm eagerly anticipating this year's with Batwoman and Superman, each year they seem to up the ante and I appreciate that even if they still have the inherent "CW" weaknesses (cheesy acting, drama etc.)

There was a time when I had been a big fan of the CW-DCTV Universe (aka Arrowverse). However as time went on, I just ended up dropping a lot of the shows for various reasons.

1. Most of the shows are plagued with bad writing when it comes to how they present couples on the show. They give them such juvenile style obstacles when it comes to the couple's romance that it ends up making both parties looking bad.

2. "Arrow" and "The Flash" seem to suffer the most when it comes to writing decent characterizations for their female co-leads. Rather than solidifying their female characters as individuals first, they are mainly identified by who their love interest is first. When it comes time to focus on other and more important plot threads, those leads get lost in the shuffle and feel out of place when they are written to join the rest of the cast.

3. Furthermore, I am not a fan of how they have used Superman at times to prop up Supergirl at his own expense. I honestly do not care that it is her show. It still does not justify some of the things that they have done.

4. And my biggest gripe is how it feels like most of the Arrowverse is run by a group of SJWs. I have no problem seeing a strong and well written female lead/character. But having people say things like "Hashtag Feminism", "You are not the Flash Barry. We are", etc is just bad writing period. Frankly, I feel like the producers care about catering their shows to SJWS, Misguided and Extreme Feminists, and the LGBT demographics only. I do not have problem with representation but there is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"