Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-reading Tom King’s fantastic Omega Men has put me on a Kyle Rayner kick at the moment. I didn’t get into GL til Johns’ run and so my only previous exposure to Kyle was on team books. Diving into his early stories, I’m just now realizing how much this character’s gotten the shaft in recent times. He used to be great.

Omega Men is such a fantastic series. If you ever get a chance, Kyle was featured real well in Morrison's JLA run as well.

Re-reading Tom King’s fantastic Omega Men has put me on a Kyle Rayner kick at the moment. I didn’t get into GL til Johns’ run and so my only previous exposure to Kyle was on team books. Diving into his early stories, I’m just now realizing how much this character’s gotten the shaft in recent times. He used to be great.

Great character. Severely underrated. He's the real underdog of the GL franchise and my introduction to it. I'm not a huge fan of the way he was introduced but Emerald Twilight being what it was really had nothing to do with Kyle, he was literally the only good thing to come out of that fiasco. Omega Men was great, even though what they were doing with Kyle shortly prior to that was weird. Pairing Kyle with Carol Ferris is like pairing Tim Drake with Selina Kyle. Glad Rebirth ignored that. Kyle's the man.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Omega Men is such a fantastic series. If you ever get a chance, Kyle was featured real well in Morrison's JLA run as well.
Oh yes, I'm very familiar with that one. One of the only main team books I've ever loved. I think, as I read it in the past, I didn't pay much attention to Kyle compared to my usual faves, though I did enjoy the whole "intimidated newbie" vibe he brought. I'll probably re-read that soon now that I have more interest in him.

Reactions: MbJ
You know, just my opinion, I think this Avengers "re-release" is a bad idea and may backfire. I feel like if this "deleted scene" isnt a really cool one thats gonna make the audience go "whoa, why did they cut that?!" then people may leave the theater with a sour taste in their mouths thinking they were duped. If the deleted scene is just some 0: 43-second clip of Bruce Banner quipping with Tony and people are like "that's it?!" that might lead to some negative press.

Now, granted, I wanna be clear, the movie is enormously successful, people everywhere love the film and a little bit of negative press will by no means put a dent into the film or Marvel's reputation but, still, unless its a gangbusters deleted clip, I can only see people leaving disappointed and people will accuse them of pulling a cheap stunt. Just my two cents.

You know, just my opinion, I think this Avengers "re-release" is a bad idea and may backfire. I feel like if this "deleted scene" isnt a really cool one thats gonna make the audience go "whoa, why did they cut that?!" then people may leave the theater with a sour taste in their mouths thinking they were duped. If the deleted scene is just some 0: 43-second clip of Bruce Banner quipping with Tony and people are like "that's it?!" that might lead to some negative press.

Now, granted, I wanna be clear, the movie is enormously successful, people everywhere love the film and a little bit of negative press will by no means put a dent into the film or Marvel's reputation but, still, unless its a gangbusters deleted clip, I can only see people leaving disappointed and people will accuse them of pulling a cheap stunt. Just my two cents.
It would be like the Deadpool 2 re-release negativity. But I heard there's an added 6 minutes to the total running time, so it's gotta be more substantial that some under-a-minute quipping at the end.

Just saw that pic of a dad and his young daughter that drowned, and I remember why these flicks and really pointless superhero debates matter. It is easy escapism from the harsh cold world out there. Film violence never bothers me, but real world violence/tragedy just hits that sunken feeling in me hard. Goddamn.

Funny how these ''nice'' christian folks who hate abortions aren't rallying around them kids who are separated from their parents, but we know why. Eh.

It would be like the Deadpool 2 re-release negativity. But I heard there's an added 6 minutes to the total running time, so it's gotta be more substantial that some under-a-minute quipping at the end.

Eh, Deadpool 2 re-release being criticised was expected since all the good bits were cut or dubbed with less curse words due to PG13 rating, but some of that money was going to charity.

Is Omega Men a DC story? I've heard it mentioned, but don't know anything about it.

The leak also mentioned Andy Serkis being eyed for Penguin and now our boy Jett is saying his "two unrelated sources" are telling him Serkis will play an undisclosed role in the movie. lol The blogosphere cracks me up.

Serkis as Penguin's like fancast on the Bat forum for the last year and half lol

New Harley Quinn look for Birds of Prey.

sddcf67009sd.jpg

let's put a smile on that face

PS this is definitely set within the old DCEU as you can see the facial expression showing a severe lack of smile, not even a smirk

Is Omega Men a DC story? I've heard it mentioned, but don't know anything about it.
Yep, the Omega Men have been DC characters for a few decades, but Tom King reimagined them for a mini-series in 2015 as a bunch of galactic terrorists/freedom fighters who sort of conscript Kyle Rayner into their war against his will, and the whole story is full of geopolitical and social commentary and just brilliantly told, imo.

It definitely made me a Tom King fan as I immediately had to check out his Mister Miracle (also fantastic) after I first read it.

Last edited:
Just saw that pic of a dad and his young daughter that drowned, and I remember why these flicks and really pointless superhero debates matter. It is easy escapism from the harsh cold world out there. Film violence never bothers me, but real world violence/tragedy just hits that sunken feeling in me hard. Goddamn.

Funny how these ''nice'' christian folks who hate abortions aren't rallying around them kids who are separated from their parents, but we know why. Eh.

A horrendous story. And of course people are being horrible about it.

Is Robbie more skinny in BOP? Her hair cut and overall style feels more Asian/anime to me for some reason, esp compared to SS

Yep, the Omega Men have been DC characters for a few decades, but Tom King reimagined them for a mini-series in 2015 as a bunch of galactic terrorists/freedom fighters who sort of conscript Kyle Rayner into their war against his will, and the whole story is full of geopolitical and social commentary and just brilliantly told, imo.

It definitely made me a Tom King fan as I immediately had to check out his Mister Miracle (also fantastic) after I first read it.

Thanks! I'll put it on list (which has become extensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"